• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

Are you describing Iain Dowie? ;)

"strong, hardworking and smart" well other than the smart bit ;)

He is a championship striker, I would prefer Defoe or maybe someone who can run with ball on the odd occasion.
No harm mate but I don't recognise the striker you're talking about. I've seen run with the ball, beat people and show good control and touch.
He's done well playing in front of a misfiring attack.

I think we can give Dier a rest for this one, Wanyama played 50 odd minutes at Stoke and didn't plat at all v Monaco. We have Gillingham in the league cup on Weds, so I'd play Wanyama v Sunderland and Gillingham, then bring back Dier for Boro away. I'd give Son another start too. Leave Kane in, Jannsen can start in the league cup on weds.

---------------lloris
walker----toby----vert---davies
-------wanyama----dembele
----son-------alli--------eriksen
-------------kane

(then for the league cup game, I'd play: vorm; trippier, ccv, wimmer, vert/rose; wanyama, sissoko; lamela, onomah, n'kodou; jannsen)

I actually like what I've seen of Janssen. He looks strong, hardworking and smart. I'd like to see him given a run as lone CF (with a proper AM trio, not Kane levered in) in a few games like this one, to give him a bit of momentum.

I do worry a bit though that Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen are all big physical players. Hopefully GKN will emerge in the coming weeks to bring a bit more finesse and creativity into the mix.
Completely agree mate.

That was always my concern, we are a strong side but I like to see us play football.

Three points all-important Sunday, to lift the boys again. Sunderland have looked ragged and we need a reaction to last night.

Full strength in this one, then rest them in the other cup. This one is far more important than yesterday. Have to keep pace with the rest.

What is full strength the way Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dier and Verts have started the season?

Persist with the players who aren't sharp, or back some of the better-performing 'second string'

What is full strength the way Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dier and Verts have started the season?

Persist with the players who aren't sharp, or back some of the better-performing 'second string'

I'd drop Eriksen personally, but who are these better performing players? Wanyama has been slightly better than Dier. Nobody else has done much more than the odd glimpse.

----------Lloris

Walker Alder Wimmer Davies

-------Dier------Dembele

--Lamela----Alli------Eriksen

------------Janssen[/QUOTE]

Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Wanyama, Dembele; Sissoko, Lamela, Son; Janssen

subs: Vorm, Walker, Vertonghen, Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

Give some of the usual lot a break, it's not like any of them bar Walker are playing particularly well at the moment anyway.

Can't believe criticism of Janssen already!

I'd think about brining in Wanyama, Sissoko and Janssen but then I'm eager for our first XI to start playing together again. No doubt our best period of the game was when we fielded:

Lloris

Walker Alder Vert Davies

Dier Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane
Our best period was when Sisdoko as on, all ten minutes of it.
Not when Lamela was on.

Are you describing Iain Dowie? ;)

"strong, hardworking and smart" well other than the smart bit ;)

He is a championship striker, I would prefer Defoe or maybe someone who can run with ball on the odd occasion.
How many not smart Aeronautical Engineers do you know?
How dare you liken him to Dowie? I think Janssen has a similar skill set to Our own 'Ginger Pele' Doherty, except perhaps Dherty was a better header.

Our best period was when Sisdoko as on, all ten minutes of it.
Not when Lamela was on.
No it really wasn't. We absolutely bossed the game in the first 20 mins of the second half and it felt like it was only a matter of time until we scored. When we brought Janssen on and reshuffled we lost our momentum. Not Janssen's fault (thought he did well), more the reshuffle with Alli going left and Kane behind Janssen.

Ready for a bit of a reshuffle. Would be nice to see the Moussa brothers controlling the midfield together. We'll win.

----------------Lloris----------
Walker-----Toby---Jan---Davies
--------Dier-----Dembele-----
Sissoko------Alli---------Eriksen
-----------Janssen------------

Back