• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
spurs.png
VS
sunderland(3).png

Sunday 4.30 pm
White Hart Lane

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Wanyama Dembele
Son Alli Eriksen
Kane

Here's something to use as motivation:
Whenever they are expected to do summatt they implode.
Loads of hype from the press
No real quality or commitment
Shouldn't be a worry to us at the weekend if we have confidence
Have arsed team of wage-pickers
Fukin hate the London boys like they've arrived somewhere we haven't
Spurs are just nowt and very very beatable with the right attitude

Cmon Moyesey get them wound up for this one

Lloris

Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen (through gritted teeth) - Davies (same)

Wanyama - Dembele

Sissoko - Alli - Eriksen

Janssen/Kane

----------------Lloris

Trippier Alder Wimmer Davies

-------Wanyama Dembele

--GKN-------Sissoko------Son

------------Janssen

Lloris

Walker- Alderweireld - Vertonghen ("through gritted teeth" agree) - Davies

Dier- Dembele

Lemala- Alli - Eriksen

Kane
When is Wimmer back? Jan is looking so slow it's frightening
Janssen is a waste of space. Clumsy, no pace, no touch and fouls all the time.

Whenever they are expected to do summatt they implode.
Loads of hype from the press
No real quality or commitment
Shouldn't be a worry to us at the weekend if we have confidence
Have arsed team of wage-pickers
Fukin hate the London boys like they've arrived somewhere we haven't
Spurs are just nowt and very very beatable with the right attitude

To the Mackems
Point 1 - To be honest, more often than not we do
Point 2 - Not our fault
Point 3 - Debateable
Point 4 - So they had no confidenece v Everton
Point 5 - As are most teams in the Premiership these days
Point 6 - We have actually, European football!
Point 7 - Every team is beatable with the right attitude on the day

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Wanyama Dembele
Janssen Sissoko Eriksen
Kane
Get Kane in the box more, feed him the ball in the box, just let him be the focal point.

Id like to see Janssen in Lamela's position, i think he has the tenacity and ability to be effective there. Anyway he, Sissoko and Eriksen have the freedom to move and interchange but above all must be supportive of Harry

2-0

Can't believe criticism of Janssen already!

I'd think about brining in Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen but then I'm eager for our first XI to start playing together again. No doubt our best period of the game was when we fielded:

Lloris

Walker Alder Vert Davies

Dier Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane

Did his hamstring on 10 August (5 weeks ago)

Grade 1 is 1-3 weeks, grade 2 is 4-8 weeks

So hopefully soon.

Jan looks like he's getting slower, last night he cost us a goal.........showing a 'left' footer the inside :eek: 0-1. Good strike though

The second was a bit sloppy and bad luck in the main + the exaggerated Wembley bounce

Can't believe criticism of Janssen already!

I'd think about brining in Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen but then I'm eager for our first XI to start playing together again. No doubt our best period of the game was when we fielded:

Lloris

Walker Alder Vert Davies

Dier Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane

I actually like what I've seen of Janssen. He looks strong, hardworking and smart. I'd like to see him given a run as lone CF (with a proper AM trio, not Kane levered in) in a few games like this one, to give him a bit of momentum.

I do worry a bit though that Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen are all big physical players. Hopefully GKN will emerge in the coming weeks to bring a bit more finesse and creativity into the mix.

Jan looks like he's getting slower, last night he cost us a goal.........showing a 'left' footer the inside :eek: 0-1. Good strike though

The second was a bit sloppy and bad luck in the main + the exaggerated Wembley bounce

Slower? He's back from a fairly serious injury ahead of schedule with a disrupted pre-season. I would suggest not match sharp yet instead and probably rushed back because of Wimmer being out too.

I actually like what I've seen of Janssen. He looks strong, hardworking and smart. I'd like to see him given a run as lone CF (with a proper AM trio, not Kane levered in) in a few games like this one, to give him a bit of momentum.

I do worry a bit though that Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen are all big physical players. Hopefully GKN will emerge in the coming weeks to bring a bit more finesse and creativity into the mix.

I agree; that chance he created for Kane around the 80th minutes was class. Not sure Kane, as an example, would have had the strength AND control to do that atm
Tricky. We need to win but can't assume anything re Sunderland.
If we overrotate and we then don't win, it could really sour things.

Personally i think Sunderland will feel quite a backlash...or maybe that's just me hoping..:eek:

Slower? He's back from a fairly serious injury ahead of schedule with a disrupted pre-season. I would suggest not match sharp yet instead and probably rushed back because of Wimmer being out too.

You are kind, showing that guy on the inside last night would have made me give him a such a verbal tongue lashing, I may have gone in to cardiac arrest.

Yes he probably is doing his best coming back from an injury and all that!

But as a sidebar, having watched Pep Guardiola's change the ragtag City team of last season into looking like world beater this season, it shows what is achievable.........and we are not even close.
The malaise of the end of last season continues?

Are you describing Iain Dowie? ;)

"strong, hardworking and smart" well other than the smart bit ;)

He is a championship striker, I would prefer Defoe or maybe someone who can run with ball on the odd occasion.

I agree; that chance he created for Kane around the 80th minutes was class. Not sure Kane, as an example, would have had the strength AND control to do that atm
Tricky. We need to win but can't assume anything re Sunderland.
If we overrotate and we then don't win, it could really sour things.

Personally i think Sunderland will feel quite a backlash...or maybe that's just me hoping..:eek:

Full strength in this one, then rest them in the other cup. This one is far more important than yesterday. Have to keep pace with the rest.

Are you describing Iain Dowie? ;)

"strong, hardworking and smart" well other than the smart bit ;)

He is a championship striker, I would prefer Defoe or maybe someone who can run with ball on the odd occasion.

..you mean run with the ball and shoot on sight no matter where and what teammates are about who could be better placed?
Do you want Townsend back?:)

..you mean run with the ball and shoot on sight no matter where and what teammates are about who could be better placed?
Do you want Townsend back?:)

Don't know, but last night he would have at least had a go!

Joking apart, no just someone that can control the ball on the move and give a weighted through ball.
He will just get fouls given against him in today game trying to outmuscle defenders.
He's not even good in the air!

Don't know, but last night he would have at least had a go!

Joking apart, no just someone that can control the ball on the move and give a weighted through ball.
He will just get fouls given against him in today game trying to outmuscle defenders.
He's not even good in the air!

Didn't you see Janssen's chance he set up for Kane near the 80th minute mark??
I think more like that will come with Janssen; he and Kane imo will benefit from the extra pace that GKN and Sissoko will give us when they start getting more integrated.

Back