• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

No they didn't. The rules at the time were that to qualify for the champions league a team had to finish in the top four. Liverpool did not, but then they bitched and whined the way that only Liverpool can, and the FA lobbied EUFA into allowing a fifth team on a one off basis. After that debacle (where the FA were fudging weak and embarrassing) they changed the rules so that if a team wins the champions league and finishes outside the top four then they would take the fourth sport at the expense of the team finishing fourth in the league.

We all knew the rules at the start of the season, and I personally blame Liverpool for acting like such spoilt ****s at the time. The FA should have been stronger and said that Liverpool had not met the qualification criteria. This season, it is different so we don't have a leg to stand on.

Did we ? I personally wasnt sure until well into the play-offs. I really thought the rule was both teams would get in since Liverpool got in as well last time.. Even if we had known all season I cant imagine it would justify the rule.

On another topic though, I get that people say we should not pursue this as the team messed up a sure thing. But what would peoples perception of this be if Saudi Sportswashing Machine had gotten fourth ? Would people still be spouting out tough luck ?

I switched off the TV after Drogba's penalty went in and will never watch those mugs lifting the trophy. My only consolation so far.

My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Emirates Marketing Project are 28th. So, aren't Emirates Marketing Project the lowest-ranked club?

This is actually an excellent point. We know we wont pursue it, but the wording is open to misinterpretation. I'm sure if United or Liverpool were in our position, Uefa would run with it saying they meant lowest-ranked by coefficient, not League position, so that they could have one of the 'big boys' in it

Ditto. Walked out of the pub at that point and got lost in Irish rugby fans carnage which helped

Ended up watching at home that night since the wife was sick so all plans to go out with a couple of Bayern supporting pals collapsed. Which in hindsight saved me a lot of beer money and dsiappointment. So I just went upstairs, crawled in bed and died.

I dont raise to the bait.

I told them all at work, before the 1st leg v Barcelona, that Chelsea would win it. These all told me I was talking b#llocks, "they wont get past Barca, and even then, they wont beat Real, or Bayern in their back yard"

I switched off the TV after Drogba's penalty went in and will never watch those mugs lifting the trophy. My only consolation so far.

Same here. SSN gets instantly switched off whenever Chelsea appear, any article that comes into my RSS feed with the word Chelsea gets deleted immediately, haven't checked any general football websites and won't for another week. I've been hiding around here, because if there's one thing that misery likes it's company.

Well ive been surprised all the tinkle takers I work with are genuinely sorry that CFc won and that Spurs wont be in the CL next season..

I've been working all weekend so i had all the brick on the night! But as others have said I'm Spurs till I die and it's all just banter at the end of the day... We're used to this as Spurs fans by now surely?

This thread is awesome.

Let's go legal againt Fulop,Robben,Gomez and Schweinsteger.

Just puttin' this 'out there'... but I wonder whether each individual player's prize money for WINNING the Champions League was more, or less than Abramovitch would've been prepared to pay to some 'selected' individuals in order to make SURE he won the most coveted Club prize of all??

It just crossed my mind, I'm not saying anything DID happen... it's just speculative maths and straw clutching of the highest order...
But put it this way; you stand to win - for argument's sake - say 100Kfor winning the Cup... and some shady Russian offers you 250K not to win... what do you reckon? Maybe money DOES talk, maybe it doesn't... but fudge me Robben was bad!!

Have people not got anything else to worry about - Pick yourself up, Dust yourself down and we'll have another go next season.

Luckily not been in at work today. Over Sat night and Sunday pretty much all the abuse I got via txt/twitter/fb was from fudging Gooners. Bunch of complete and utter tossers, banging on about it nonstop. It's literally the highlight of their season.

I've reminded them of a few key facts which has shut them up quickly: they sound like West Ham fans, that it was Chelsea winning the CL on Sat and not their bricky little club (15 years in the CL, no wins, still less European trophies than the world famous Spurs), and that the fact they're all tossing over this nonstop and its the highlight of their season shows how far they have declined in the last 10 years.

They basically don't have a comeback apart from the meaningless "forever in shadow" crap. I don't like Chelsea at all, but if there's one thing this weekend has reminded me: I fudging HATE Woolwich 'kin Arsenal and all of its macaronic fanbase.

had a massive bet on chelsea then didn't watch it, follow it or check the score until it was over.

haven't watched SSN, any news, listened to the radio or read any paper and won't do so until at least wednesday when it might be safe to come out again.

Same here. SSN gets instantly switched off whenever Chelsea appear, any article that comes into my RSS feed with the word Chelsea gets deleted immediately, haven't checked any general football websites and won't for another week. I've been hiding around here, because if there's one thing that misery likes it's company.

i did that on saturday, as soon as they scored the winning penalty. Will not go on FB for a week. ah fcuk it even talking about it is bad. my floor manager is a Chelsea fan and I havent seen him yet, will just try to get through today and then talk tomorrow. Seen 2 West Ham fans, and one gooner. didnt get any stick really.

Im still out though at the moment, some massive signings will have to draw me back into even considering watching football again. fickle? na

As seen by thread posted at the weekend. I'm already on countdown to the start of next season.

12 weeks(11 to the WHL friendly) and 5 days...sorry guys

Same for me. I haven't yet seen any footage of the European Cup with their scummy hands on it.

I won't be checking Sky Sports or BBC Sport websites until the Euros begin.

This place is a godsend to lurk/post.

People I work with who support an array of clubs are more tinkled off that Chelsea won the CL, mainly because they played ugly to win and that their team is full of self indulgent arseholes like Drogba, Terry and Lampard. A Liverpool fan suggested to me that JJB are giving away next seasons Emirates Marketing Project shirt at half price when the plastics buy their next Chelsea shirt. On a personal note I have not watched Cheslea winning the CL and do not want to, they are purely a medium sized club who have been pimped up by Jewish money, which makes me laugh when you think what their macaronic supporters taunt Spurs with. Most people I know who claim to support Chelsea have never been near stamford bridge and would not have a clue who Kerry Dixon was, so its nothin to worry about for us Spurs fans, I am still out there, with the colours, we blew champions league ourselves, dont let plastics and pumped up rich clubs with no soul worry you, were better than that

Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread, but do Arsenil now have to go through the CL playoffs as Chelsea qualify as holders?

Back