• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Short term it isn't helping, but long term it will. The more the players play that system the more they get used to it.
Keep the ones that can be seen to play it and get rid of the ones that show they can't adapt to the style he wants and get in ones that can play it.
Adapt though
Implement the system but don’t break your team in the process

Klopp finished 8th in his first season at pool. Ferguson finished 11th. They were given time to shape their clubs. Ffs we need to give conte at least a summer window.
We knew the squad was weak and needed a rebuild. Let them get on with it.
Except Conte is unlikely to have the money that Klopp and Ferguson had to re build their teams. I don't think the narrative will change that much in terms of spending. So Conte will have to deal with the hand he's given. He's not good at that.

Except Conte is unlikely to have the money that Klopp and Ferguson had to re build their teams. I don't think the narrative will change that much in terms of spending. So Conte will have to deal with the hand he's given. He's not good at that.
Klopp didn’t spend mega money to start with
But he was much more patient and the fans were too

In the time conte was at inter, tottenham had a higher net spend on transfers. Than inter did.

In the time conte was at inter, tottenham had a higher net spend on transfers. Than inter did.

Yeah I think the perception is that he's a chequebook manager and not sure that the history lines up with that perception. And I don't expect we'll spunk hundreds of millions on players in the summer. But listening to Simon Jordan, he reckons we will back him, not necessarily with massive transfer funds, but we will get him the players he wants.

If we do that, great. Levy will have played a blinder and it's up to Conte to deliver. We don't get what Conte wants and he flops or walks and it'll be toxic.

Yeah I think the perception is that he's a chequebook manager and not sure that the history lines up with that perception. And I don't expect we'll spunk hundreds of millions on players in the summer. But listening to Simon Jordan, he reckons we will back him, not necessarily with massive transfer funds, but we will get him the players he wants.

If we do that, great. Levy will have played a blinder and it's up to Conte to deliver. We don't get what Conte wants and he flops or walks and it'll be toxic.

Hope jordan is back on talksport tomorrow. See what he thinks of chelsea, everton etc... the rest are just idiots apart from danny murphy. Woods is good to look at though.

I don't understand why net spend keeps coming up. He spent £285 and half million as Inter boss in 2 years ( according to transfrmarkt). 350 million at Chelsea. How will he generate those types of funds at Spurs?

I don't understand why net spend keeps coming up. He spent £285 and half million as Inter boss in 2 years ( according to transfrmarkt). 350 million at Chelsea. How will he generate those types funds at Spurs?
By selling players for a profit
And it’s the Dof who does that of course

I don't understand why net spend keeps coming up. He spent £285 and half million as Inter boss in 2 years ( according to transfrmarkt). How will he generate those types funds at Spurs?

Ok we spent £233m in those 2 years.

We'll be selling lo celso, ndombele, ccv, rodon, probably emerson/doherty, moura and possibly gil. There will be an unprecedented number of players out of contract or in their last year.

We will be able to get him players.

It must feel so good not judging Conte till the end of next season. The high horse of writing off this season and the next without any judgement going any which way. How wonderfully positive! All we need is a “rebuild”. What have I missed? Oh fans that have any expectations are clearly feel overly entitled, how dare we expect to at least feel competitive.

No its just that some fans are more realistic then others.

We won't generate anything close to those figures unless we sell Kane and Son. Our 2 best players.
Depends if we buy and sell
The spend you talk about was offset by sales
That includes buying lukaku and Hakimi and selling them for big profits
It can happen
And of course we make much more money that inter as a club

We're being reasonably competitive under him. He inherited an under performing team in mid table and has us in with half a shout for top 4. Given what he has in the side, that's probably par for what I'd expect. As long as he's doing that much, there's no negative judgement from me. You don't bring in a Conte to turn proven underperformers into world beaters. He can take them so far but he's a football manager, not a magician. If your expectation is that he's failing unless we get top 4 or win a cup, you'll be calling for him to be fired at the end of the season and it'll be the same with the next fella and the one after that.

This is where it’ll become clear that my concerns go much deeper than Conte himself so going in to a full scale rant in this thread may seem out of place..

We’re not being reasonably competitive for anything under him as last night showed, but fair enough, the “have patience” line will be a nice and positive reposte to my concerns. If we’re saying what chance could Conte have with this squad then it’s more serious accusations to Levy and Paratici but it’s only another two seasons of mediocrity once the guy’s contract runs out. What transpired with Nuno isn’t Conte’s fault of course, but it does seem like another excuse.

I wouldn’t say I’m calling for the manager’s head if we don’t win something / get top four, I’d just love us to be able to look like we’re in the position to to win something or failing that get in the top four (more win something than get top four as history means more than the financial spreadsheets but again, probably for another thread). My expectation is if we’re playing a defensive system and we give away 3/4 guilt edge chances against Leeds + Middlesbrough each we’re going to struggle. That’s not the weight of previous failures on the new guy imo.

Appreciate my rants especially after another limp, inexcusable cup exit can seem one dimensional but the squad is paper thin and the manager has wilder mood swings then I do (diagnosed bi-polar) and he is getting paid either way and has us over a barrel. I get that nobody is being positive specifically to rile me up, it’s probably much easier to be that way inclined but it’s painful hearing people talk about the second half of a campaign as if it’s a pre season.

“Just wait until the summer window” has a “this time next year we’ll be millionaires Rodney” feel about it, it’s only 5-6 first choice players we need so jobs a dream. However, just wait until the end of next season before making any judgements seems like we’re actively taking the tinkle out of ourselves at this stage.

Last edited:
This is where it’ll become clear that my concerns go much deeper than Conte himself so going in to a full scale rant in this thread may seem out of place..

We’re not being reasonably competitive for anything under him as last night showed, but fair enough, the “have patience” line will be a nice and positive reposte to my concerns. If we’re saying what chance could Conte have with this squad then it’s more serious accusations to Levy and Paratici but it’s only another two seasons of mediocrity once the guy’s contract runs out. What transpired with Nuno isn’t Conte’s fault of course, but it does seem like another excuse.

I wouldn’t say I’m calling for the manager’s head if we don’t win something / get top four, I’d just love us to be able to look like we’re in the position to to win something or failing that get in the top four (more win something than get top four as history means more than the financial spreadsheets but again, probably for another thread). My expectation is if we’re playing a defensive system and we give away 3/4 guilt edge chances against Leeds + Middlesbrough each we’re going to struggle. That’s not the weight of previous failures on the new guy imo.

Appreciate my rants especially after another limp, inexcusable cup exit can seem one dimensional but the squad is paper thin and the manager has wilder mood swings then I do (diagnosed bi-polar) and he is getting paid either way and has us over a barrel. I get that nobody is being positive specifically to rile me up, it’s probably much easier to be that way inclined but it’s painful hearing people talk about the second half of a campaign as if it’s a pre season.

“Just wait until the summer window” has a “this time next year we’ll be millionaires Rodney” feel about it, it’s only 5-6 first choice players we need so jobs a dream. However, just wait until the end of next season before making any judgements seems like we’re actively taking the tinkle out of ourselves at this stage.

To me, we kind of have no choice - as always - but to wait and see and be patient once more. Before Conte took over we had an approximately 2 1/2 year rot at the club (last 6 months of Poch to sacking of Nuno). You'd have to be Paul Daniels/David Copperfield/your magician of choice to make that disappear in a couple of months.

At the time of his hiring Conte was BY FAR that best head coach we have ever hired (peak Mou would have been that, be we didn't get peak Mou). And according to those who know the game, Conte is a systems/process manager. And it appears that our current paper thin/bare bones squad has not/cannot learn this system.

So we can judge and react as we like, and then have to have our nights and days spoiled by our inconsistency. But our best chance of success is to hope that Levy backs Conte, and that Conte's competitive nature motivates him to make a success out of our club. And no, I'm not suggesting we have any hope. We all know what hope does.

Back