• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I've had it with him.
Just so so frustrating.
I appreciate his dedication to wanting to do well here and going on loan so often, but his apparent inability to learn and exhibit top-level decision making on the pitch disqualifies him in my mind from deserving to retain a place in the squad.

Cringeworthy to watch at times.

I'd love to see him do well...but that was bad today. Very bad.

His best performances have come in an England shirt when he has space on a big wembley pitch, i find at Spurs the pitch is so tight he cant use his pace at all. He does also as some have you said become too one dimensional and always cuts inside when he should beat the defender and cross. Today, it was almost as though he wasnt mentally right to come on to give the ball away like that.

Personally we need better centre midfield players, a leader so id swap him for 10 million + 15 mill cash for Morgan Schneiderlin tomorrow.

Both Townsend and Lennon are useless to have around the way Poch wants to play. They can both do a job as out and out wingers if they play on their natural sides, but as inverted wingers they offer nothing. AVB tried it last season and it was equally pointless.

I really want him to succeed, and there's been some flashes of brilliance to make me think he's got something. He does certainly look like he wants it. But he's such a ****ing idiot on the pitch.

He does certainly look like he wants it. But he's such a ****ing idiot on the pitch.

Indeed. He seems to want to try to beat players for the sake of it. There was a moment towards the end of the game where i think he was taking on Moreno. He'd turned him so Moreno had his body position and weight set to defend the wing and Andros had the opportunity to cut inside into a load of space in front as he normally likes doing but then inexplicably he shifted the ball back to his right foot and tried to take on Moreno down the wing where he was just channeled out.

He seems to be able to take on and beat players but doesn't really seem to think about what it is he's trying to do. I think this is why so often he ends up going down blind alleys and his assist rate is subpar.

He was really poor today and it really highlighted the worst parts of his game. Perhaps he is a player MP can bring on, that was one of his main strengths in his previous jobs, improving young players and getting the best out of them.

There is clearly some talent there and he has good pace too which we lack right now.

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs 1m
The Independent claim Tottenham will offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in a £14 million deal for Jay Rodriguez.

First touch/involvement kind of summed it up for me to be honest.

Doesn't even really seem that fast also, Sterling today was fast but also has control of the ball which is relatively important in the game of football.

I cringe when non Spurs fans rave about Townsend cos he dun good fer ingerland...Andy Townsend reckons he's good so he must be the saviour of our nation.

I am a supporter of Townsend. But he was painful to watch today. Lost the ball way too easy for their 3rd, always wanted to come in side and they snuffed him out so easily. Could not seem to go on the outside and just get a cross in. He is two footed so i dont know why. 12m! take it!

I am a supporter of Townsend. But he was painful to watch today. Lost the ball way too easy for their 3rd, always wanted to come in side and they snuffed him out so easily. Could not seem to go on the outside and just get a cross in. He is two footed so i dont know why. 12m! take it!

I, like you, am a supporter of the guy and never really entertained selling him and have said so in the transfer forum threads but todays performance from him really ****ed me off so much so that id have taken him off and driven him to Southampton myself.

He was really poor today and it really highlighted the worst parts of his game. Perhaps he is a player MP can bring on, that was one of his main strengths in his previous jobs, improving young players and getting the best out of them.

There is clearly some talent there and he has good pace too which we lack right now.

That wasn't apparent in the way the Liverpool player easily sped away from him to score the goal. Townsend looked like he was running at full pace and was losing ground.

That wasn't apparent in the way the Liverpool player easily sped away from him to score the goal. Townsend looked like he was running at full pace and was losing ground.
That surprised me. At first I thought Townsend was being lazy and not tracking, from the replay it did look like he was running but losing ground.

I thought he was quick, but that suggests not.

Back