• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Dont agree with the highloighted bit; i think that QPR certainly came to play today, as did Norwich last time out at home. Teams know that the best way to play us is to come at us and put us under pressure. Reading tried sitting in and conceding room and it didn't work at all. We hammered them. We've struggled against teams (average ones) who have come out and taken us on.

I understand what your saying, QPR & Norwich most certainly did threaten us. But if a team really comes at us, then it creates gaps behind them when we have the ball. In the first half against QPR in particular we did not see that at all, Defoe, Dempsey & Siggy barely got a sniff. For me this was because all 3 were fairly central and QPR had plenty of players back to close them down and give them no space.

The only other explanation for the lack of space in the final 3rd is poor movement from all 3 players.

UnderAVB-300x225.jpg

Didn't know there is already a AVB fan club.:lol:

Attachments

• UnderAVB-300x225.jpg
    UnderAVB-300x225.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 9
Not happy about the suit. Looks like some pretentious wannabe rocker trying to cover up the fact he only knows three chords and writes brick songs. *cough* The Hives *cough*

To be fair to AVB, he did make a mistake starting bale at left back, but, unlike redknapp, he didnt wait until the 75th minute to ammend his mistake, he did it at the beginning of the second half

whatever we lack in the middle of the park...the metronome...maybe that's why he made Moutinho the primary transfer target.

To be fair to AVB, he did make a mistake starting bale at left back, but, unlike redknapp, he didnt wait until the 75th minute to ammend his mistake, he did it at the beginning of the second half

I was very impressed with our new manager against QPR. The willingness to fix a tactical mistake early is - weirdly enough - not something that a lot of managers seem to possess. But all the really successful ones do. Still don't think him or the team have properly hit their stride yet, but all the signs are there that it will happen sooner rather than later (albeit probably not at Old Trafford).

Exactly. The most annoying thing about Redknapp is he would always wait until the 70-80th min to make substitutions even when we are a goal or two down. The only time Reknapp would replace a player early is when he is injured. So, due credit for AVB for admitting his mistake and making the substitutions early.

That suit is a class cut, top of the fold - for that alone I give him 8/10

Wait till winter sets in. If I see that grey overcoat, I'm going to give someone an injury of some sort. Sort it out, Andre. 8/10 for the suits, 8/10 for the hair, hell, even 8/10 for the distintly metrosexual blue bracelet thing you wore at Reading...but get a decent coat, man.

article-2209007-1538E1FF000005DC-683_634x451.jpg

Poor AVB. The media seems to be following his every movements. There are many photos of him against Carlisle alone.

Back