• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

That surprised me. At first I thought Townsend was being lazy and not tracking, from the replay it did look like he was running but losing ground.

I thought he was quick, but that suggests not.

To add to this, the Liverpool player had been on for 60 minutes? And Townsend had fresh legs having only just arrived on the pitch.

In hindsight he should have made the tackle and conceded the yellow, but he probably thought he could catch him.

That wasn't apparent in the way the Liverpool player easily sped away from him to score the goal. Townsend looked like he was running at full pace and was losing ground.

Yeah saw that, Moreno did have the momentum but he gained a few yards on Townsend as well. Obviously not as quick as we thought.

That is fully apparent. But for one of our supposedly faster players to be absolutely left in his wake was a bit of a wake-up call.

Townsend is still quick, even for a winger. The fact there is a full back who happens to be faster than him doesn't change that....

Yea Townsend is still fast but if ever you watched Moreno on Spain you'll know how fast he is.
Townsend had good speed when dribbling the ball, although that's no real benefit of you keep making the wing decision.
For what it's worth I actually think Townsend is better as a left winger, as he tends to beat his man and cross with his left instead of always looking to cut in and get a shot off.

Up until yesterday I had some patience for Townsend, but now he looks (and plays) like a broken man - shown by the way Moreno stole the ball from him then out ran him (don't get me started on Kaboul backing off him and NOT A SINGLE PLAYER challenging him). If Townsend stays Poch will have to work some magic on him.

Up until yesterday I had some patience for Townsend, but now he looks (and plays) like a broken man - shown by the way Moreno stole the ball from him then out ran him (don't get me started on Kaboul backing off him and NOT A SINGLE PLAYER challenging him). If Townsend stays Poch will have to work some magic on him.

Yep. If we are keeping him it is back to reserves for a while and get his head right.

Looks like he has lost a yard or two of pace since the injury. That's his main weapon too.

A player who's long shots are so predictably wide that one of his teamates actually worked out how to divert them on target.
A truly "special" player.

Well just like KD is slated for hating Paulinho; I know you'll never change your mind on Andros.

Look he is no way near perfect and perhaps I am more lenient towards home-grown players (being a local lad myself) but I honestly see something positive in the lad. He is truely two footed, has a lot of desire and tries to do something to win the game AND he is young! We need to nurture that rather than dismiss it. If the fans make the same noise as the posters on here then it's not going to do his confidence a lot of good (and he seems a sensitive lad).

If we were playing against him; would you seriously not be worried (and I don't include smart-**** comments like "only if I was sitting in row Z").

He shoots waaaaaaayyy to often but at least he's in the game, you barely hear Lennon's name mentioned these days.

They really are polar opposites, one winger who wants to shoot on sight whilst the other is more interested in tracking back to help his full back... If only we had a pair of telepods to combine Andros and Aaron' attributes into one balanced winger...

His crossing for the most part was below par, as was his shooting, but Lennon was totally anonymous.

Still, he made a goal, hit the crossbar and put in several decent crosses. If Chadli had been at the far post instead of Lennon, there could well have been some end product.

Compare and contrast to Lennon, who once again did diddly squat .

I was ready for him to be sold. Just not enough end product. BUT hes a player that can make things happen. More so than Lennon or any of the midfielders tonight. So you can see why we persist. When/ if the end product clicks for him, he could be a decent player.

Back