• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

He won a penalty at the weekend and caused problems for the left back.

Did you want a hattrick and four assists?

Our managers certainly cannot know more than we do eh?

Look, delighted for the lad that he had a blinder, and yes, delighted he cut Charlton apart, but let's see what happens next...he has given AVB a wonderful puzzler to work out and probably played himself into the squad for the forseeable future, but let's not heap absurd amounts of pressure on the bloke shall we? At the risk of being one your 'sages' i would suggest that doing it against Charlton and Tiblisi has earned him the right to see if he can do it week in week out in the toughest league in the world whilst playing with some fantastic players. Here's to hoping he can!

:-k

Perhaps we should send him out on loan for a tenth time then, eh?

Jeez!

He won a penalty at the weekend and caused problems for the left back.

Did you want a hattrick and four assists?

I have to concede he did something last weekend. Why did you not start a new thread with "LENNON IS BACK" or something?

He threw the ball in the box, as usually it was going nowhere, it hit the guy on the arm, we got a pen. Please start Townsend. If we want to finish above Arsenal, we need quality.

Great performance from Townsend

I am not going to go mental over it but he does still deserve credit for that performance

He has the talent, hope he can kick on because if that was WIlliams first game we would all be going "wow he is worth 30m"

I agree.

Lennon was still one of our best and caused problems against Crystal Palace, sure Townsend was great against Tibilsi but Lennon hasn't really done anything to get dropped. Townsend has just given AVB a headache on who to pick. I think starting him agaisnt Arsenal though could be a real good idea, really does give them something different to think about.

I don't agree. Play Townsend against Swansea to see what he can do against top opposition and play Lennon against Dinamo to see if he can have the same impact as Townsend against limited opposition. Then we get a fairer comparison of their relative merits.

I have to concede he did something last weekend. Why did you not start a new thread with "LENNON IS BACK" or something?

He threw the ball in the box, as usually it was going nowhere, it hit the guy on the arm, we got a pen. Please start Townsend. If we want to finish above Arsenal, we need quality.

what do you mean by "lennon is back", where did he go? I suppose we just had pre-season but then again everyone was back.

:lol: you're posts are brilliant, I believe i've told you that before, never change, you bring pure laughs and entertainment.

I don't agree. Play Townsend against Swansea to see what he can do against top opposition and play Lennon against Dinamo to see if he can have the same impact as Townsend against limited opposition. Then we get a fairer comparison of their relative merits.

like I said, Lennon done well against Palace and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Townsend was brilliant against Tibilsi so he atleast deserves to be on the bench against Swansea (as he wasnt even on the bench against Palace). He deserves to come off the bench too and see what he can do, give him half an hour and show us why he DESERVES a start in the Premier League which is a different kettle of fish.

what do you mean by "lennon is back", where did he go? I suppose we just had pre-season but then again everyone was back.

:lol: you're posts are brilliant, I believe i've told you that before, never change, you bring pure laughs and entertainment.

Back on form. Just wait a couple of weeks. One thread will pop up after he has a goal or an assist. Ive seen it for the last 5 seasons.

Id rather you laughed at the end of the season, when we are in the CL and above Arsenal. You laugh all season when I tell you that some of the players are not good enough though.

Back on form. Just wait a couple of weeks. One thread will pop up after he has a goal or an assist. Ive seen it for the last 5 seasons.

Id rather you laughed at the end of the season, when we are in the CL and above Arsenal. You laugh all season when I tell you that some of the players are not good enough though.

he got an assist and no thread popped up so once again you're wrong.

i'm laughing everytime you post so that'll do me.

like I said, Lennon done well against Palace and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Townsend was brilliant against Tibilsi so he atleast deserves to be on the bench against Swansea (as he wasnt even on the bench against Palace). He deserves to come off the bench too and see what he can do, give him half an hour and show us why he DESERVES a start in the Premier League which is a different kettle of fish.

Lennon did NOT do well against Palace. Look at the consensus scores for him. He got into great positions a few times - and as per usual failed to deliver the final ball. His performances last season were distinctly underwhelming. We need an upgrade desperately. I have felt for a long time he would be best as an impact sub against tiring opposition.

Lennon did NOT do well against Palace. Look at the consensus scores for him. He got into great positions a few times - and as per usual failed to deliver the final ball. His performances last season were distinctly underwhelming. We need an upgrade desperately. I have felt for a long time he would be best as an impact sub against tiring opposition.

okay then.

Lasts seasons 'back on form' regarding Lennon was the most embarrassing thing i've read on here tbh. It was around the time where he scored vs Sunderland and had a run of 3 good games where people were bigging AVB up left right and centre for Lennon showing 'the best form of his career'. It's as if people totally ignored he was averaging extremely low rating on here and putting in **** performances before that.

Well second to your fake Soldado itk but still..you get the point.

we signed Soldado so that's invalid.

You clearly haven't been here a long time if you think things that happened within the past 8 months have been the most embarassing things you've read on this forum :ross:

Look, I am not as misguided as thinking Townsend is the next Bale. However, I do strongly feel that he deserves his chance for a run in the team. Lennon has flattered to deceive on too many occasions. Time to assess an alternative.

How long has it been (if ever) since Lennon influenced a game like Townsend did yesterday?

There's a big difference between this and what you said earlier.

AVB will take a lot of things into consideration when picking the starting 11 against Swansea. Townsend did really well and will have increased his chances of starting.

There's a big difference between this and what you said earlier.

AVB will take a lot of things into consideration when picking the starting 11 against Swansea. Townsend did really well and will have increased his chances of starting.

This thread should just end with the bolded part. It's spot on. Great headache for AVB to have.

Back