• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

The players would laugh at your letter.

I probably would to. Felt therapeutic at the time. Still feel absolutely gutted. It's not that the CL is everything.
More that the money it would have given us meant we'd have at least a little chance of competing organically vs the rest of these money machines.
For every year we don't make it, it seems the only way you can do it is to get rich owners

Sad times

I must not bite

I must not bite

I must not bite

I need to keep repeating this to myself when I walk into work today

I'm just glad that Daily Mail article suggested Redknapp may be going to Chelsea.

That's the perfect comeback for anyone taking the tinkle - going forward we're in a far better position than them.

Also with Chelsea this is quite amusing too

70k people on CFC's victory parade for a CL win

100k people on Heart's victory parade for a Scottish FA Cup win

I couldn't give a fudge, honestly.

I work with a load of Leeds fans so their ammo is very weak!!

Liverpool fan - lol!! 8th place STFU!!

Gooner filth? Kiss goodbye to the rapist and you still have Wenger, so no hope of silverware next year, 8 years and counting.

Anything else, just laugh it off. Who gives a fudge, it's a fudging game FFS. Anyone who reckons it ain't is a mongy kunt who should grow a pair.

100% this.

This weekend could be the end of our recent success or just the right kick up the arse to make sure that we dont give away ten point leads etc in the future, the players must be hurting, just imagine the stick they are getting from fellow pros.

Also with Chelsea this is quite amusing too

70k people on CFC's victory parade for a CL win

100k people on Heart's victory parade for a Scottish FA Cup win

I was telling my kids last night, when we won the Cup in '81, there were 250,000 fans on the streets of Tottenham. Official police figures too.
I was there, in front of the town hall down near Seven Sisters.. It was absolutely mental.

I was telling my kids last night, when we won the Cup in '81, there were 250,000 fans on the streets of Tottenham. Official police figures too.
I was there, in front of the town hall down near Seven Sisters.. It was absolutely mental.

I was there in 61, they took an open top bus from Seven Sisters to Edmonton Town Hall, four deep on the pavements both sides of the road, the atmosphere was electric.

As a Spurs fan I'm already hardened to insults by years of underacheiving, bad luck, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (with the occasional silverware as light relief).

However, (following this devastating end to the season), should we ever be doing very well mid-season in the future, and better than our rivals, at least this might make some people think twice before going overboard about it. It just makes the humiliation and pain that much greater.

Last edited:
It's actually not been too bad for me. Only issue is a liverpool fan laughing and saying that they have had a better season than us. I said arguably because of your trophy yes you have, but you are still a bunch of ****s that support racism.

So far so good.

I blame redknapp, i hate the lack of positivity from him, then the next day he changes his mind. I blame him for not bringing on defoe against villa and bringing on the goal machine that is parker.[/QUOTE]

One of his biggest mistakes, i was at that game and Villa were there for the taking and Redknapp blew it.

how did he blow it.........i was there........we were down to 10 men after 5 mins in the 2nd half.........we scored and adebayo had at least one clear chance to win it.........harrys fault was it.........lets change the record for feck sake......

My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Emirates Marketing Project are 28th. So, aren't Emirates Marketing Project the lowest-ranked club?

Your second answer kind of contradicts your first though, because if the information in the second answer is accurate, then perhaps actually nobody did know the rules beforehand?!

My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Emirates Marketing Project are 28th. So, aren't Emirates Marketing Project the lowest-ranked club?

The other side says we were ranked fourth, City were ranked third.

Does it specify which rankings they use?

Back