• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

That's an opinion rather than fact. There are plenty of people on here who though Lennon had a good game on Sunday.

Personally, I rate Lennon and think that he brings a lot to the team. I also hope that Townsend continues to develop, his improvement over the last 12 months has been remarkable and long may it continue.

I trust our manager to select a team to get a result with one eye on the longer term with integrating new and fringe players.

Are we somehow not allowed to express opinions? Twould be a very dull board if all we were allowed to state were facts.

To slavishly say the manager is right in all his decisions is equally fallacious and demonstrably untrue. He made many mistakes last season.

On this board, Lennon scored points between 5 and 7 point ratings against CP (average of just over 6).Townsend scored between 8.5 and 10 against Dinamo and was everybody's man of the match.Those are facts.

Last edited:
Are we somehow not allowed to express opinions? Twould be a very dull board if all we were allowed to stat were facts.

To slavishly say the manager is right in all his decisions is equally fallacious and demonstrably untrue. He made many mistakes last season.

Lennons scored points between 5-7 against CP average of just over 6. Townsend scored between 8.5 and 10. Those are facts.

Those are facts about opinions.

We have played just one league game and most of our attacks were down Lennon's flank. YOu are obviously suffer fron memory loss, possibly amnesia as you obviously cannot remember any of Lennon's outstanding performances of last season.

Please be so good as to name them.

AVB it seems doesn't really rate him that highly either given that he has been trying to upgrade him.

I was really disappointed with not only the results but more importantly the performances, which were so lacklustre and lacking in attacking positivity.

Thanks, but I was asking more about what we could read from them as regards to the upcoming season. What do you think pre-season results tell us about that?

Thanks, but I was asking more about what we could read from them as regards to the upcoming season. What do you think pre-season results tell us about that?

The last time we won all our pre season matches thrashing everybodyleft right and centre our two star men were Dos Santos and Bent. Eight games later guess how many points we had? Pre season does not mean ****e as long as you are getting your sharpness and fitness for the upcoming season.

The last time we won all our pre season matches thrashing everybodyleft right and centre our two star men were Dos Santos and Bent. Eight games later guess how many points we had? Pre season does not mean ****e as long as you are getting your sharpness and fitness for the upcoming season.

Guess what. A rubbish pre season does not necessarily mean a brilliant season, just as a fabulous pre season does not unquestionably lead to a disastrous season. I am still waiting for you to name Lennons MoM performances from last season.

Lennon vs Townsend poll on SC ....

Lennon 87 vote(s) 35.1%
Townsend 161 vote(s) 64.9%

Although before yesterday's game Lennon was winning 75 vs 65 or something similar :)

Guess what. A rubbish pre season does not necessarily mean a brilliant season, just as a fabulous pre season does not unquestionably lead to a disastrous season. I am still waiting for you to name Lennons MoM performances from last season.

Aahh.. missed that. You did answer the question and sort of negated your whole point about Lennon.

All I can tell you is that |I saw several very good performances from him, it is pointless naming them because you obviously saw them (assuming you watch Spurs live) and disagree with me.

I hope we get to see Townsend on the left wing sometime. I would love to see him express himself on that flank. I believe he is a too footed player but slightly better with his left. I do not think it should be a case of Lennon or Townsend because I honestly feel he would be effective on both flanks. Lennon is not great on the left

I note that you have selected Townsend ahead of Lennon in the OMT. So don't really know what you are arguing about!

Then there's either a problem with my ability to communicate my opinion or your ability to comprehend what I'm writing.

Either we should probably leave it at that and stop going around in circles.

I hope we get to see Townsend on the left wing sometime. I would love to see him express himself on that flank. I believe he is a too footed player but slightly better with his left. I do not think it should be a case of Lennon or Townsend because I honestly feel he would be effective on both flanks. Lennon is not great on the left

One of Townsend's strengths for sure and something that should help him get more time on the pitch this season. Being able to cover both attacking positions gives us a lot more options too.

As I just posted in another thread.. How about Townsend behind Soldado instead of Sig.. It worked with Bale..

Back