• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB The Facts

So it transpires now that we were in for Moutinho but didn't have time due to legal issues. Then we're definitely a man (talent) short considering he was going to be our maquee signing. Moutinho for Jan then.

Think we've missed the boat now.

Fergie will sign him if he has any sense. They need a creative midfielder

I'm not really surprised about what happened against Norwich. Van der Vaart was our main creative outlet against WBA (didn't see the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game) so it's hardly a surprise we struggled like we did. That's not to say things will eventually get better but a slow start was to be expected, considering the way we conduct our business during transfer windows.

What bothers me more is the fact that we have already conceded three goals in the last ten minutes and that they have cost us 5 points. A couple of decades ago, that would indicate a strong emphasis on stamina during preseason but I thought Magath was the last manager to work that way.

I've always thought fitness was the main reason why teams score/concede late goals. Which is worrying because you would think a manager like AVB would take fitness very seriously. It's also winning mentality hence why United get so many late goals. It's also worrying because under Redknapp, we had started to score late goals and win games late on, something we didn't do much previously, and concede fewer late ones. Hopefully it's a blip and we haven't reverted to type.

For what its worth people can quote me I think AVB will be sacked before Xmas.

I didnt want him at Spurs (I wanted Rodgers) I didnt see anything while he was in charge of Chelsea to make me think this is guy is the real deal. But Chelsea are a unique club anyway no manger gets a chance there.

I admit I dont watch portuguese football so i didnt see much of Porto under AVB. But even the Uefa cup victory when you look at the teams they played, Beşiktaş, Rapid Wien, Bulgaria CSKA Sofia, Sevilla, CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal and Braga in the final its nothing to shout about.

Im not on his back, I just dont think he's a good manager, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

That remains to be seen. It was never going to be a quick transition with a total change in playing style, and the loss of three very important players. Chelsea were still in 5th when he got sacked, don't forget.

For what its worth people can quote me I think AVB will be sacked before Xmas.

I didnt want him at Spurs (I wanted Rodgers) I didnt see anything while he was in charge of Chelsea to make me think this is guy is the real deal. But Chelsea are a unique club anyway no manger gets a chance there.

I admit I dont watch portuguese football so i didnt see much of Porto under AVB. But even the Uefa cup victory when you look at the teams they played, Beşiktaş, Rapid Wien, Bulgaria CSKA Sofia, Sevilla, CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal and Braga in the final its nothing to shout about.

Im not on his back, I just dont think he's a good manager, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

I wanted Martinez over Rodgers. I like Rodgers but he will fail at Liverscum.

I hope AVB is successful I really do. Would be great for us and i think he would be loyal too for us sticking by him and giving him a job when not many will have given him one - in England especially.

I assume you've got a lot of money on it.

To be that sure about something, you're going to make a fortune.

How many irrelevant comments are you going to make ?

Pretty much everyone who puts their opinion across on this subject is getting sarcy off topic responses from you. To think some people get annoyed at my style of posting, at least im making football related points when winding people up.

Let people have their say. If you want to counter it, try putting an alternative view (so far all im seeing is you say its silly and wrong - tell us why).

I really want AVB to succeed. He even makes me a bit sad.

Is he not trying to show big players that is he the boss?

Adebayor on bench twice in row
Sandro subbed
Dembele arrives, straight away on bench
LLoris arrives, N°2

It aint working so far

Er no... I think he's just trying to reward good form and hard work in training! You get yourself fit, you impress in training, look prepared and do it on the pitch you'll keep your place!

Pretty much everyone who puts their opinion across on this subject is getting sarcy off topic responses from you. To think some people get annoyed at my style of posting, at least im making football related points when winding people up.

Let people have their say. If you want to counter it, try putting an alternative view (so far all im seeing is you say its silly and wrong - tell us why).

Lots.

The fact that you take all my posts seriously makes me think you miss the point.

In a thread called: 'The facts about AVB' If you look back, pretty much every post has been off topic.

Last edited:

This. Sarcy responses all the time. I dont even bother reading his posts anymore :)

Adebayor on bench twice in rowafter not having much of a pre season at City and only coming here shortly before the West Brom game - had he been brought in straight for Defoe peopl would have been up in arms after scoring 2 on the bounce (England and Saudi Sportswashing Machine) - fair call IMHO

Sandro subbed

funny one but could be down to a variety of reasons

i don't think there is anything wrong with starting a new signing on the bench - especially one who has had little time with the team, also heard mention he picked up a knock against United for Fulham

LLoris arrives, N°2
no proof of this what so ever

It aint working so far

to be totally honest with you it seems to me that you are jumping to negative conclusions all too quickly

Oh come on Charlie

Ade was very unfit
The others hadn't had a training session
He was pretty much stuck with that team with 2 destroyers in the middle

Sandro was poor and looked tired after the Olympics

I assume AVB knows all this and against Reading we will see Dembele start in the middle and a much better side

If not, feel free to criticise but I don't think he could play 4 of his 6 signings Lloris, Dembele, Dempsey, Ade.

I just saw Rafa VdV watching Hamburg get thrashed from the stands. Why didn't he play?

You're probably right and we'll see a good side vs Reading.

I just cant believe he played 451 with defoe on his own up front. Surely you'd rather have Ade even unfit?

I am not turning against Avb, i quite like him actually.

Er no... I think he's just trying to reward good form and hard work in training! You get yourself fit, you impress in training, look prepared and do it on the pitch you'll keep your place!

good, it'll make sure the more talented divas dont get away with starting for us at all costs. i'd gladly sacrifice lots of points for some discipline

Adebayor on bench twice in row
Sandro subbed
LLoris arrives, N°2

It aint working so far

He has to play the best players....systems will not work...if it means relegating players...

so far he has not shewn any knowledge of substitutions...

so it all looks a bit bleak..

but we certainly have the players to challenge for top4..thing is..........mmmmmmmmm

Back