• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

I guess we will see Sunday whether MP feels key players do need a rest or whether he thinks they need opportunities to play themselves into form. I'm undecided which it is, personally.

Can't believe criticism of Janssen already!

I'd think about brining in Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen but then I'm eager for our first XI to start playing together again. No doubt our best period of the game was when we fielded:

Lloris

Walker Alder Vert Davies

Dier Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane
Reading this forum the past few weeks it's as if we have serious serious relegation fears - it's quite odd, aka pathetic

I agree; that chance he created for Kane around the 80th minutes was class. Not sure Kane, as an example, would have had the strength AND control to do that atm
Tricky. We need to win but can't assume anything re Sunderland.
If we overrotate and we then don't win, it could really sour things.

Personally i think Sunderland will feel quite a backlash...or maybe that's just me hoping..:eek:
Let's hope for a Barcelona style retaliation after a loss.

I guess we will see Sunday whether MP feels key players do need a rest or whether he thinks they need opportunities to play themselves into form. I'm undecided which it is, personally.

I agree, it will be quite telling

-------------------Lloris------------------
Walker---Toby---------Vert----Davies
--------Wanyama----Dembele---------
Lamela----------Alli------------Eriksen
----------------Janssen-------------------

Give Kane and Dier a rest.

Last edited:
----------------Jensen-------------------

This would be my team as well.

----------------Jensen-------------------

john%20jensen%20euro%201992.jpg

I'd be happy with that too.

Squad news on the OS, says Rose is the only injury doubt.

So what is the score with Wimmer then? Must be well off the pace in training if he isnt making the bench

These are young players, occasionally being on the bench is not going to do them any harm. Also be tempted to start Sissoko instead of Eriksen.

So what is the score with Wimmer then? Must be well off the pace in training if he isnt making the bench

Yeah, I'd also like to know why he's not on the bench. I wouldn't mind him getting a few matches instead of Verts, tbh.

wasn't he injured at the end of preseason? could be that he's over the injury but still working on getting up to speed

I just hope he hasn't fallen out of favour for some reason. He was great when he played last season, so it would have been a huge waste.

I just hope he hasn't fallen out of favour for some reason. He was great when he played last season, so it would have been a huge waste.
Apparently he did his hammy. Although the interwebs has no mention of it, so perhaps we will soon be reading the obligatory 'Wimmer ends his Tottenham Nightmare'/'Wantaway Wimmer ends his spell in Spurs Hell' articles in January.

There are certain players certainly not performing at the moment. I think Dier has been a shadow of his imperious self of last season. I have noticed on many occasions this season that he seems to be the wrong side of the play. For example, in the Monaco game he was just jogging back when Lamela lost the ball for their first goal. I think the Dier of last season would have sniffed out the danger as soon as it arose. This wasn't the first time either. I like Dier but I think he needs a rest to regroup a little and get back his enthusiasm.

Likewise, Kane, who is obviously off form at the moment. I would like to see his running stats compared to when he first broke into the team. I suspect he isn't nearly covering as much ground - he doesn't seem to close down with the same boyish enthusiasm he did when he first made his name in the side.

It may well be a European hangover as Dele also hasn't been as sharp this season yet.

I think these three need to be rested for a time. Maybe even sent on holiday to get some sun for a few days. I think we should be able to cope without them against Sunderland and Gillingham. So my side for Sunderland (assuming Rose is still out) is:

...................................Lloris..........................................

Walker..........Toby..................Verts......................Davies

................Wanyama..........Dembele

Sissoko..................Eriksen...............Son

.........................Jansen........................

Sunderland are likely to sit back and Eriksen must dominate play with Sissoko, Son and VJ providing runners for him.

It is important that Poch truly operates a meritocracy with our squad and gives all players a chance to perform. Our first choice need to be aware that there are no guaranteed places and they need to maintain a high level every game they play. Hopefully, Kane, Dele and Dier will come back fully refreshed and raring to go.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.

After the result against Monaco, someone's gonna get a hurtin'.

I read somewhere this week ( Guardian?) that Kane has averaged over 12 km per PL game. He's putting himself about.

Back