• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All aboard the Alex Scott hype train

Dier, who captained England at a WC, is not as good cover as an 18 year old who has only played 2 games of adult football in his life?

You were talking about bringing in Scott and loaning him back out though so maybe on that basis it might be better for the club to look to integrate a talent youth player through next season because even if Scott did join he would be back at Bristol anyway ;). Otherwise whats the point of a youth system?

I mean this is comical even for @gutterboy ...

First Mourinho, then Conte, then pochettino not coming, then pochettino going to Chelsea and now Alex Scott not coming... I can't help but chuckle as a tory sat back having a party with all sorts of drugs involved ...

I get this lad is a very well thought after talent and I have never seen him play so I ask this question genuinely, is he that creative and such a talent that we can not afford to miss or is this abit of a personal obsession on here? 7 Assists in his career so far although stat watching does not suggest he is massively creative on the face of it

I’ve only seen the YT vids but it looks like he carries the ball well from deep, beating players quickly and gaining ground high up the pitch then passing the ball.

So he’s more build up than making the final assist.

Dembele never got many assists and played in a similar-ish way.

I get this lad is a very well thought after talent and I have never seen him play so I ask this question genuinely, is he that creative and such a talent that we can not afford to miss or is this abit of a personal obsession on here? 7 Assists in his career so far although stat watching does not suggest he is massively creative on the face of it
Honestly IMO he is very creative
He can play anywhere in midfield and is very similar to Maddison
His stats that you refer too reflect as much to the club he plays for and the variety of roles he has played
His debut was at right wing back to give you some context
If his career is managed well I believe he will be top top drawer and play for his country and a top English side
Bournemouth would be a great move for him and he would play with David Brooks who is a similar player who would be at a bigger club if he didn’t have his recent health issues
Style wise he is kinda like Kulu but playing CM.

Porro. I think he'll do well for us, but we overpaid, because Conte was being a dingdong
Ah I see, you mean the wing back. Was he as much as £50m?

Yes it was very strange for us to buy an expensive wing-back and then lurch to a new manager who doesn't use wing-backs. Though not exactly a unique thing at Spurs (we did the same when buying Gill and Royal for big money and then lurching to a manager who only played with wing-backs).

Yes it was very strange for us to buy an expensive wing-back and then lurch to a new manager who doesn't use wing-backs. Though not exactly a unique thing at Spurs (we did the same when buying Gill and Royal for big money and then lurching to a manager who only played with wing-backs).

Is a wing back not a winger?

Is a wing back not a winger?
A wingback is a hybrid defender and winger. Often a winger not quite good enough at the top level but with some defensive qualities. They would be expected to bring the ball from deeper positions than a winger typically and usually have a different skillset. A winger needs to be able to beat a man in a one on one situation and the best can beat 2 or more. This is especially true from a standing start. A WB is more likely to get the ball on the move and beat his man for pure pace rather than trickery. A winger would then also be expected to have a better quality of final ball, whether that be crossing/passing accuracy or finishing chances themselves.

Defensively due to the 3 CBs a WB defensive qualities don't need to be as prominent. The RCB would take up the space that would usually be a RBs responsibility.

Porro very much looks like a winger who was moved to WB rather than a RB that was moved forward b

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

i agree it’s disjointed but if we don’t buy them, people would complain Levy is not backing the manager

i agree it’s disjointed but if we don’t buy them, people would complain Levy is not backing the manager

Not that Levy pays any attention to us on these deals but he was getting absolutely slated all across the internet when the Porro deal was dragging on. Lots of "back the manager and just pay the money" type of sentiment.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Not that Levy pays any attention to us on these deals but he was getting absolutely slated all across the internet when the Porro deal was dragging on. Lots of "back the manager and just pay the money" type of sentiment.

Backing a manager with a specific system with a player that only really fits that specific system when it looks more than likely that the manager will be gone in a few months’ time and there isn’t a plan to replace him with a manager who plays a similar system is stupid. We’ve wasted large portions of our transfer budget doing this over and over.

It is great buying an expensive, good wing-back when you have a long term plan to play with wing-backs, idiotic to do so when you don’t (though I genuinely question whether we actually ever have a plan when it comes to the football side of the club).

Last edited:

We usually "don't"

Backing a manager with a specific system with a player that only really fits that specific system when it looks more than likely that the manager will be gone in a few months’ time and there isn’t a plan to replace him with a manager who plays a similar system is stupid. We’ve wasted large portions of our transfer budget doing this over and over. Great buying an expensive, good wing-back when you have a long term plan to play with wing-backs, idiotic to do so when you don’t (though I genuinely question whether we actually ever have a plan when it comes to the football side of the club).

pits so reactive rather than planned

Back