• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Bill isn't on the ballot for this election, his past behaviour isn't an indicator of Hillary's suitability for the job

Bill isn't on the ballot for this election, his past behaviour isn't an indicator of Hillary's suitability for the job
Don't think anyone is saying that, but his past and hillary reaction to it does restrict what she can go after tactically, for right or wrong that is the situation

I think that there is a world of difference between being in a position of power and being attractive to women and being a rapist.
Of course there is, but this is US election campaigning - degrees of "badness" don't matter. Mud is mud.

The missus met Clinton briefly once while he was in office and freely admitted to me that he was one of the most attractive people she had ever met (after me of course). She worked in government and he was on a state visit or something and she was one of a line of folk shaking his hand. He took everyone's hand for about 2 seconds in both of his own, looked straight into their eyes and made them felt like they were special. Every woman in that line went weak at the knees. The man had a presence that turned women into blushing school girls at 40 paces. The only surprise is that we haven't heard about more of his infidelities as I'm sure there are more than a few skeletons in his closet.
I know his pain.

Of course there is, but this is US election campaigning - degrees of "badness" don't matter. Mud is mud.

Trump is fudged now thankfully. You have to worry about people have been on board with him up until now but...

Trump is fudgeed now thankfully. You have to worry about people have been on board with him up until now but...

nothing has changed in the system that put him forward as a candidate, Pence is no better

any tea party nominee is going to be a GHod bothering, gun toting, racist homophobe

nothing has changed in the system that put him forward as a candidate, Pence is no better

any tea party nominee is going to be a GHod bothering, gun toting, racist homophobe

I agree but anyone would be better than this racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, psychopath.

She can't criticise Trump for his actions towards women because of her husband.

Either I've got a massive knowledge gap on Bill Clinton or we're at cross purposes. My comment was a couple of days ago after the tweet Milo posted about Pence and his advocacy of conversion therapy. Hillary should be able to make political capital out of someone with such vile views, but there's probably a significant chunk of the religious mid-west electorate that would be in agreement with Pence.

But as is the way in politics, things move on quickly. Bill Clinton was no doubt unfaithful, a womaniser, and took advantage of at least one intern in his employ. Yet whilst at best inappropriate (and possibly immoral depending on your viewpoint) in his actions, he did not (as I recall) profess anything close to the odious misogynistic utterings of Trump. Fortunately for Hillary it seems that Trump may finally have been hoist by his own petard.

Either I've got a massive knowledge gap on Bill Clinton or we're at cross purposes. My comment was a couple of days ago after the tweet Milo posted about Pence and his advocacy of conversion therapy. Hillary should be able to make political capital out of someone with such vile views, but there's probably a significant chunk of the religious mid-west electorate that would be in agreement with Pence.

But as is the way in politics, things move on quickly. Bill Clinton was no doubt unfaithful, a womaniser, and took advantage of at least one intern in his employ. Yet whilst at best inappropriate (and possibly immoral depending on your viewpoint) in his actions, he did not (as I recall) profess anything close to the odious misogynistic utterings of Trump. Fortunately for Hillary it seems that Trump may finally have been hoist by his own petard.
My bad, thought your post was in response to him being the misogynist everyone knew he was.

o_O So her staying with him despite his infidelity shows she has a poor character?
Partly, yes.

Many now seen to think she did so to increase her chances of power. That was precisely what I thought at the time.

Partly, yes.

Many now seen to think she did so to increase her chances of power. That was precisely what I thought at the time.

I think that a lot of the attacks on Clinton are very misogynistic. This would be one of them.

Back