• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

They better not loan him out. He is about as ready for the Prem as you are going to be. He needs games now and we are crying out for more play from our wide Forwards. In Alex we have one who has proven his ability. So he better get in the team soon or at least be given a chance.

Pochettino said over the summer that Pritchard will be getting chances this year. I doubt he will be loaned out.

That is exactly what he said so I am inclined to agree with you

Warburton in his Rangers press conference today was asked what he thought of Pritchard. He said he would sign him on loan but was under the impression that he would get some first team game time with Spurs so it was a non-starter. He also said he would become a proper player. A great talent.

My gut feeling is that Pritchard will go the way of Kane. Poch will hesitate starting him in the Premier and keep him for EL matches where he will take the games by storm. This will force Poch to play him in the league where he will be a smashing success!

GHod, I hope you're right. It would be great to have a successful 1st team shot through with academy graduates. I did see - in the SHM videos - that he was in training with the first team.

My gut feeling is that Pritchard will go the way of Kane. Poch will hesitate starting him in the Premier and keep him for EL matches where he will take the games by storm. This will force Poch to play him in the league where he will be a smashing success!

Alternatively it could be seen as Poch easing him into what will be a long season, not putting too much pressure on him as he finds his feet and tempo so that he is actually coming to the peak of his game and is ready for the EPL (as decided by the manager rather than the fans) when he is introduced.

I think Kane might well have had a poor (been knackered) last 6 to 10 games if he had started the season straight away. Perhaps he would have never have got the red hot form he did and would now be on his way back to Leicester for £5m as he would have had a season to forget.

Maybe the manager knew what he was doing with Kane (& Pritch)?

Warburton in his Rangers press conference today was asked what he thought of Pritchard. He said he would sign him on loan but was under the impression that he would get some first team game time with Spurs so it was a non-starter. He also said he would become a proper player. A great talent.
Future Spurs manager I think (Warburton not Pritchard)

I think that piece is probably just speculative. They are putting two and two together and coming up with five, based on the fact that the only first team action he has seen so far is coming on as sub late on in the Everton game without considering that he missed a good chunk of pre-season due to injury and that Poch put him on the bench pretty much as soon as he was fully fit.

The first half of this season would be the wrong time to loan him out as we'll have Europa League games and (hopefully) a Carling Cup run (if we can overcome Arsenal in the 3rd round). Also if we were going to loan him out then I think we would've found him a Premier League club during the window.

It would make sense to me to keep him for the first half of the season and then based on how many games he has played assess whether or not a loan would be better for his development for the second half of the season. Although if we look at how many players we have in the squad for the 3 attacking midfield positions we are looking a little bit long with Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele, Son, N'Jie, Townsend, Pritchard and Lamela all competing for 3 spots - with Mason and Kane also able to play as the central number 10 type. Looking at that list I think the club probably wanted to move Lamela on in the Summer but couldn't find anyone to take him.

I watched him a bit at Brentford and was looking forward to seeing him in the first team in whatever competition. Hope you are right.

Back