• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

It's both.
Conte was keen to leave the job, but not keen to leave his salary behind.

So he started to kick off a bit and whine and all parties agreed he should be paid XYZ and should bugger off.

It's on you if you want to call that a sacking or walking away or mutual agreement.

Yes it was mutually agreed. It wasn’t Conte walking out on us. But no doubt he was exasperated, and finding things hard. His rant at the end was all about turning that around however. That is how he pumps himself and his teams up. To drop those 2 points made him fume. That is not the behaviour of someone who does not care and is going to lounge around at home.

This notion that Conte walked, broke his contract, and left us high and dry is nonsense. And to take his quote as proving he did this, is just a form of confirmation bias - those who believed this already taking the quote as gospel.

Had Conte refused to return to work and broken his contract, the club would have fed this info out. Why would it protect Contes reputation? And why would the club lie and say it was mutually agreed? Of course it was mutually agreed. Conte didn’t break his contract, both parties agreed to conclude the relationship.

I think the results subsequently showed it wasn’t the best move but at least we have a clear run at the PL next season and can rebuild.

Yes it was mutually agreed. It wasn’t Conte walking out on us. But no doubt he was exasperated, and finding things hard. His rant at the end was all about turning that around however. That is how he pumps himself and his teams up. To drop those 2 points made him fume. That is not the behaviour of someone who does not care and is going to lounge around at home.

This notion that Conte walked, broke his contract, and left us high and dry is nonsense. And to take his quote as proving he did this, is just a form of confirmation bias - those who believed this already taking the quote as gospel.

Had Conte refused to return to work and broken his contract, the club would have fed this info out. Why would it protect Contes reputation? And why would the club lie and say it was mutually agreed? Of course it was mutually agreed. Conte didn’t break his contract, both parties agreed to conclude the relationship.

I think the results subsequently showed it wasn’t the best move but at least we have a clear run at the PL next season and can rebuild.

You keep saying he broke his contract. You understand managers can resign, right?

You keep saying he broke his contract. You understand managers can resign, right?

I keep saying the opposite, he didn’t break his contract. Never mind.

it is too boring to discuss. Essentially, some wanted Conte sacked such as @billyiddo When the results got worse, not better, without Conte, folkes were like ‘he prob walked anyway’ and then used this quote to absolve any responsibility that fans may have had clambering for his head.

Last edited:

Its not confirmation bias its about using the info at hand and coming up with logical reason. Confirmation bias would be everyone saying he was sacked with absolute no proof and then saying that the club were putting out false PR when it was suggested he had no intention in coming back.

Mutual consent still means someone has to come to the table with the initial idea that the relationship is over, in this case, based on his own comments it seems it was him that started that conversation, otherwise why would he make that statement? No one is saying in strong terms that he walked out, tore up his contract etc. Mutual consent is not used to protect people per say, its used because its the respectful and professional way to conclude business and relationships. As much as I think he walked away and I thought his time was up I would also think it would be pretty petty from Spurs to come out and reveal he has walked, I know fans get wound out by the lack of absolute clarity, but its also important I think to keep a level of confidentiality on thing.

Anyway, as said previously, he has gone, the end

I keep saying the opposite, he didn’t break his contract. Never mind.

it is too boring to discuss. Essentially, some wanted Conte sacked such as @billyiddo When the results got worse not better without Conte, folkes were like ‘he prob walked anyway’ and then used this quote to absolve any responsibility that fans may have had clambering for his head. Yadda yadda

You said he would have had to break his contract…like that’s never been done before? As I said, it’s called resigning.

Whether he walked or not, I’m glad he left. It was 4 months too late for me.

For me its not about how he left, its about how people are blatantly inconsistent about how they take and process information.

People happily piece together rumours and present them as fact and add some unrelated histrionics to say he was sacked and anything else that comes out is leaked false PR from the club. He comes out with a direct comment and the same people ignore it or at least fail to provide the same level of attention as they did the rumours. And thats fine, people can do what they like, but its also fair to highlight the hypocrisy of it.

For me its not about how he left, its about how people are blatantly inconsistent about how they take and process information.

People happily piece together information and present them as fact to say he was sacked and anything else that comes out is leaked false PR from the club. He comes out with a direct comment and the same people ignore it or at least fail to provide the same level of attention as they did the rumours. And thats fine, people can do what they like, but it’s also fair to highlight the hypocrisy of it.

The same as Slot saying Spurs and Feyenoord never spoke but suddenly it’s THFC’s fault because they wouldn’t pay the asking price.

You said he would have had to break his contract…like that’s never been done before? As I said, it’s called resigning.

Whether he walked or not, I’m glad he left. It was 4 months too late for me.

It is dull and I don't wish to bore you, but technically you can not just walk away from a job (resign), without serving noticing if there is a notice period in the contract (probably isn't a notice period in this contract), thus breaking your contract.

Last edited:
Anyway, it was mutually agreed ultimately as the club said in its statement, not Conte just walking out and refusing to work (as some still seem to think). Conte was always off this summer so not a big deal.

Club saying "mutually agreed" = is a lie. Baffling.

It's a term that respects both parties.

Football clubs are proffesional working environments not forums or social media where things often drop to year 9 levels of playground point scoring. So they don't, like many proffesional institutions feel the need to come out and say "he was definitely sacked" or "he definitely" walked just to quench the presses thirst for it.

It's a term that respects both parties.

Football clubs are proffesional working environments not forums or social media where things often drop to year 9 levels of playground point scoring. So they don't, like many proffesional institutions feel the need to come out and say "he was definitely sacked" or "he definitely" walked just to quench the presses thirst for it.

You were criticising people for not taking Conte's quote as gospel, but you think a carefully published club statement should be taken with a pinch of salt?

You were criticising people for not taking Conte's quote as gospel, but a carefully published club statement should be taken with a pinch of salt?

No it's just a proffesional understanding of what the term mutual consent usually means, that one party has instigated the process but it won't be revealed who because of proffesional working respect. When one of the parties then decides to reveal who it was that started the ball rolling then it makes the term frankly redundant.

No it's just a proffesional understanding of what the term mutual consent usually means, that one party has instigated the process but it won't be revealed who because of proffesional working respect. When one of the parties then decides to reveal who it was that started the ball rolling then it makes the term frankly redundant.

I think you are overcomplicating it. Mutually agreed, means both parties agreed to end the contract. That is all. Had there not been the furore over Contes freak out in the press conference, with most fans keen to see the back of him, he would have served out the season. I don't see the reality reflecting the narrative that he upped sticks and said, sorry guys I am done. That did not occur. The club and Conte both agreed to conclude there and then.

It is dull and I don't wish to bore you, but technically you can not just walk away from a job (resign), without serving noticing if there is a notice period in the contract (probably isn't a notice period in this contract), thus breaking your contract.

Hence there was a mutual agreement.

Back