• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Not questioning you Robbo, more that I take less interest in politics anymore especially US, but I do see more and more of these type of blunders. Are they true or just careful and selective edits? There were claims previously that some of them were not true so wanted to check. Its worrying if half of them are, I mean I know he is an elderly man so there would be good reason behind it.

I'm not sure how many episodes are taken out of context, but Biden's age is definitely being used against him by political opponents. I normally take these stories with a big piece of salt too. Reuters is a reputable source though, and forgetting someone's dead is a pretty significant blunder, hence me posting the link.

I don't really know enough about Biden's politics and capacity to judge his performance, but there are (in general) problematic sides to having world leaders pushing 80. Not saying old people can't be good leaders, obviously. But I think a bit of circulation when it comes to leaders is good.

I'm not sure how many episodes are taken out of context, but Biden's age is definitely being used against him by political opponents. I normally take these stories with a big piece of salt too. Reuters is a reputable source though, and forgetting someone's dead is a pretty significant blunder, hence me posting the link.

I don't really know enough about Biden's politics and capacity to judge his performance, but there are (in general) problematic sides to having world leaders pushing 80. Not saying old people can't be good leaders, obviously. But I think a bit of circulation when it comes to leaders is good.

Cheers for that mate. I think when I read it I feel more sad for him than anything, if he genuinely forgot someone's passed that's a upsetting to see. Poor bloke

Tried to become the Democrat's presidential candidate two years ago, now trying to get on the gravy train of telling conservatives the lies they want to hear on Fox News.

It's a shame, I thought she had some good things to say when she came on the scene and perhaps appeal to the more centrist voters. But as is the case regularly with those that follow this path, the money and power/infamy is with 'shilling' to the easiest audience.

She was nothing more than a spoiler candidate in the last election like Stein was in the previous one (successfully in Stein's case). Clinton called her out as a Russian asset years ago, and she was right.

Biden is a fantastic president IMO. He's got more done than any president in the last 50 years. And when you consider the absolute fudgefest he inherited and the razor-thin majority he has in the senate it is all the more impressive. The odd senior moment is less than nothing.

Bill Maher was saying exactly this recently. He will continue to have senior moments in debates and during interviews, but running the country takes places behind the scenes. The rest of it like interviews, debates, public appearances etc are just for show. His age counts against him in some ways but he also has wisdom and clearly has an ability to deal with people and get things done. I think ageism is almost the last acceptable prejudice for those who mock him because he is old. There’s been a lot of talk of him stepping down and Kamala Harris taking over but I’m not sure she’s popular enough to win an election?

This is a great (long) read about Merrick Garland and his possible intentions...
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...donald-trump-investigation-indictment/671683/

Rather long winded in parts but a good read.
He sounds like someone who gets what it will take to bring Trump down, everyone else keeps playing trump at his own game, a game they cannot possibly win.
From when trump first looked like he had a chance to win, and I still think he never ever thought he could win, they have allowed trump to set the tone and the pace.
Instead of focusing on him they should have been focusing on their policies and plans.
It became about personalities, not politics and that is a fight trump knows how to win.

Bill Maher was saying exactly this recently. He will continue to have senior moments in debates and during interviews, but running the country takes places behind the scenes. The rest of it like interviews, debates, public appearances etc are just for show. His age counts against him in some ways but he also has wisdom and clearly has an ability to deal with people and get things done. I think ageism is almost the last acceptable prejudice for those who mock him because he is old. There’s been a lot of talk of him stepping down and Kamala Harris taking over but I’m not sure she’s popular enough to win an election?
Harris is OK, but I think you may be right about her popularity. And of course, she is a coloured woman which will work against her among a certain cohort. I think Biden might run again and step out of the picture after a time but it could all be moot. The number of full-on election deniers running for key positions in these midterms will have a huge influence over future elections if elected. It is critical the dems get at least 2 more senators, hold the house and pass some robust election laws or 2024 will be utter chaos.

Harris is OK, but I think you may be right about her popularity. And of course, she is a coloured woman which will work against her among a certain cohort. I think Biden might run again and step out of the picture after a time but it could all be moot. The number of full-on election deniers running for key positions in these midterms will have a huge influence over future elections if elected. It is critical the dems get at least 2 more senators, hold the house and pass some robust election laws or 2024 will be utter chaos.

Am I right in thinking the party in power often loses the midterm elections? I’m hoping there will be a backlash against the Republicans due to the abortion law changes this year.

I’m still convinced Trump is going to run again and will win the nomination. And you can bet your life he will say he won even if he runs and loses in 2024. He still hasn’t conceded the last election. I also wouldn’t bet against him flat out winning in 2024. I’d rather Biden run against him than Harris, partly because Biden has already beaten him.

Am I right in thinking the party in power often loses the midterm elections? I’m hoping there will be a backlash against the Republicans due to the abortion law changes this year.

I’m still convinced Trump is going to run again and will win the nomination. And you can bet your life he will say he won even if he runs and loses in 2024. He still hasn’t conceded the last election. I also wouldn’t bet against him flat out winning in 2024. I’d rather Biden run against him than Harris, partly because Biden has already beaten him.
Yes, the conventional thinking is that the party in power takes a hit in the midterms but the trends are looking good for the dems this time.
If they lose the house it will just trigger a series of Biden impeachments for the next few years for the flimsiest of excuses. They will try defund all the investigations into Trump too. If they lose the senate 2022 will be the last free election in America. Big stakes.

Last edited:
Back