• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

It dosent take much for a few undesirables to look at her tweet and follow the USA.
Remember the London Riots, in the end most forgot about why they were angry and just wanted to bag new trainers courtesy of JD sports and the other sports shops.

Nike were very happy for the free advertising of their range shown around the world.

Here we go.....

# Nike store looting 2020 edition

Look at the joy on her face. Is she saying justice for George Floyd or ecstatic running home to post her new trainers on Instagram showing off her ill-gotten gains

Imagine a world where the United States created wholesale reform on their policing hiring criteria, methods and ethos. Where the grave issue of oppression against people of colour since the birth of the nation had been addressed and not pummelled each time there was an uprising for justice. Do you think the above would be happening right now?

Also, if a group of people were completely disrespected by the government and law enforcement throughout a nations history, I can imagine that would be reciprocated.

Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. But it's troublesome that people will look at the effect and not the cause of generations of oppression.

tenor.gif
That gif might be the best piece of satire I've ever seen on GG - multilayered.
Very jealous I didn't post it.

Look at the joy on her face. Is she saying justice for George Floyd or ecstatic running home to post her new trainers on Instagram showing off her ill-gotten gains
"When you take away from people something to fight for, you give them something to die for.
This country was built on the backs of black Americans. So we have the right to burn it down if we want to."

Slight paraphrasing of what someone's protestors said.
It's pretty powerful.

Imagine a world where the United States created wholesale reform on their policing hiring criteria, methods and ethos. Where the grave issue of oppression against people of colour since the birth of the nation had been addressed and not pummelled each time there was an uprising for justice. Do you think the above would be happening right now?

Also, if a group of people were completely disrespected by the government and law enforcement throughout a nations history, I can imagine that would be reciprocated.

Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. But it's troublesome that people will look at the effect and not the cause of generations of oppression.

I 100% agree with that and there lies my issues with Abbott who is wrong just to use an issue in the US to lazily club the U.K.in the same boat, that’s not to say this country does not have racism problems it does but society across the U.K. is far more integrated than the US.

Looting is not helpful to their cause as I’ve said on many posts, just plays up to the racists rhetoric.

I 400% agree with that and there lies my issues with Abbott who is wrong just to use an issue in the US to lazily club the U.K.in the same boat, that’s not to say this country does not have racism problems it does but society across the U.K. is far more integrated than the US.

Looting is not helpful to their cause as I’ve said on many posts, just plays up to the racists rhetoric.

I can't recall if it was yourself or another poster? But someone summed up Abbott quite well. A brilliant minister for her constituency but she has made some pretty bad faux pas further afield from that.

Agreed, the UK does have some serious issues with institutionalised racism but that pales in comparison to the US. You're pretty well-travelled from what I recall too? I forget sometimes just how integrated and diverse London is for example, it truly stands out.

I can't recall if it was yourself or another poster? But someone summed up Abbott quite well. A brilliant minister for her constituency but she has made some pretty bad faux pas further afield from that.

Agreed, the UK does have some serious issues with institutionalised racism but that pales in comparison to the US. You're pretty well-travelled from what I recall too? I forget sometimes just how integrated and diverse London is for example, it truly stands out.

Yeh that’s a good summary of her.

Yeh fairly we’ll travelled And have also importantly live all over London and have seen how Integrated many societies are.

Our police especially the Met are also world class, even if under resourced. So I think it’s terrible to compare the two.

Anyway I think we all agree the scenes in the states are terrible

Back