• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Passion

A3f9VvVCEAAtJSN.jpg

Ok, he has passion and he turned us around but I'm yet to be convinced. We looked shockingly bad in the first half against QPR today.

Ok, so he gets some marks for that, I don't dispute that but to get it so, so badly wrong in the first half must ask more questions than were answered by the performance in the second half?

Sorry i mean home games...3 home games.

Under Ramos we didn't win any of our last 8 home Prem games and looked awful in all of them. The draws with Boro, Bolton and defeat to Liverpool at the end of the
2007/8 season were probably worse that the home games at the start of the following season.

Sorry i mean home games...3 home games.

I didn't think we were that bad against WBA. We were easily the better side.

Today we had a very poor first half, but a much better second half. We ended up having more shots and more possession than QPR and two good penalty appeals turned down.

Being better than these sides at home isn't a goal in itself of course, but I disagree that we've been terrible.

Oh we always do this - every game is the most important game we've had in years, or the best football ive ever seen in my liftime, or the worst football in years and years

We were very good for 60 mins against West Brom, Norwich was poor but we didn't get battered and today we had a bad first half and then turned it around. Norwhich last year, City last year were worse. All these Harry fans can remember how bad we were in 2012 yeah? And the same the second of 2010-2011 season!?!?!

Oh we always do this - every game is the most important game we've had in years, or the best football ive ever seen in my liftime, or the worst football in years and years

We were very good for 60 mins against West Brom, Norwich was poor but we didn't get battered and today we had a bad first half and then turned it around. Norwhich last year, City last year were worse. All these Harry fans can remember how bad we were in 2012 yeah? And the same the second of 2010-2011 season!?!?!

This isnt about Harry v AVB... I am a Harry fan but any scrutiny and assessment is based on performance of that game. You think that against WBA it was fine for 60 min? I think it was brick. Norwich wasnt poor - it was utter garbage.

We all have different expectations and that is the barometer by which we all assess against. In the grand scheme of things we are not that far off compared to last seasons points after five games albeit the performances havent been good.

Still very early doors, please give the guy a chance.

Hes come in with his new strategies and methods, & the players seem to like him & his tactics a lot since they praise him. Once all the players are settled with their position and tactics, I'm sure we will be flying.

If we're 3/4 through the season & we're sitting in 12th then by all means slag him off, however we're not, so be patient.

But you have to realise that if he isn't the one to be in charge, that if we keep him in charge too long and we decline as a club then by the time we decide to move him on it will be too late. I don't think the time is right yet but he better get some improvement out of our players soon, get us regularly playing at a top level or his time will run out. And I'm not jumping at him, just stating the fact that I'm really not impressed yet and that he does need to step it up if we are to be successful with him at the helm.

Some people have short memories, we looked awful under Harry against a lot of lower league opp at home. A fair few 0-0 draws and 1-0 losses, and indeed some we still managed to win (e.g. 1-0 v WBA last season).

Of course Man U and Chelsea always look sensational against lesser opposition.

You know what, I've been in a new job for a month and I get flak if I make mistakes and yet, according to some on here AVB should be under no criticism as it's early days? If I get flak for my mistakes in my job and it's lower profile, why should AVB get away with mistakes that affect me and other Spurs' fans? I don't say sack him now but come on, we can't pretend it's all candy floss and sweeties, there are some bitter moments and it's how he deals with these over time which will dictate how successful he will be as our manager and how long his tenure is.

Back