• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Darren Lewis has been even handed, he's about the only one!!!

To argue the press haven't been all over AVB from day one is revisionist flimflam of the highest order!

Darren Lewis has been even handed, he's about the only one!!!

To argue the press haven't been all over AVB from day one is revisionist flimflam of the highest order!

Agreed. Lewis makes some good points there and is trying to be as fair as possible but he still glosses over too easily that Jiggins' article. Yes, it wasn't that particular 'good, honest journalist' that got slapped down at the press conference but he still wrote that article for the morning before our match at OT and went on to get completely embarrassed. The agenda was plain. That can't be glossed over.

I don't mind Lewis, he has his opinions and doesn't seem to have an agenda. Shouldn't gloss over the utter tripe that has most certainly been written though.

Let's be honest there is no stories if we are playing well and there is no drama within the club, so just by the nature of their jobs they are looking for trouble and literally feed themselves off of it. Let's just hope they move on to Liverpool or QPR (which seems most have) where they well and truly are in the brick

Agreed. Lewis makes some good points there and is trying to be as fair as possible but he still glosses over too easily that Jiggins' article. Yes, it wasn't that particular 'good, honest journalist' that got slapped down at the press conference but he still wrote that article for the morning before our match at OT and went on to get completely embarrassed. The agenda was plain. That can't be glossed over.

I don't mind Lewis, he has his opinions and doesn't seem to have an agenda. Shouldn't gloss over the utter tripe that has most certainly been written though.

His defence of Paul Jiggins is cronyism of the highest order. It's actually pathetic. Jiggins got it wrong wherever he got the news!

I don't like Lewis any more than any of them. He's sneaky. Long may the revisionism and u-turns continue. Slags the lot of 'em.

They'll manage to spin things to look like they were right to ask questions, maybe some backhanded compliments to AVB for learning his lessons.

On reading that it did seem that Darren Lewis was trying to defend his profession more than anything.

Guess what, we get it, everyone gets it Darren. No one wants to hear what any of them have to say anymore, people are waking up to your macaronic flimflam, the constant negativity that bringing everyone down, the WUM that you all are. People have had enough of your spiteful brick.

Just turn your newspapers into daily z celeb life flimflam, because I truly believe this country would be better off without the likes of that fat qunt Paul Jiggins being given the light of day to express his flimflam.

To defend him is IMO supporting what he writes.

On reading that it did seem that Darren Lewis was trying to defend his profession more than anything.

Guess what, we get it, everyone gets it Darren. No one wants to hear what any of them have to say anymore, people are waking up to your macaronic flimflam, the constant negativity that bringing everyone down, the WUM that you all are. People have had enough of your spiteful brick.

Just turn your newspapers into daily z celeb life flimflam, because I truly believe this country would be better off without the likes of that fat qunt Paul Jiggins being given the light of day to express his flimflam.

To defend him is IMO supporting what he writes.

Pretty much sums the gutter press and their writers spot on.

I'm really warming to this guy, don't care what flimflam the press or radio make up.

I don't know what other motivation there could be for Jiggins to right his piece of made up crap other than to carry on an agenda against AVB, Darren Lewis says it's in the press' best interests for Spurs to do well, so why would Jiggins write this piece on the back of a 5 game unbeaten streak (before Utd win)?

darren lewis is profiting from his fellow reporter's demise.
the trick here is that he is talking about ALL journalists, whilst the fans are just singling out a a Mr Jiggins.
The same way that Mr Jiggins has singled-out AVB.

its even possible that darren lewis is not defending his professional, but HIMSELF. who is he to speak on behalf of ALL the reporters, especially the well respected ones?

From the interview with Sandro:

Confidence is understandable as we meet just three days after Tottenham's famous win at Manchester United. This was a game in which Spurs seemed to shed their former selves, playing with a bravery not all sides of theirs have shown at Old Trafford. It was a new assurance which Sandro revels in, and which he put down to the manager, Andre Villas-Boas.

"Before the game we had spoken a lot about this, about how a lot of teams go to Old Trafford and the moment overcomes them and they are overwhelmed. But the instruction, particularly from the manager, was: 'Go out there and play your normal game. It's a game of football.'

"There was a lot of talk in the build-up about the history of this fixture, how it had been so many years since Tottenham won. But we all went out on to the pitch with this in our minds: 'seize the moment, play the game, win the game, nothing to fear'."

Sandro is obviously enjoying the Villas-Boas era, and believes he is taking Spurs forward. "It is clear tactically that our manager is one of the best. We all knew that from his history before he joined the club and what he has achieved and every day we are learning tactically, as you can see from the recent performances. Especially we are very well prepared for every match.

"It helps all the players a great deal that the manager speaks perfect English, perfect Spanish, Portuguese, French, and so everybody understands very clearly the message. Personally, it is a big help that the manager speaks to me in Portuguese. When I first joined the club, I didn't speak any English and it was difficult to fully understand, even with the help of people translating for me, exactly what the messages were at times. It was frustrating.

"The big difference now is especially during a game, if there is a 30-second break, I can go over to the substitutes' bench to get a direct message from the manager, if he wants me to do something differently or pass on a message to one of the other players, I can now understand and react in the moment.

"I've got a good relationship with him, I'm very much enjoying working with him. He is one of the best out there, not just for me but for all of the team. And it helps that if there is something that is not going right we can approach him, or he can come and speak to us.

also from that Sandro interview.............

"It helps all the players a great deal that the manager speaks perfect English, perfect Spanish, Portuguese, French, and so everybody understands very clearly the message. Personally, it is a big help that the manager speaks to me in Portuguese."

:eek: wow

also from that Sandro interview.............

"It helps all the players a great deal that the manager speaks perfect English, perfect Spanish, Portuguese, French, and so everybody understands very clearly the message. Personally, it is a big help that the manager speaks to me in Portuguese."

:eek: wow

And Italian (he answered Italian journalists' questions in Italian at the Lazio match).

Back