• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alessandro Bastoni

I think you need to take a much closer look at Conte’s system. The wide centre backs have to play a big part in our attacking play, especially in games where we’re not just reliant on counter attacks.

Fully agreed. Quality on the ball from all of our centre backs is very important if we're going to take a step up imo.

A single player at the back that's not really comfortable on the ball under a bit of pressure and we become so much easier to press, so much more predictable.

Would it be too much to ask for both Bastoni and bremer?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I don't think two centre back signings is too much to ask for. Bremer seems reasonably affordable. May tinkle of Inter if we really go for the player they (going by reports) want to sign to replace Bastoni as we're (perhaps) negotiating with them over Bastoni? The Bastoni deal looks difficult enough at it is.

I think the rumours with him is most likely Paratici working on multiple deals at the same time. I think it's fairly unlikely we get both. Though I do think two incoming centre backs could be possible.

Would it be too much to ask for both Bastoni and bremer?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
It will be a big ask to just get Bastoni. There has been literally zero signals from him he wants to move. People always claim ‘Oh he’s just saying that in the media’ but something seldom materialises. He is an Inter fan and at his young age there are hardly any examples of Italians moving to the PL, they tend to stay in Serie A until older. Just because we have Conte as manager doesn’t mean a young guy is going to move country. If I was a betting man I’d say we end up with Torres or one of the other targets Paratici has lined up….

With regard to Bremer:

Indeed, the Brazilian-born defender is just a few months away from becoming an Italian citizen, and, much like Jorginho before him, that would allow him the chance to play for the Italian national team should he wish to.

I still think this will happen, seems we are happy to pay the fee

I think a lot of him saying he doesn’t want to go is making sure he doesn’t look like the bad guy

With regard to Bremer:

Indeed, the Brazilian-born defender is just a few months away from becoming an Italian citizen, and, much like Jorginho before him, that would allow him the chance to play for the Italian national team should he wish to.

Indeed. He's definitely not leaving Italy this year for that reason.

I still think this will happen, seems we are happy to pay the fee

I think a lot of him saying he doesn’t want to go is making sure he doesn’t look like the bad guy
People say this about just about every player who doesn’t say they want to join us, it’s always ‘He’s just saying that in the media, doesn’t really mean it’ yet we hardly ever end up signing them.

He is an Inter fan. Inter are closer to winning the league than we are, and are in the CL. He is a young Italian, like I said tell me how many Italians around his age have moved to the PL? Not saying it’s impossible, but unlikely….

People say this about just about every player who doesn’t say they want to join us, it’s always ‘He’s just saying that in the media, doesn’t really mean it’ yet we hardly ever end up signing them.

He is an Inter fan. Inter are closer to winning the league than we are, and are in the CL. He is a young Italian, like I said tell me how many Italians around his age have moved to the PL? Not saying it’s impossible, but unlikely….

How many are looking likely to be forced out?

The fans are turning on the board it seems

If he’s an Inter fan it’s more likely he would do it

How many are looking likely to be forced out?

The fans are turning on the board it seems

If he’s an Inter fan it’s more likely he would do it
You can't force a player out who doesnt want to leave his club. The only way to try and force a player to leave is tell them they will be sitting in the reserves if they don't go. That obviously is not going to happen with Bastoni.....

Is he better than the replacement Bremer? Seen us linked with a few transfers before where sometimes the replacement has more potential. I like Kounde at Seville, he looks really good but sounds like he'll go to Chelsea.

It depends on Inters financial position. If they are forced to sell (someone), they will look around the squad and assess the monetary value and ability value to the club. Their hope being a customer comes into the shop and pays top whack for someone as far down the list, of players they'd like to stay, as possible.

Bastoni might be the player that hits that sweet spot and they'll tell him 'we need to sell you' ...'you will help the club more by going'.

It depends on Inters financial position. If they are forced to sell (someone), they will look around the squad and assess the monetary value and ability value to the club. Their hope being a customer comes into the shop and pays top whack for someone as far down the list, of players they'd like to stay, as possible.

Bastoni might be the player that hits that sweet spot and they'll tell him 'we need to sell you' ...'you will help the club more by going'.

I don't think it's "confirmed" but there's a lot of talk that they need to make around €60m profit each summer for the next few years to balance their books.

Getting €60m through the door early doors for Bastoni would give them some wriggle room to get other deals over the line during the window maybe, talk they want both Lukaku and Dybala in still, gonna need to do some work to get those both in.

You can't force a player out who doesnt want to leave his club. The only way to try and force a player to leave is tell them they will be sitting in the reserves if they don't go. That obviously is not going to happen with Bastoni.....

Depends how much they need the money, it’s being reported they do.

I don't think it's "confirmed" but there's a lot of talk that they need to make around €60m profit each summer for the next few years to balance their books.

Getting €60m through the door early doors for Bastoni would give them some wriggle room to get other deals over the line during the window maybe, talk they want both Lukaku and Dybala in still, gonna need to do some work to get those both in.

Rumoured they have to make €60m before the end of the month and also drop their wages. If true they'll have to make a move soon.

Think it's impossible to
Just because Bastoni would prefer to stay at Inter than move doesn't mean he won't move if the club want/need to sell him.

The rumblings make it seem to me as though it's a deal that will happen

Impossible to know what he thinks and actually want. Usually what we get through the media and agents are carefully considered statements purposefully designed to obfuscate.

We're seemingly still trying, there seemingly hasn't been a strong no from anyone involved. I agree with your assessment.

Back