• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I can't recall if it was yourself or another poster? But someone summed up Abbott quite well. A brilliant minister for her constituency but she has made some pretty bad faux pas further afield from that.

https://labourlist.org/2020/06/brit...to-fight-institutional-racism-here-in-the-uk/

This link is a great example of what I mean here.

Before I start we do need to fight institutional racism here in the UK, she is right 100%. She would have been just as right before the incident in America as she is now so I don't see what she is doing to add a very separated countries problems onto the already tense fire? She wants to bring light to it, thats great she should but why now?

Why raise black pulses further in a country that in miles ahead of the US where she has been able as a Black woman MP since 1987? She is proof that although there are issues we can move forward, I think she should be championing that and looking forward, you don't move forward by looking back and I think her tactics of bringing up the past does nothing for the future as the anger rises and the tensions grow and people lose sight of any potential goals.

For the world to sooth it has to look forward, there is too much historical hurt and anger for us to move on if we look back and just get angry again.

tenor.gif

Don't laugh too much, Boris is going to make sure Britain is the 51st State.

Imagine a world where the United States created wholesale reform on their policing hiring criteria, methods and ethos. Where the grave issue of oppression against people of colour since the birth of the nation had been addressed and not pummelled each time there was an uprising for justice. Do you think the above would be happening right now?

Also, if a group of people were completely disrespected by the government and law enforcement throughout a nations history, I can imagine that would be reciprocated.

Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. But it's troublesome that people will look at the effect and not the cause of generations of oppression.

Troublesome and unsurprising sadly.

Ignoring the factual accuracy of your post, can you explain why that might be a problem?

There is neither factual accuracy or inaccuracy. It is my opinion based on how his government/leadership operates (lie and laugh it off or ignore it, flat-bat violations of procedure by senior advisors by effectively gaslighting the public). Very "US-2016-2020"...

Currently, the UK looks set to align with Trump's America; that would be a bad fit. But hey, maybe it would be OK if he is gone.

My point is that your trite meme inferring entertainment at the brick-show of others is misplaced IMO; there is plenty of popcorn left for the brick-show that is Borisland...

There is neither factual accuracy or inaccuracy. It is my opinion based on how his government/leadership operates (lie and laugh it off or ignore it, flat-bat violations of procedure by senior advisors by effectively gaslighting the public). Very "US-2016-2020"...

Currently, the UK looks set to align with Trump's America; that would be a bad fit. But hey, maybe it would be OK if he is gone.

My point is that your trite meme inferring entertainment at the brick-show of others is misplaced IMO; there is plenty of popcorn left for the brick-show that is Borisland...
Again, we'll leave the accuracy aside as it becomes irrelevant if there is no discernible downside to what you think will happen.

So you think it's a bad fit - why? What is it you're so concerned about a close relationship with the US that bothers you so much?

They're only rioting in Democrat led states/cities.

It's the radical left/antifa that are responsible for all the looting and destruction.

Whether the national guard is deployed or not, he will have called it right.

It's win-win for him, no matter how this plays out.

Here's a Trump quote from 1990:

“When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it,. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak.”

Back