• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All aboard the Alex Scott hype train

Backing a manager with a specific system with a player that only really fits that specific system when it looks more than likely that the manager will be gone in a few months’ time and there isn’t a plan to replace him with a manager who plays a similar system is stupid. We’ve wasted large portions of our transfer budget doing this over and over.

It is great buying an expensive, good wing-back when you have a long term plan to play with wing-backs, idiotic to do so when you don’t (though I genuinely question whether we actually ever have a plan when it comes to the football side of the club).

I don't disagree. Thought it was odd at the time as not many managers play that system and it was clear in January that all was not well with Conte. But there was rabid abuse from the fan base of Levy for not getting the deal done.

I don't disagree. Thought it was odd at the time as not many managers play that system and it was clear in January that all was not well with Conte. But there was rabid abuse from the fan base of Levy for not getting the deal done.
There should be far more abuse for not having a coherent succession plan in place for the first team manager/coach.

Ok. What succession plan would you have for if ange doesn't work out?
Well if we buy several players for his system then another manager that plays an attacking, high defensive line, possession based 4 at the back system….. and if I wasn’t going to have Ange in charge of the club in only a few months’ time and wasn’t planning on bringing in a manager who played a similar style then I wouldn’t spend half my clubs transfer budget on a player that only really fits that one specific system, would you?!?

Well if we buy several players for his system then another manager that plays an attacking, high defensive line, possession based 4 at the back system….. and if I wasn’t going to have Ange in charge of the club in only a few months’ time and wasn’t planning on bringing in a manager who played a similar style then I wouldn’t spend half my clubs transfer budget on a player that only really fits that one specific system, would you?!?

Porro in particular was nuts, as about only us and Sporting in the whole of Europe still played that system. Luckily it looks like he'll be able to do a decent job at RWF, but we've fluked that really

Who?

Back