• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

Feels far too soon.

After Mourinho a CL winner with multiple teams and massive amounts of experience i do not think the Real fans would accept AVB a manager who is still relatively inexperienced.

Got to hand it to Barca really. They train their own footballers and their managers.

Feels far too soon.

After Mourinho a CL winner with multiple teams and massive amounts of experience i do not think the Real fans would accept AVB a manager who is still relatively inexperienced.

Got to hand it to Barca really. They train their own footballers and their managers.
Madrid won't want him until he's won at least one more major trophy .... WITH US !!!!

I'm sure AVB is down the bottom of that list. Just can't see it happening.

Real aren't going to go for AVB. We have very little to worry about for the next season or two imo, unless he does something ridiculous this season like finish 2nd and win the EL.

Could see a Mourinho/Ancelotti swap perhaps, or Laudrup. AVB won't be at the top of that list.

I'd be more worried about AVB actually doing his job here right now, right here than him sodding off to Madrid.

We have this terrible habit of coasting in and out of games and keep easing off the gas and trying to go through the motions and it usually (practically always) ends up backfiring on us and ending up with us on the back foot. Last night was a prime example.

We have the lead, we have the initiative but instead of playing at a tempo we seem to shift around in auto-pilot until we're one down and suddenly have to score only this time with the added caveat that the team we are attacking will be sitting behind ten men like their lives depend on it.

AVB has done alright given the fact we sold our most creative players and we only have one out and out striker but we are becoming a bit bland and predictable to watch over the last four or five games.

Not the remotest chance that Real Madrid would be interested in appointing AVB as their manager / head coach until he has achieved considerably more in the game. He isn't close to being ready for such a political club where the egos on show make even Chelsea's pale into insignificance. And the people at Madrid will know that perfectly well.

Daily Star talking gonad*s.

This rumour came around a few months back, and I can't see it happening for a number of reasons.

1. AVB likes talking about "projects" a lot. Here, at Chelsea...he's a patient, long term kinda guy, and Real ain't a patient long term kinda club. If he thought Chelsea were ruthless when it came to sacking him then he's in for a big surprise if he walks in through the doors at the Bernabeau.

2. Real are about glamour signings. AVB hasn't won anything in any of Europe's top 5 leagues, nor has he managed a singel Champions League game. He is nowhere near high profile enough to follow arguably the most high profile manager in the world and I think their fans would be quite underwhelmed with the appointment.

I'd be more worried about AVB actually doing his job here right now, right here than him sodding off to Madrid.

We have this terrible habit of coasting in and out of games and keep easing off the gas and trying to go through the motions and it usually (practically always) ends up backfiring on us and ending up with us on the back foot. Last night was a prime example.

We have the lead, we have the initiative but instead of playing at a tempo we seem to shift around in auto-pilot until we're one down and suddenly have to score only this time with the added caveat that the team we are attacking will be sitting behind ten men like their lives depend on it.

AVB has done alright given the fact we sold our most creative players and we only have one out and out striker but we are becoming a bit bland and predictable to watch over the last four or five games.

There's a whiff of a WUM in that comment.

I'm more worried about them taking Bale at the moment. Can't see AVB being prefered ahead of managers like Wenger, Ancelotti or Klopp to name a few.

AVB knows he can go there win the league and still get the sack, I cannot imagine AVB would be that stupid. He has started a project here and he is not going to walk out and join Madrid.

Daily Star as the source...

Nothing to see here, move along

Sorry Mark but you quote The Sun each time there is a story on immigration or the like, what makes this a less reliable source?

Of course RM will keep an eye on AVBs doings at Spurs but I doubt they will be looking at him now. Someone on Talkbrick mentioned Wenger if he became available - not likely considering the freehand he has at Arsenal and what Real would give him. The likely candidates would be the chap at Dortmund and perhaps Ancelotti.

Swansea's Laudrup will also be on the future radar - particularly seeing has he played for RM.

AVB knows he can go there win the league and still get the sack, I cannot imagine AVB would be that stupid. He has started a project here and he is not going to walk out and join Madrid.

Porto/Academica thought the same when Chelsea/Porto came calling.

In fact AVB has never done longer than a season in a job so far. He did 7 months at Academica, 12 at Porto, and 6 at Chelsea.

I don't think he'll go to Madrid yet, but he will leave us for a bigger club in the next 2 or 3 years.

Porto/Academica thought the same when Chelsea/Porto came calling.

In fact AVB has never done longer than a season in a job so far. He did 7 months at Academica, 12 at Porto, and 6 at Chelsea.

I don't think he'll go to Madrid yet, but he will leave us for a bigger club in the next 2 or 3 years.

Considering his ages he should aim to stay here for 5 years or more. A lot of that depends on levy of course, he has a longer window of opportunity then a player and cam spend 10 years with us and still only be 45 and have 20 years left in the game.

Moyes is one that is looking to move on and i think will leave everton this year, he has gone as far as he can after 10 years there. AVB has time on his side he should stay put.

Back