• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Hear how he's tricky and skillful but not seen much of him what I want to know is does he have pace? I think we are seriously missing pace atm be great to get some in the starting XI in attacking positions

Hear how he's tricky and skillful but not seen much of him what I want to know is does he have pace? I think we are seriously missing pace atm be great to get some in the starting XI in attacking positions
He isn't very quick over 30-40 meters, but very quick turning and twisting with the ball. It also looks like he has that little extra pace when he is passing players with the ball to his feets.

So since the draw against Stoke all I've read is Pritchard get him in. Now I know nothing about the lad do here I am looking through his thread and find the obligatory YouTube vid. Is that what we are basing throwing him into the big time on? The time and space he had was incredible. Not having a go at the guy, I'm sure he will be fine player for us one day, but what's in that visor that would say he is ready to make a difference in the EPL?

So since the draw against Stoke all I've read is Pritchard get him in. Now I know nothing about the lad do here I am looking through his thread and find the obligatory YouTube vid. Is that what we are basing throwing him into the big time on? The time and space he had was incredible. Not having a go at the guy, I'm sure he will be fine player for us one day, but what's in that visor that would say he is ready to make a difference in the EPL?

There are plenty of players who were good in the championship doing well in the prem. Just check out some of the promoted Sides. Pritchard was in the Championship team of the season. Yes he is young and not played a premiership game yet, but that will only happen one way.

And lets look at this logically. The way Lamela and Chadli are playing the expectation levels are not that high at the moment. He has a great strike from outside the box and a wicked free kick. All things we could do with at the moment. For all our possession we are just not making enough chances.

Expectations aren't high? Some on here make it sound like he's going to tear it up.
I'm sure he will be a good player for us one day but IMV its to early to be heaping this on him.
Most promoted sides also go straight back down.

Yeah but he has already shown he is better than a promotion chasing/relegation fighting player

The lad needs games and time

Cannot wait to see this kid play in our colours!

p.s - I have high expectations of ALL our youth players.

Apparently The Mirror are reporting that Pritchard might be off to Norwich on a season-long loan. This would surprise me. The various things been said about him on the club website (not only when he signed the new contract, but in the weeks before that) seemed to suggest he would be part of the first team this season.

I guess (a) this could be all just media flimflam; or (b) the players we buy this week will reduce Pritchard's chances this year, but he'll be an (almost) guaranteed starter for a full season in the premier league at Norwich.

Probably (a).

Especially if the rumours of Lamela heading back to Italy are true.

Apparently The Mirror are reporting that Pritchard might be off to Norwich on a season-long loan. This would surprise me. The various things been said about him on the club website (not only when he signed the new contract, but in the weeks before that) seemed to suggest he would be part of the first team this season.

I guess (a) this could be all just media hogwash; or (b) the players we buy this week will reduce Pritchard's chances this year, but he'll be an (almost) guaranteed starter for a full season in the premier league at Norwich.

Probably (a).

Interesting! I think it is a as well, but I don't think a season of playing week in week out in the premier league would be a bad move either. It will all depend on what our incoming players are going to be I would imagine.

will be fine player for us one day.............doh.

one day.......this guy is ready now.. if a player has the skill..hes goodenough
anytime..and this player has it...
you would never have heard of Pele had he not been blooded into the Brazil Team..
he helped win the World cup at sixteen!

I think/hope he'll get a lot of playing time this year. It's been 5-6 months since Eriksen had an outstanding match for us.

IMO loaning Holtby last season was a big mistake - Paulinho then became our back-up #10 and Eriksen ended up completely burning himself out

I guess (a) this could be all just media hogwash; or (b) the players we buy this week will reduce Pritchard's chances this year, but he'll be an (almost) guaranteed starter for a full season in the premier league at Norwich.

Probably (a).

where is Yedlin?

I thought we loaned him out to Norwich, maybe im confused, but you can not loan two players to the same team.

Prichard had England scouts watching him last season. I dont think for one min he will be loaned out this year. If he stays I would expect him to make an impression and get an England call up before the end of the season.

Norwich on a season long loan ? Would be a shame, I want to see him getting some chances this season at us.

Last edited:
Well Derby asked and were flatly refused. A BPL loan could be tempting now we have him committed to a longer contract, but I reckon we will get some good games out of him this year.

Back