• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

You don't think there's a chance that there are things AVB will take into consideration that you haven't thought of that can rationally sway his decision?

Great point.

Perhaps Walker and Townsend don't gel like Naughton and Townsend.

Swansea have a couple of decent wide players too and we need players aware of their defensive duties. Can Andros track back? He did not have much of that to do against a very defensive side (LOL) last night.

I like Lennon but Townsend looks a much stronger goal threat. I'd be happy with just one of Lamela and Willian and then Sig, Townsend, Lennon can battle for a place. They deserve that at the very least.

You don't think there's a chance that there are things AVB will take into consideration that you haven't thought of that can rationally sway his decision?

We are at home. We are playing a side we should beat if we are to be realistic top four contenders. Townsend offers a goal threat that Lennon simply doesn't. In all games this season, including pre-season, Lennon has not offered much. We can't expect Saldado to do everything. Without Bale we need all the firepower we can muster. Lennon just ain't cutting it.

We are at home. We are playing a side we should beat if we are to be realistic top four contenders. Townsend offers a goal threat that Lennon simply doesn't. In all games this season, including pre-season, Lennon has not offered much. We can't expect Saldado to do everything. Without Bale we need all the firepower we can muster. Lennon just ain't cutting it.

So.... That's a no to my question? Really?

So.... That's a no to my question? Really?

An absolute no. They are players competing for the same position. One is coming off a tremendous performance, the other is not only injured ( or coming back from an injury) but has done nothing in any of the games this season to warrant a place in the side ahead of Townsend. Absolutely nothing, nul, nien, nada. There can be no clearer choice.

An absolute no. They are players competing for the same position. One is coming off a tremendous performance, the other is not only injured ( or coming back from an injury) but has done nothing in any of the games this season to warrant a place in the side ahead of Townsend. Absolutely nothing, nul, nien, nada. There can be no clearer choice.

That's an opinion rather than fact. There are plenty of people on here who though Lennon had a good game on Sunday.

Personally, I rate Lennon and think that he brings a lot to the team. I also hope that Townsend continues to develop, his improvement over the last 12 months has been remarkable and long may it continue.

I trust our manager to select a team to get a result with one eye on the longer term with integrating new and fringe players.

I think I'd like Townsend to start as well, Lennon after looking like he'd properly made a step up last season then went back to having a run of average games then being injured for a bit etc etc

Lennon needs a kick up the backside and Townsend needs to know that good performances will be rewarded

Edit: I should add that I was a fairly public doubter in Townsend's ability at one point, seemed a bit of a headless chicken at times but it seems like the loan spells he has had have been good for him, looks a much more mature player whenever I see him now.

I think I'd like Townsend to start as well, Lennon after looking like he'd properly made a step up last season then went back to having a run of average games then being injured for a bit etc etc

Lennon needs a kick up the backside and Townsend needs to know that good performances will be rewarded

Edit: I should add that I was a fairly public doubter in Townsend's ability at one point, seemed a bit of a headless chicken at times but it seems like the loan spells he has had have been good for him, looks a much more mature player whenever I see him now.

This.

I note that you have selected Townsend ahead of Lennon in the OMT. So don't really know what you are arguing about!

You are talking about pre-season and one single competitive fixture in which he was responsible for our only goal, right?

We have played just one league game and most of our attacks were down Lennon's flank. YOu are obviously suffer fron memory loss, possibly amnesia as you obviously cannot remember any of Lennon's outstanding performances of last season.

That's an opinion rather than fact. There are plenty of people on here who though Lennon had a good game on Sunday.

Personally, I rate Lennon and think that he brings a lot to the team. I also hope that Townsend continues to develop, his improvement over the last 12 months has been remarkable and long may it continue.

I trust our manager to select a team to get a result with one eye on the longer term with integrating new and fringe players.

=D>

You are talking about pre-season and one single competitive fixture in which he was responsible for our only goal, right?

Yes. In several pre season games and against Palace, Lennon's sum total is one assist. Compare and contrast to Townsend. In far fewer minutes, he has scored three and has at least two assists.

Yes. In several pre season games and against Palace, Lennon's sum total is one assist. Compare and contrast to Townsend. In far fewer minutes, he has scored three and has at least two assists.

I thought pre-season did not matter to you?

Back