• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Has all the ability the world but he does have not the physical characteristics that Pochettino is looking for.
He reminds me of Wes Hoolahan at Norwich. Amazing in that team but will never get any further in the English league because of the way its played.
I'd love to see Hoolahan as a number 10 at Spurs but Poch would rather have someone with the physique of a 400m runner.

You mean athletic types like Eriksen and Mason?

Thought there was a comment 10 days or so that he's still having problems with his ankle? He's not been playing for the U21s either anyway

Has all the ability the world but he does have not the physical characteristics that Pochettino is looking for.
He reminds me of Wes Hoolahan at Norwich. Amazing in that team but will never get any further in the English league because of the way its played.
I'd love to see Hoolahan as a number 10 at Spurs but Poch would rather have someone with the physique of a 400m runner.

"Physique is no substitute for skill "
super Spurs...18:13 20/9/2015

"Physique is no substitute for skill "
super Spurs...18:13 20/9/2015

So a manager who started Tom Carroll on Thursday and brought him on as a sub today would not pick Pritchard because of his physical characteristics?

Pritchard was unlucky to pick up a knock when he did, otherwise he may well have featured at some point on Thursday. Unfortunately for him, it is going to be difficult for him to force his way into the match day squad with Alli and Son taking their chance, Lamela looking better, Eriksen back and Dembele and Mason on their way back from injury.

So a manager who started Tom Carroll on Thursday and brought him on as a sub today would not pick Pritchard because of his physical characteristics?

Pritchard was unlucky to pick up a knock when he did, otherwise he may well have featured at some point on Thursday. Unfortunately for him, it is going to be difficult for him to force his way into the match day squad with Alli and Son taking their chance, Lamela looking better, Eriksen back and Dembele and Mason on their way back from injury.

I think he will still get chances over the season - once we get a bit of attacking rhythm going having so many fwd options will mean we can press and attack with the front 4 all game every game - but that's needs a big pool of players.

I think he will still get chances over the season - once we get a bit of attacking rhythm going having so many fwd options will mean we can press and attack with the front 4 all game every game - but that's needs a big pool of players.

I agree that he will get chances, probably in Europe to begin with. I do think that it will be tough for him to establish himself in the Premier League match day squad though, he will really need to grab any chances that he gets to force his way in.

Such good problems to have. Same time last year we were saying what utter brick our backup options (and even some of our first team options) were and now we can't seem to find playing time for players that we all rate. Loving it!

Just wanted to say how unlucky Pritch is that, just when Eriksen was out, he also was injured and unable to fill the vacancy...

Messi had growth hormone injections as a kid at Barcelona... Just wondering if we resort to such tech as the kids coming through our academy seems scrawny to me

Find it surprising that some people are rating Pritchard so highly. Is he really that good ? Remember we have had so many talented midfielders to come through our youths, only to go missing afterwards like Johnnie Jackson, Dean Marney etc. Is Pritchard any different for people to rate so highly ?

Back