• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

I quite liked what I saw in having a big, gnarly set of midfielders like we fielded today. Wanyama, Sissoko and Dembele are all big, mobile and can do a bit of bullying.

I liked Sissoko's hold-up play on Sunday. He was pretty good at providing an outlet when Sunderland pressed us. Enough hints that he can be a danger around the box.

The strong, slippery Dembele often brings the unexpected into his decision making yet can just run through or over oppontents.

Wanyama is decently skilled but has just enough sandpaper to his game to make rivals wary. He isn't afraid to leave a mark.

If we'd played them, or even two, in our starting lineup against Monaco, we'd have wore down their midfield more early on and had a better outcome.

It's not the solution for every game but it's good to see options like this exist with the squad.

this was a very, very poor game, we've now played two championship teams in a row, crystal palace confirmed the "form" for stoke. Would we have scored without a sunderland mistake ? With Kane out now, we look so limited in the final 3rd, we're not a team who can play a false 9. Sunderland actually had the best chance of the game at the end of the first half. Janssen is toilet on admittedly limited evidence and Son isn't the sort of player than can lead the line, I'm worried what we're going to do against a decent team, Poch is going to earn his keep in the next few weeks.

Do you have this much perspective in life in general?

Probably could have played more attack minded players from the start.

Sland came to defend and try to score on the break when taking a risk.

We win, undefeated, and People can't shut up about the big worry. We have 5 more points this season vs last in a tougher league.

Wait until we really get motoring again and winning convincingly. Kane being out may just be a GHod send, he looked tired, leggy and a little desperate.

Job done

Thought we played a solid game. Controlled it well at the back, created heaps of chances, bar another outstanding opposition keeper effort at the lane, we would've won by three goals at least. Pickford was excellent.

Son was outstanding today, worked his socks off and had a confidence and aggression to his game I didn't see last season. Must start against boro.

Don't really have any complains after today. A job well done. Hopefully kane's injury isn't too bad, but I'm fearing he'll be out for a couple of months, didn't look good on TV. :(

Sent from my D6603 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

this was a very, very poor game, we've now played two championship teams in a row, crystal palace confirmed the "form" for stoke. Would we have scored without a sunderland mistake ? With Kane out now, we look so limited in the final 3rd, we're not a team who can play a false 9. Sunderland actually had the best chance of the game at the end of the first half. Janssen is toilet on admittedly limited evidence and Son isn't the sort of player than can lead the line, I'm worried what we're going to do against a decent team, Poch is going to earn his keep in the next few weeks.

other than that Mrs Lincoln how was the play?

score early and its 3+ goals in games like that, the longer it goes on the more inclined we are to feel a bit more desperate. Sometimes it doesn't work out like that and you grind out a narrow win, what matters at this stage is the 3 points. The performances will come, we completely dominated the game but our final ball really needs to improve. We need to get more people in the box when we attack. often we only have Kane to aim for

Are you happy in real life or just as miserable as your posts, we were by far the better side and never looked in any danger of losing the game. Spurs fans amaze me at times we completely controlled the game and if we had won by a cricket score no one could have said we did not deserve it.

Our problem ( and has been for a while) is we are not putting away a lot/most of the chances ae create, i said in an thread last week then we need to be more clinical in our finishing ( we had 31 shots at goal)and its something we have to put right. I can only imagine that we somehow look different on the box then we do in real time because we totally dominated the game yesterday and apart from not finishing the chances we were fine.

Reading this thread, I suggest a lot of people should go to their doctors tomorrow, so many bad knees out there.

Thankfully i never have to read sit through match threads but it is full of, to be honest this forum is a lot better then most though.

Kentucky Bourbon..
Steff. I used to be like you fifteen years or so ago.Mr optimistic!

We may win th e league some time but a lot of years has passed us by. I,m not blaming Mr
Levy though. But I may feel a bit sad he has not been able to get us to win the League.

So I hope you all don't mind if my comments are at the extreme end of criticism how I see things.
Off course knee jerk at the start of a new season and alarm.
I can,t put my finger on what it is why this club has not done better. If I was a fly on the wall that could actually see us in training and what criteria we use in the transfer market..I may have more of an insight.

Fingers crossed for this Season a.
Come you Super Spurs..............."............

I can,t put my finger on what it is why this club has not done better.

Money.jpg

One of the worst games of the season? I just don't get this? As far as I'm concerned almost the most we can ask for in terms of the coaching staff preparing the team is to get exactly what we got. Playing then off the park. A ridiculous number of shots and possession. When they are sitting that deep clear chances are going to be tough to create so anything after that is down to luck, and not a reasonable expectation.

I think the coaching team need to work even harder on our finishing.

Very happy to be wrong.

Was convinced we were going to lose this one, certainly the old Spurs would have. The weekend had started off badly with a defeat for Warrington after they had a chance to finish top of the Super League. So I was on a downer from Friday night.

Once they started wheeling the stats out -
We were unbeaten, they hadnt won this season. They hadnt won in August or September for 23 matches. The chance to go 3rd with a win. It was setting us up for a fall.

Then after 15 mins, it definitely began to feel like 'one of those days' and memories of Wigan, Hull and Stoke 0-1's resurfaced.

So, as I say, very happy to be proved wrong, even if it was courtesy of a defensive mistake. I'll take anything on a day like that.

Exactly .. I really wonder what would happen if we did like Manure

- Spend hundreds of millions over last 3 years
- Buy a world record fee player, acquire a player considered to be in the top 5 strikers in the world by many
- Hire a top proven coach with a record of winning

Then lose 3 in a row, including Watford ...

Mass suicide?

Exactly .. I really wonder what would happen if we did like Manure

- Spend hundreds of millions over last 3 years
- Buy a world record fee player, acquire a player considered to be in the top 5 strikers in the world by many
- Hire a top proven coach with a record of winning

Then lose 3 in a row, including Watford ...

Mass suicide?
Serious relegation fears.

Good result!
Not as fluid going forward as i've seen in other games (esp from deep, where i felt Wanyama and Dembele were often too 'safe' with their passing) but you can't argue with the amount of saves we made Pickford do; many were very good ones too.
And LOL at the suggestion that we should have rested Walker and played Trippier!
Did you see how pacy that side was? Could you imagine Trippier keeping pace with Manquillo, let alone Watmore AND Manquillo later on??
And would Trippier have made that clearance (granted Pienaar shouldn't have given the chance for us to clear that chance but anyway..)

Wanyama and Dembele (despite my point above) played very well and if anything Dier showed he needs a break..the way he got so easily turned in the lead-up to Pienaar's chance was a bit worrying for a CB imo (though tbf, he hasn't played there for a while).
Sissoko looked like he was playing with the handbrake on, but considering Sunderland were leaving little space in behind i felt he was disciplined to make sure he timed whatever he did going forward to not leave his vacated space vulnerable. Also, after that Pienaar chance he was about to go on one of those runs; Manquillo knew it and hence he cynically stopped it. That counter-attacking capability of his is gling to be lethal for us at time imo

Good selections all round by Poch considering the games coming up and the CL game midweek.
Apart from the Kane injury, onwards and upwards.
COYS

Happy with the win and the performance. But we made hard work of it. This should have been a comfortable win but we made it tense until the match was over. Really disappointed we failed to score more for all the chances we created. We are still having problems killing teams off just like last season. It could have been costly for us had Sunderland scored and force us to draw. In fact, we were very fortunate not to concede as Walker made a goal-line clearance early in the match.

Credit to Kane for scoring the winner and his 2nd goal of the season. But you have to be worried about his injury. Not sure how long he will be out injured. It was a self-inflicted injury as he should not have gone into the tackle like that. Hopefully he will be back soon. Until Kane returned we have to rely on Janssen to get us the goals. But unfortunately, Janssen is still struggling to score his first goal for us. It seems like the pressure is getting to Janssen looking at the way he wasted the golden chance to score after coming on. It was really naive of Janssen to shoot like that. He should have passed to the unmarked Lamela who could have set up an open goal for Janssen. I think Lamela should have started this game as he could have scored a hattrick after coming on. Son should have scored atleast 1 goal for all the chances he had.

It was nice to see Dembele back in midfield after his 6 match ban. Too bad that he couldn't score to make his return more memorable. It was interesting to see Dembele partner Wanyama in midfield. Maybe they will need more time to gel together. Sissoko worked hard but his end products let him down. His passes or shots went off target too many times. Surely he needs to improve a lot if he is to started in our first 11. Frankly, it was a bit strange not to see Eriksen in the first 11. Too bad we couldn't bring on Eriksen late in the match. Would have love to see Eriksen's reaction after being dropped to the bench.

Good to see our defence keeping the clean sheet for the second match in a row in the league. Sunderland were very poor but our defence did well. Was worried to see Dier back in defence as he tends to make too many errors. In fact, his mistake almost let Sunderland score but fortunately Walker made that superb goal-line clearance in the first half. Apart from that, don't think we were troubled by Sunderland too much.

It is great to see us win and move up to third in the league. Importantly, we are still unbeaten in 5 matches since the start of the season. This is our longest unbeaten start to a PL season since 2005 ! Hopefully we will go on a long winning and unbeaten run in the league !

Mate.... I suggest phoning: 116 123

Are you happy in real life or just as miserable as your posts, we were by far the better side and never looked in any danger of losing the game. Spurs fans amaze me at times we completely controlled the game and if we had won by a cricket score no one could have said we did not deserve it.

Our problem ( and has been for a while) is we are not putting away a lot/most of the chances ae create, i said in an thread last week then we need to be more clinical in our finishing ( we had 31 shots at goal)and its something we have to put right. I can only imagine that we somehow look different on the box then we do in real time because we totally dominated the game yesterday and apart from not finishing the chances we were fine.

This
Our biggest problem.....slow starts. We need to to be far more decisive from the get go!

We are very easy ozy ........lack of penetrative passing up to our attack. We are very attritional, yes im all for patients but we need to quicken up going forward.

Last edited:
Back