• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I actually watched about 5 minutes in the early hours of this morning, and couldn't stand it.

Doesn't help that I can't stand either candidate.

I tend to agree, but out of those two I would not vote for Trump, same goes for Corbyn and I'm no Tory as you know, but needs must when the devil drives.......

I watched the 2nd hour of the debate earlier on.

If I was an American, I'd vote for Clinton accepting her many faults. Trump doesn't seem to have any policies beyond massive tax cuts, trade tariffs, building a wall on the Mexican border and somehow being tougher on Muslim immigrants. There is nothing concrete to help ordinary people imo, beyond a vague promise that these things will create lots of jobs and everything will be fine.

Compare that to Clinton, who wants to raise the minimum wage, continue and expand upon Obamacare, legislate for equality of pay between men and women, paid maternity/paternity leave, sick leave...these are things that will help ordinary people, especially those on the bottom. The thing with her is, does she mean it? Or will she just forget about it when in office?

I tend to agree, but out of those two I would not vote for Trump, same goes for Corbyn and I'm no Tory as you know, but needs must when the devil drives.......

If you go on policy, Corbyn has policies that would help ordinary people, especially the poorest. It's very unfair to compare him with Trump, who has nothing of the sort. Let's not turn this thread to domestic politics though, I'll shutup about Corbyn on this thread!

What you don't approve of trump? He's right down your alley isn't he? Rabid free market, neo-liberal conman.
Trump is as ignorant of economics as Corbyn.

He wants protectionist trade barriers, wants to pick and choose winners in industry. He's got nothing whatsoever to do with free markets.

Trump is as ignorant of economics as Corbyn.

He wants protectionist trade barriers, wants to pick and choose winners in industry. He's got nothing whatsoever to do with free markets.

Ha, ha, that's flimflam. He has no intention of doing that. That's just playing to the dumby working class vote that supports him. He's a right wing economically as any other Repuglian.

Every presidential candidate for the last forty years has declared their tax return, apart from Dumpf. What has this crook got to hide? That he has been paying no taxes, (he responded to that by saying "that makes me smart) or he has lied about his wealth. Any American considering a vote for this clown, needs their head read.

Just watched the first debate on Youtube and IMO, the compulsive lying ex-lawyer/establishment politician came out of it better than the compulsive lying/businessman. She is just so comfortable, with voicing her falsehoods and brushing aside accusations. Years of doing it I guess.

The Donald said:
It’s about time that this country had somebody running it that has an idea about money… [Not paying taxes] makes me smart … It would be squandered, too, believe me… I’ve been under audit for almost 15 years. I know a lot of wealthy people that have never been audited. I say, ‘Have you been audited?’ I get audited almost every year, and in a way I should be complaining. I’m not even complaining. I don’t mind it. It’s almost become a way of life. I get audited by the IRS, but other people don’t.

The Donald said:
I agree with her on one thing. The single greatest problem the world has is … not global warming, like you think and your — your president thinks. Nuclear is the single greatest threat. We are not — we are not keeping up with other countries. I would like everybody to end it, just get rid of it. But I would certainly not do first strike. I think that once the nuclear alternative happens, it’s over. At the same time, we have to be prepared. I can’t take anything off the table.

The Donald said:
When I got involved, I didn’t fail. I got him to give the birth certificate. So I’m satisfied with it. And I’ll tell you why I’m satisfied with it… But I was the one that got him to produce the birth certificate. And I think I did a good job… Well, it was very — I say nothing. I say nothing, because I was able to get him to produce it. He should have produced it a long time before. I say nothing. And I think I did a great job and a great service not only for the country, but even for the president, in getting him to produce his birth certificate.

The Donald said:
Well, I have much better judgment than she does. There’s no question about that. I also have a much better temperament than she has, you know?… I have a much better — she spent — let me tell you — she spent hundreds of millions of dollars on an advertising — you know, they get Madison Avenue into a room, they put names — oh, temperament, let’s go after — I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament. I have a winning temperament. I know how to win. She does not have a… Wait. The AFL-CIO the other day, behind the blue screen, I don’t know who you were talking to, Secretary Clinton, but you were totally out of control. I said, there’s a person with a temperament that’s got a problem.

The Donald said:
She’s been trying to take them out for a long time… But you were there, and you were secretary of state when it was a little infant. Now it’s in over 30 countries. And you’re going to stop them? I don’t think so. But I will tell you that Hillary will tell you to go to her website and read all about how to defeat ISIS, which she could have defeated by never having it, you know, get going in the first place. Right now, it’s getting tougher and tougher to defeat them, because they’re in more and more places, more and more states, more and more nations… No wonder you’ve been fighting ISIS your entire adult life.

The Donald said:
As far as the cyber, I agree to parts of what Secretary Clinton said. We should be better than anybody else, and perhaps we’re not. I don’t think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC. She’s saying Russia, Russia, Russia, but I don’t — maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK? So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is — it is a huge problem. I have a son. He’s 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it’s unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it’s hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that’s true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better… and certainly cyber is one of them.

The Donald said:
Or, as I’ve been saying for a long time, and I think you’ll agree, because I said it to you once, had we taken the oil — and we should have taken the oil — ISIS would not have been able to form either, because the oil was their primary source of income. And now they have the oil all over the place, including the oil — a lot of the oil in Libya.

The Donald said:
Now, whether or not in a place like Chicago you do stop and frisk, which worked very well, Mayor Giuliani is here, worked very well in New York… But stop-and- frisk had a tremendous impact on the safety of New York City. Tremendous beyond belief. So when you say it has no impact, it really did. It had a very, very big impact.

The Donald said:
I have the endorsement of the NRA, which I’m very proud of. These are very, very good people… In addition, I was just endorsed by ICE. They’ve never endorsed anybody before on immigration. I was just endorsed by ICE.

The Donald said:
These people are going to put billions and billions of dollars into companies. And when they’re going to bring 2.5 trillion dollars back from overseas, where they can’t bring the money back because … the taxes are so onerous… So, what they’re doing is leaving our country, and believe it or not, they’re leaving our country because the taxes are too high. Because some of them companies have lots of money outside our country, and instead of bringing it back … And everybody agrees it should be brought back… Number one, the 28 countries of NATO, many of them aren’t paying their fair share. Number two — and that bothers me, because we should be asking — we’re defending them, and they should at least be paying us what they’re supposed to be paying by treaty and contract….

http://usuncut.news/2016/09/27/top-...m-the-first-presidential-debate-with-clinton/

Every presidential candidate for the last forty years has declared their tax return, apart from Dumpf. What has this crook got to hide? That he has been paying no taxes, (he responded to that by saying "that makes me smart) or he has lied about his wealth. Any American considering a vote for this clown, needs their head read.

More like their arses read, as they the american people hardly ever use their heads.

Ha, ha, that's hogwash. He has no intention of doing that. That's just playing to the dumby working class vote that supports him. He's a right wing economically as any other Repuglian.
He doesn't have an economic stance because he doesn't understand economics any more than lefties do.

I know you'd love all Republicans, Tories, etc. to fit into a nice little box for you to aim your hatred but that's not the real world. There are a number of very good reasons why the Republican Party dislikes Trump, and his economic "stance" is one of them.

If you go on policy, Corbyn has policies that would help ordinary people, especially the poorest. It's very unfair to compare him with Trump, who has nothing of the sort. Let's not turn this thread to domestic politics though, I'll shutup about Corbyn on this thread!

Raising the minimum wage to £10 an hour would cost jobs and certainly those at the lower end of the employment market would be most effected from that. I was managing in a warehouse when the raise came in earlier this year and we had to cut hours because we were paying people more. Over time went but the was a slight wage increase. Net result is the loaders in the warehouse earned less after the increase then before.

That is the problem with the extreme left, as well meaning as they might be they do to much damage to the economy.

Raising the minimum wage to £10 an hour would cost jobs and certainly those at the lower end of the employment market would be most effected from that. I was managing in a warehouse when the raise came in earlier this year and we had to cut hours because we were paying people more. Over time went but the was a slight wage increase. Net result is the loaders in the warehouse earned less after the increase then before.

That is the problem with the extreme left, as well meaning as they might be they do to much damage to the economy.

To be honest, I wasn't really talking about the minimum wage increase, but other policies. £10 an hour by 2020 is only a bit above what that well known "extreme left" former chancellor George Osbourne has legislated for by that date.

I'm not gonna debate Corbyn in this thread though, this is the US election thread.

On the US election I would vote for Clinton, she is a cnut but she is better then that nut job Trump.

That's probably a good summary of the situation, I agree.

He doesn't have an economic stance because he doesn't understand economics any more than lefties do.

I know you'd love all Republicans, Tories, etc. to fit into a nice little box for you to aim your hatred but that's not the real world. There are a number of very good reasons why the Republican Party dislikes Trump, and his economic "stance" is one of them.

Scara when it comes to prejudicial stereotyping, I bow to your obvious superiority. ;)

Back