• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Is he the guy that pretended to be an FBI agent among other things? It’s amazing who the republican voters will vote for instead of a democrat.
Yeah, he thinks he's an FBI agent too. I think the back story is he was involved in some women's self defense training in Quantico, once upon a time. I wont explain the irony in that.
Too many bangs in the head while playing football have broken his brain. He could be the worst senate candidate ever, and that is not hyperbole.

"If man evolved from apes why are there still apes" - Hershel Walker, deep thinker.

Last edited:
Democracy on the line over the next 48 hours - and the early signs aren’t good.
What are you reading? I've read the opposite report on the early voting numbers. This is coming from Simon Rosenberg, but to be fair he is a half-glass full sort of chap.

Last edited:
Here are my predictions for what they are worth. I don't think it will be Pence as he 'betrayed' Trump on Jan 6th. His maga bonafides are not pure enough after that.

As for Trump, he may declare for president soon so as to cast the Jan 6th stuff as political but that won't save him IMO. He's done. He won't be running IMO.

It will be DeSantis. In a lot of ways, he is worse than Trump but he doesn't have the cult of personality that Trump has. The best thing is that Trump and DeSantis go to war with each other and suppress the GOP vote.

I might have got my Trump prediction wrong but I see this bit is starting.

The Biden approval (which is on the rise actually) has not been tracking at all with the enthusiasm for individual candidates is what I have read. These are not connected as they have been in previous elections, which is good for the democrats it would appear. It is the same dynamic inversely with Trump in some ways. If Trump declares then the focus will immediately land on him and every vote will be about him. This is something the GOP is trying to avoid at the moment, as the article you link also mentioned.

One thing which has been skewing the MSM coverage is recent polls that have trended republican. These polls also influence poll aggregate sites like 538 and influence their message. However, these have been very partisan polls and appear to be a part of a concerted effort to seed the narrative of a looming red wave where none exists. I think this is just cynical electioneering really. Time will tell I guess but I think the young vote will make the difference.

Last edited:
The Biden approval (which is on the rise actually) has not been tracking at all with the enthusiasm for individual candidates is what I have read. These are not connected as they have been in previous elections, which is good for the democrats it would appear. It is the same dynamic with Trump in some ways. If Trump declares then the focus will immediately land on him and every vote will be about him. This is something the GOP is trying to avoid at the moment, as the article you link also mentioned.

One thing which has been skewing the MSM coverage is recent polls that have trended republican. These polls also influence poll aggregate sites like 538 and influence their message. However, these have been very partisan polls and appear to be a part of a concerted effort to seed the narrative of a looming red wave where none exists. I think this is just cynical electioneering really. Time will tell I guess but I think the young vote will make the difference.

I hope you’re right. The young vote is key.

The American system is nuts. The whole idea of mid-terms, and losing control of either house meaning the entire agenda of the government is completely blocked for the next two years. It’s insane – permanent cripplement. I hope no one ever complains about our FPTP system constituency MP system and its ability to deliver effective government (for good or ill) after comprehending that mess.

The American system is nuts. The whole idea of mid-terms, and losing control of either house meaning the entire agenda of the government is completely blocked for the next two years. It’s insane – permanent cripplement. I hope no one ever complains about our FPTP system constituency MP system and its ability to deliver effective government (for good or ill) after comprehending that mess.

It was designed for a different time, when it took days and weeks to get to Washington and there were no political parties like today. Much like the Bible, the constitution is basically considered infallible and whatever suits your agenda is what the founding fathers intended. An outdated system and constant gerrymandering is what keeps the republicans in or close to power, which in turn is quite lucrative for the democrats as well.

You have one party that has to cover everything from the centre to the left and another party that basically runs on being opposed to whatever the former wants to do. Decades of brainwashing about taxes, guns and freedoms have worked.

Don’t get me started on their ridiculous electoral college system.

Back