• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

I'll pm you about the location and time is it that important , I thought the content of my convo was more important . You could be a journalist etc

Please feel free to PM me. I could be a journo (I'm not), same as you could be on a wind up, given the level of detail you have posted. If I was a journo, I'd be more interested in your original content, rather than where TS takes his holidays..

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/8129551/Johnny-Nic-s-great-column

F365 have been superb in their analysis and have seen what the media have been doing, the Media Watch feature on the site is super and very funny!

That thread's got me rather upset. The content's great, but the comments have me agreeing with both an Arsenal and a Chelsea fan which just feels wrong :~

jonnywishbone2 (Arsenal) says... said:
"You'd think it'd be hard not to like Andre Villas-Boas. Here's a successful, multilingual man who is charming, bright-eyed and intelligent..." Because of course, being multilingual and clever is a free pass to popularity in this country? Anti-intellectualism, as with many ills in football, is a societal problem merely reflected by our national game. In how many countries besides Britain could the refrain "I don't do maths" be met with a giggle and a shrug, as opposed to merciless ridicule? (Imagine saying to a work colleage "I don't do reading and writing"). A wonderful example of this was 'Arry's own admission in court to being unable to read OR count. Another example, mentioned by JN is the "borderline Asperger's" comment. This is partially born from the popular notion that those on the autistic spectrum are all savants; the kind of unimaginably gifted but socially retarded people brought to life in Rainman by Dustin Hoffman, when the reality is that most people on the spectrum have average IQ's. Quite a few have significant learning disabilities. However it's become vaguely vashionable to label intelligent, verbose but slightly nerdy and "different" characters, who are otherwise perfectly normal with no mental health diagnoses, as "autistic" or "a bit Asperger's". Because of course, in a country that revels in; nay practically celebrates stupidity, you'd have to be mental to be clever

tk421 says... said:
Even as a Chelsea fan, I hope AVB wins a trophy or two and qualifies for the CL (at the cost of Manchester United's place) just to shut the Redknapp-loving press up. Frankly I don't know why anyone takes any notice of the paper press: The news is already out of date and the opinions are irrelevant. At the end of the day, "Fleet Street's finest" are just reactionary men sh*t-scarred of their own redundancy who have grown fat and lazy through years of corporate hospitality and a lack of serious competition. When they cry and wail over AVB, they're not just doing it for their friend Redknapp: It's them grasping at old straws, attempting to cling on to the last remnants of a world responsible for the expansion their wallets and bellies. More and more they resemble an impotent 60 year old half-cut in the 19th hole, sitting with his borderline-racist friends complaining about the women members slow play. They wonderful thing about an ever changing world is that those who were pointless anyway gradually appear increasingly irrelevant

Has anyone listened to Durham on Talksport since we won at OT? I just want to know if he's still running with his 'AVB hasn't got a clue' thing and general anti agenda. Mainly because I'm interested in how he would justify it.

Has anyone listened to Durham on Talksport since we won at OT? I just want to know if he's still running with his 'AVB hasn't got a clue' thing and general anti agenda. Mainly because I'm interested in how he would justify it.

He was taking the tinkle at our 'small time' reaction yesterday.

I would like to slowly torture him, the violent fantasies are quite disturbing!!!

Paid wum, nothing more - ignore

Did AVB win Manager of the Month for September? He did accumulate more points than any other manager afterall.

F365 have been superb in their analysis and have seen what the media have been doing, the Media Watch feature on the site is super and very funny!

Excellent piece.

Never listen to Talkbrick, far better things to do.

Said our fans and AVB got carried away with the win. What did you expect from him?

Adrian Durham is hilarious. Even his latest 'AVB- has he got a clue?' weekly rant after a while is also funny. He'd be able to argue that the world is flat he's that argumentative.
Not to be taken seriously.

In fact, for his 'The Daily Arsenal' alone he should applauded. He might dislike us/AVB/like to wind us up, but whatever it is it pales to his winding up of Arsenal

Adrian Durham airs divisive opinions that he is paid to have. Shock horror. If he didn't mouth off and annoy people, why would anyone text or phone in on the premium rate lines.

He is a vehicle for that station to make money. He'd slag his wife and kids off if the producers told him to

Adrian Durham airs divisive opinions that he is paid to have. Shock horror. If he didn't mouth off and annoy people, why would anyone text or phone in on the premium rate lines.

He is a vehicle for that station to make money. He'd slag his wife and kids off if the producers told him to

Exactly

Not for me. All facts to back it up. And we'd need another 100 articles in the press to even things out!!

Some of the language and retoric is way ott in my opinion though factually there's probably not too much wrong with the piece. But as you say it only serves to balance out some of the ott negative bollox on AVB that has been written of late.

Bit OTT, we had a rubbish 9 game run rather than a rubbish 2nd half of the season. I don't see this need to stick the boot into Redknapp to big up AVB. Redknapp did a great job and hopefully AVB can take it on but it is a big ask with relatively limited resources compared to our competitors.

19th in the form table after Christmas until the end of the season. Yep I'd say that Harry deserved it. The media are now slowly coming around.

Back