• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB Sacked page 224

If the only impediment to us playing attacking football was AVB's instructions then it should be instant.

It was! 3 goals against Southampton.......remind me what other game this season we scored 3 in one game?

But yes its not like we didnt draw at home with WBA with AVB at the helm is it?? or lost at home to wigan?????? even Harry lost easy games at home!!!

But yeah I see your reasoning - there is no reason for tim that we are not playing 1970's Dutch style.......The guy is clueless!

Please can everyone calm it down a little. We can discuss this and everything else without being at each others' throats.

Told you Mods we should have closed this thread. It is just a lightening conductor for bile on both sides and can serve no constructive purpose now that AVB has gone. Close it NOW.

It was! 3 goals against Southampton.......remind me what other game this season we scored 3 in one game?

But yes its not like we didnt draw at home with WBA with AVB at the helm is it?? or lost at home to wigan?????? even Harry lost easy games at home!!!

But yeah I see your reasoning - there is no reason for tim that we are not playing 1970's Dutch style.......The guy is clueless!

And actually got players into the opposition box, AVB would have had a nosebleed if more than 1 Spurs player got into the opponent's box.

I'm not denying any of those things.

My point is that if AVB was the only impediment to beautiful football, yesterday shouldn't have happened. Neither should West Ham. And neither should the 70mins of the SCIC match where we weren't excellent.

My point is that if AVB was the only impediment to beautiful football, yesterday shouldn't have happened. Neither should West Ham. And neither should the 70mins of the SCIC match where we weren't excellent.

Who are SCIC? What does it stand for?

Told you Mods we should have closed this thread. It is just a lightening conductor for bile on both sides and can serve no constructive purpose now that AVB has gone. Close it NOW.

100% agree...... Im as gutted as the next man that AVB didnt work out.....but like a broken hearted man trying to come to terms with losing the 'supposed' love of his life

It is time to move on!!!! No good will come from going round in circles and pining after AVB.... He has gone, It is done, finite.........

No new info just continuation of a thread where we all sound like saddo's who cant move on.

Its a good point and a more able manager than Timmy may have had three consecutive wins.

AVB was not the sole reason and only impediment of beautiful football....the players are culpable + 7 new signings not settled.....either way he was steering the ship and did have a fair amount of time to plot a sensible course.

The problem isn't this thread, the Sherwood thread and several others are just as bad. The problem is people acting Billy Big ********. If posters listened a little more and shouted people down a little less, we might have a decent discussion.

The problem isn't this thread, the Sherwood thread and several others are just as bad. The problem is people acting Billy Big ********. If posters listened a little more and shouted people down a little less, we might have a decent discussion.

If this thread closes then the same arguments will spill over into the Sherwood thread. where the bickering is only going to make people more divisive really. It's a sad state of affairs, after beginning a season with hope, to reach Christmas where it has descended into a civil war on the board

If this thread closes then the same arguments will spill over into the Sherwood thread. where the bickering is only going to make people more divisive really. It's a sad state of affairs, after beginning a season with hope, to reach Christmas where it has descended into a civil war on the board

I agree.

Most of it is people carrying on arguments that have been going on several years. If everyone took a step back and acknowledged that none of Redknapp, AVB or Sherwood were 100% good or bad. That none of us are always right and that there can be perfectly good reasons why people might hold a different opinion. If people took the time to listen to differing opinions rather than shout them down, they might learn something and even if they don't, they'd at least have a more pleasant conversation.

I agree.

Most of it is people carrying on arguments that have been going on several years. If everyone took a step back and acknowledged that none of Redknapp, AVB or Sherwood were 100% good or bad. That none of us are always right and that there can be perfectly good reasons why people might hold a different opinion. If people took the time to listen to differing opinions rather than shout them down, they might learn something and even if they don't, they'd at least have a more pleasant conversation.

I will take that on board.

apologies if I have offended anyone.

but the levels of predjudice on here + certain posters acting in a way where it seems like they want us to fail is winding me up a tad.

I am suprised at some of the views on this forum recently.......I thought we were better than being judgmental and I thought we would at least give someone a chance.

I really hope the team plays some good stuff for the rest of the season.....not to be proved right in my assumption that we should give tim a fair crack of the whip but because I would love too see this forum bouncing again and a much more harmonious place......heres hoping!!!

You made excuse after excuse for AVB even after 18 months but you can't see why people want to give Tim more than 2 league games? He made one big mistake yesterday, AVB made plenty too like never playing Lamela, benching Eriksen after one lousy game and persisting with Holtby, getting rid of Ekotto, playing slow CB's in a high line, I could go on.

On the flip side, I think people like yourself were so pleased to get rid of Redknapp that you simply couldn't bring yourself to admit that AVB might not actually have been the correct replacement in the first place.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's automatically an excuse.

You clearly have no idea what I thought and think about Redknapp and why should I have to admit something that simply isn't true? It was the right course to take and it came pretty close to working out. I was never a die-hard AVB fan, but I was happy to give him a chance as he had shown he could deliver in the past. He might not have a lot of experience as a manager, but he was also part of Mourinho's team at Porto, Chelsea and Inter.

Sherwood on the other hand has not shown anything apart from the occasional punditry gig and those were pretty far from impressive. He's now making mistakes that anyone who has watched a few games of PL football would already have known not to do. I do not have to be patient with him. He's a temporary solution and he won't be in charge next season unless we somehow massively overachieve for the remaider of this one.

The key problem atm is that TS, unlike avb or another experienced manager, has no back story we can fall back on, that we can measure the man by.

He really is a blank canvas and literally can do anything we could think unthinkable like no DM in the side. We dont know his footballing philisophy (i dont count espousing cliches like keep it simple as its meaning is still vague).

What TS needs is some long in-depth article/ interview where he sers out his style- a manifesto of sorts if you will. Like an MP the manager if a football club needs the support of his constituency, in this case the clubs supporters. And he's more likely to get that support if we knew what he was really like knew what he was trying to achieve and knew how he'd like to achieve it.

Now some would argue in talking ****e because other managers havent done this so why should TS do it. However other managers usually have a track record we can look back on and judge them by ( footballing leopards dong often change their spots). Of course the past is not always a good indicator of a manager if they thenselves havent had a long track record (avb for example).

Im not saying i expect TS to justify what he's doing but rather explain his philosophy. I dont for one minute think he is a fool, tger definitely is a footballing brain in there- or maybe its chris ramsey that is the tactical footballing genius in the current triumvirate. Either way i think if TS could demistify himself that would help him win the support of his constituency.

Of course so will winning games and the passage of time, but the average fan (and chairman) does not believe in patience being a virtue.

I will take that on board.

apologies if I have offended anyone.

but the levels of predjudice on here + certain posters acting in a way where it seems like they want us to fail is winding me up a tad.

I am suprised at some of the views on this forum recently.......I thought we were better than being judgmental and I thought we would at least give someone a chance.

I really hope the team plays some good stuff for the rest of the season.....not to be proved right in my assumption that we should give tim a fair crack of the whip but because I would love too see this forum bouncing again and a much more harmonious place......heres hoping!!!

100 % agree with you Nigeyman . =D>

I dont think TS has had any time. He was put in a difficult position with the sacking of AVB then put in as Manager ahead of a busy holiday schedule. How much can he do in that time? People on here are pathetic if they think he can imprint his philosophy or ideologies in a matter of a week or two packed full of games with, I can only imagine, little training. ****in hell.

Sorry, I don't agree. This thread is for people to express their views on AVB. He has gone. So should this thread. His time at the club is over. For good or bad, people have to deal with that and move on. To discuss what might have been is living in cloud cookoo land. He ain't coming back. A new era has begun. The king is dead, long live the king.

The Sherwood thread should be about Sherwood, NOT AVB. Simple really

Sorry, I don't agree. This thread is for people to express their views on AVB. He has gone. So should this thread. His time at the club is over. For good or bad, people have to deal with that and move on. To discuss what might have been is living in cloud cookoo land. He ain't coming back. A new era has begun. The king is dead, long live the king.

The Sherwood thread should be about Sherwood, NOT AVB. Simple really

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread, post in this thread or post about AVB in other threads, all of which you appear to be doing.

And actually got players into the opposition box, AVB would have had a nosebleed if more than 1 Spurs player got into the opponent's box.

Only if it was a phase of the game where we were looking to control it. If we were looking to score goals, we'd get men in the box. It's that simple.

I'll gladly accept AVB is gone, but I will argue till the cows come home the misconceptions and misunderstandings of his methods.

Back