• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

That's the point. He's getting criticism now and thinks the club should be explaining.

When he was getting praise, he wasn't saying "well someone from the club should be out here taking the credit too."

So when things are good, Conte is responsible. When they aren't, someone else should take the blame.

There's no physio can explain why we haven't taken a first half lead since September or why we've conceded at least two in how many games in a row?

That's mainly on the manager.

yeah he was, he heaped praise on the players

Sorry that's rubbish, the press will now and have already created a narative which has affected Conte in his interviews and will only get worse. They have a clear history of doing it and being able to do it. It's not the fans that have rattled Conte to make these responses, it's the press

The press created a narrative before he even joined. That he would throw his toys out of the pram and walk. It's the same narrative. If fans stopped buying into it the narrative would change.

The press created a narrative before he even joined. That he would throw his toys out of the pram and walk. It's the same narrative. If fans stopped buying into it the narrative would change.

It really wouldn't, the press pick managers who they think are vulnerable and circle them because they believe they have the power to make or break, its not about if the fans believe it, its if the other channels in the media join the campaign and put the pressure on. You see it happening and you will see it happen this week, after what was written today, that was not because of fans but it will escalate onto MOTD and multiple written pages if the fans believe it or not, thats how it works. Then as shown today the manager will show continued pressure and make comments that highlight his frustration about answering the same questions. This is not about if the fans believe the narrative, its how the manger deals with the increased pressure

This is about the press realising they are getting to him and exposing frustrations, be it with their questions or situation and capitalising on it and continuing to ask the same questions, nothing to do with the fans

Look at Klopp, Liverpool fans 100% behind him and he has felt the need to come out today and say he will not quit his job, three days after throwing his toys out the pram about being asked about transfers....the press and on field pressure will do that to a man

It really wouldn't, the press pick managers who they think are vulnerable and circle them because they believe they have the power to make or break, its not about if the fans believe it, its if the other channels in the media join the campaign and put the pressure on. You see it happening and you will see it happen this week, after what was written today, that was not because of fans but it will escalate onto MOTD and multiple written pages if the fans believe it or not, thats how it works. Then as shown today the manager will show continued pressure and make comments that highlight his frustration about answering the same questions. This is not about if the fans believe the narrative, its how the manger deals with the increased pressure

Around the same time last year when we were struggling he was interviewing mucg worse imo - personally i knew what he was like in interviews before he came here and so i don't pay it much attention, he doesn't like/hates losing and often comes across badly innthose circumstances

Around the same time last year when we were struggling he was interviewing mucg worse imo - personally i knew what he was like in interviews before he came here and so i don't pay it much attention, he doesn't like/hates losing and often comes across badly innthose circumstances

Yeh which probably makes him an easier target TBH rightly or wrongly. My point is that the press will circle and jab him with sticks regardless of what the fans think, they want fall guys to hone in on and along with on the field results, performances, contract situation and his frustrations in interviews they will jab away

They have their talons on now, they won't let go

This is about the press realising they are getting to him and exposing frustrations, be it with their questions or situation and capitalising on it and continuing to ask the same questions, nothing to do with the fans

Look at Klopp, Liverpool fans 100% behind him and he has felt the need to come out today and say he will not quit his job, three days after throwing his toys out the pram about being asked about transfers....the press and on field pressure will do that to a man

The medias job is to make money by selling stories. If people stop reading those stories they will write different ones.

Ok, seems you aren't reading what I'm writing. So:
a) Conte should be doing better with what he has, the last few weeks have been really poor
b) The squad has gaping holes (e.g. goalkeeper) and needs improving.

B isn't something that can be solved easily or can only be done at certain times of year. What can change quickly and hopefully easily is a but he's not and needs to work on it.

Yeh which probably makes him an easier target TBH rightly or wrongly. My point is that the press will circle and jab him with sticks regardless of what the fans think, they want fall guys to hone in on and along with on the field results, performances, contract situation and his frustrations in interviews they will jab away

They have their talons on now, they won't let go
Think you’re over egging this one.

Last season he literally came out and said maybe he’s not the right manager for Spurs which obviously the media jumped right on.

A couple of wins later and it wasn’t being spoken about at all. A little upturn in results and form and they would move on to the latest big 6 team in crisis. Sure, Contes future might always simmer in the background but that just comes with Conte and his refusal to commit to long term contracts….

Last season he literally came out and said maybe he’s not the right manager for Spurs which obviously the media jumped right on.

A couple of wins later and it wasn’t being spoken about at all. A little upturn in results and form and they would move on to the latest big 6 team in crisis. Sure, Contes future might always simmer in the background but that just comes with Conte and his refusal to commit to long term contracts….

Winning solves everything.

Of course because results changed and they can change a tide but if people don't believe that the press are now pushing buttons to create more pressure then they are being extremely naïve in my opinion. They will now continue to ask the same questions to stifle and frustrate Conte because they have had a rise out of him which, in his own words are, stop asking me questions. Now we can all agree that he has a point on his views, but the press will see that as a W and will push the buttons.

My views are only over egging if he manages to one, not rise to it, if performances improve OR if he signed a new contract, otherwise, as I have said, with those added pressures and not a turn around he had from last season the pressure will ramp up from the press and buttons continued to be pushed.

As I have said, just look at Klopp, they have him bouncing and looking like a dead man walking to a point he is reacting to questions that his fans are not even asking, so its not purely about fan influence and them reading too much into things, its about he press smelling blood.

The fact that the headline today appeared in the form it did kinda of proves my point to some extent

Last edited:
At this point it does feel that the club is hanging Conte out to dry.
I mean the PR team should be picking up on all these and its timely for a club statement around Conte etc. even if its repeating some statements about the optional year extension or contract negotiations or whatever.
Last important message I saw was that the club will be making a statement after the transfer window closes. Dry as a bone and creates more suspense to fuel internet conspiracy theorists.

Also what's happened to Paratici - has he been arrested? How are the investigations going and will he be absolved? Or is he busy giving Levy some training in the football financial dark arts Lol. I mean especially after news like fraud goes out, it would be good to see some mention about him or representing the club to provide assurance etc. Seems strange that everything has gone silent.

Silence and just Conte representing the club while the club's tightly controlled social media mouthpieces starts to go haywire - doesn't look good from a traditional PR point of view.

I mean the PR team should be picking up on all these and its timely for a club statement around Conte etc. even if its repeating some statements about the optional year extension or contract negotiations or whatever.
Last important message I saw was that the club will be making a statement after the transfer window closes. Dry as a bone and creates more suspense to fuel internet conspiracy theorists.

Also what's happened to Paratici - has he been arrested? How are the investigations going and will he be absolved? Or is he busy giving Levy some training in the football financial dark arts Lol. I mean especially after news like fraud goes out, it would be good to see some mention about him or representing the club to provide assurance etc. Seems strange that everything has gone silent.

Silence and just Conte representing the club while the club's tightly controlled social media mouthpieces starts to go haywire - doesn't look good from a traditional PR point of view.
Looking for the vote of confidence?

There is a total lack of direction at every level at the moment. Our identity is ‘The club with the amazing stadium.’

There is a total lack of direction at every level at the moment. Our identity is ‘The club with the amazing stadium.’

The small club trophyless Harry Kane team at the amazing toilet bowl stadium that celebrate wins with DVDs. I think that pretty much wraps it up from how people describe us.

Not really. It's the media baiting looking for juicy soundbites.

What would be the point? As soon as the club says anything about Conte being the manager it will be reported as the club issuing a 'vote of confidence', which will without doubt lead to more speculation that it means the exact opposite.
Plus it seems that the club and Conte are in contract discussions at the moment anyway (with Conte reportedly asking for a significant increase in salary), so a public statement is the last thing needed if negotiations are underway.

They didn't say they would be issuing a statement as such. They said they would reply to the Trust's list of questions (about strategy, Conte's contract, transfers, and investment in the club) after the transfer window has closed. That seems perfectly sensible (especially given they are not obliged to answer any of those questions at anytime). Why would we want our club Board to start issuing statements about money/manager/transfers at at time when we are in negotiations not only with our manager but with other clubs and players?
And I would bet everything now that whatever statement the club put out will be rubbished anyway, once the Trust have 'scrutinised' it.

Fair enough that we are not seeing many photos of Paratici but January and the summer months are the times I would absolutely expect to see less of him around the place as he should be totally engaged in a) trying to offload players we no longer want and of course b) bring in new players that the club/Conte does want.
I would expect the last thing the club to do is issue a statement about an investigation (in another country) unless it becomes absolutely necessary.
I do think, as was said yesterday by Conte, that it would be good, generally, to hear more from Paratici, and as someone else referred to on here, that was supposed to be a part of his remit.

I don't think we are any different to any other club though? Which other club board-members are giving statements or talking to the media? Personally I don't want Daniel Levy anywhere near the media as for all the skills he does have, in-front-of-camera does not appear to be one of them.

My thoughts to your points inline above.

He gets accused of not spending. He actually spends his fair share on transfer fees and has done since the stadium opened. However, it looks like he’s reluctant to push the boat out on wages and that’s going to be key in getting top players. After all, if you’re going to tempt them, you do it with money that goes into their pocket. His approach makes sense from a business perspective because if he starts paying higher wages, there is a knock on effect with the rest of the squad. However, it’s a major obstacle for us getting top players.
Even united with Ten Hag want to reduce wages, because it's getting ridiculous, and is not sustainable, nor is it helpful in the dressing room when certain players earn 3 times, or even considerable more, than other players.

Last edited:
Back