• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

@thfcsteff was talking about this the other day
Yeah I know all too well where it is going if Trump wins, and it is nowhere good.

I haven't decided whether I'll stay up and watch a bit of the early results or if that will fudge my brain up to last few minutes of the Champions League semi-final tension levels.

Trump is going to claim victory tonight, it is almost certain, irrespective of the counts, etc. What will be interesting is how the MSM handle this. Their record is not good. I have a feeling twitter will pull the tweets, and then the usual 1st amendment noise will fill the void.

Trump is going to claim victory tonight, it is almost certain, irrespective of the counts, etc. What will be interesting is how the MSM handle this. Their record is not good. I have a feeling twitter will pull the tweets, and then the usual 1st amendment noise will fill the void.

Some interesting plans for this election.

From Morning Brew.

Today's plan
There's a reason Facebook calls its election ops center a "war room." Platforms have expanded their arsenals this election cycle to help voters through a confusing time.

Election hubs: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat are highlighting election information like where votes are still being counted, which results have been verified, and how ballot counting works.

Confirming results: Platforms are also using labels to limit candidates' abilities to prematurely declare victory when those victories aren't yet confirmed.

• What counts as official? Yesterday, Twitter said it's using seven news outlets with verified decision desks. It will require corroboration from at least two outlets or an announcement from state election officials.
Odds and ends: TikTok will show live Associated Press results. Pinterest is labeling or deleting content that undermines election integrity. And Facebook's WhatsApp and Messenger platforms are limiting message forwarding to prevent misinformation from going viral.

Trump will win quite comfortably I'm afraid. He'll win most of the states where polls show Biden leading by less than 3%. Will be another 4 horrible years with the macaronic baby orangutan in charge.

America does like to make it interesting don't they? Why choose Biden when they could have plucked any modern, young'ish politician who would have breezed it?
There aren't many young'ish politicians that can just flip a couple of billion dollars out of their pockets to run a campaign. USA isn't a democracy, it's a money grabbing circus, with unpresidented levels of corruption.

Trump will win quite comfortably I'm afraid. He'll win most of the states where polls show Biden leading by less than 3%. Will be another 4 horrible years with the macaronic baby orangutan in charge.

Can't see it. He's got solid if tightening leads in a lot of the swing states. I think there will be a silent minority who have lied to the pollsters because supporting Trump is seen as so toxic in many circles but can't see it being enough. I believe that during the week, they were saying Texas is now too tight to call and you'd be banking on that if you're a Republican.

Biden is not as dislikeable as Hilary and I think that will be enough to get him over the line. I know it's fashionable to bash Trump but, for the life of me, I can't understand how anyone could vote him in. He's completely unfit for office and is an odious, petty man. I wouldn't wish him on Liverpool.

However, I bet the mortgage on Hilary in 2016 and got it wrong. Kind of like the time I promised to have the Arsenal crest tattooed on my arse if Jack Grealish wasn't a Spurs player at the end of the transfer window in 2018. So what the f**k do I know?

There aren't many young'ish politicians that can just flip a couple of billion dollars out of their pockets to run a campaign. USA isn't a democracy, it's a money grabbing circus, with unpresidented levels of corruption.
Yes. That and name recognition and a lot of Democrats wanting a less "radical" candidate thinking that it would get them more centrist and undecided voters.

The Republicans tried to have 128,000 votes thrown out in Houston. Trump appointed a fella into the USPS who tried to sabotage postal votes. This isn't a Trump problem - the Republicans just don't care what the people want. They just want to win any way they can. The Democrats are just as opportunistic. You're absolutely right, it's not a democracy. It's a bitter, petty, poisonous duopoly for the rich masquerading as the greatest democracy in the world.

The Republicans tried to have 128,000 votes thrown out in Houston. Trump appointed a fella into the USPS who tried to sabotage postal votes. This isn't a Trump problem - the Republicans just don't care what the people want. They just want to win any way they can. The Democrats are just as opportunistic. You're absolutely right, it's not a democracy. It's a bitter, petty, poisonous duopoly for the rich masquerading as the greatest democracy in the world.
Most politicians only come forward and talk to people in the weeks prior to elections and say 'I'm on your side. I'll fight for YOU', and then they spend the next 4 years doing nothing else than build and protect their own assets.
Trump has actually done a couple of things he said he'd do. Although those things were crazy, that doesn't matter. It's seen as a great achievement by lower, and lower middle class people.
Lower class people are also over the moon in appreciation because they have had a few dollars a month more since he came in...

Back