• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alessandro Bastoni

I watched Bastoni in the last two games he played with Italy. For the £50-60 million we're supposed to be paying for him I was expecting some "wow" factor, but didn't see anything that outstanding from him. Granted it's only 2 games with the national team, but still. Add to that that he seems like the type of person who will likely need quite a bit of adjusting to a new country and we may not get to see the best of him for a while. Of course, we still have Davies, who is a solid LCB, but if we're paying such a large transfer fee, I would expect him to hit the ground running.

Bremer, on the other hand, is a beast of a defender and someone that could settle in relatively quickly. Not as silky on the ball, but I would rather someone who is a rock at the back than someone who can play out of the back. We have Dier, Romero, Perisic, and hopefully our new RWB who can do that. If our LCB can't, I wouldn't be too bothered. Bremer can also play on the left and, if we're really looking for a left footer, try for Badiashile. Have him understudy Davies and Bremer and be ready to slot in in a year or two. Total transfer cost may well be the same for these two as it would for Bastoni.

All of the above is just conjecture on my part, so feel free to poke holes in it (as if you need any encouragement!)

Has the physical attributes and with the Italian management team he will feel at home. But post Conte then what?

He’s not a Romero type character. More passive as expressed above. Thoughtful. Where Romero is instinctive, Bastoni is more like Vertongen. Just taller. You can see why we’re going all out to get him. We need a left sided CB. We need a tall commanding CB. So there aren’t many who meet the brief.

Has the physical attributes and with the Italian management team he will feel at home. But post Conte then what?

He’s not a Romero type character. More passive as expressed above. Thoughtful. Where Romero is instinctive, Bastoni is more like Vertongen. Just taller. You can see why we’re going all out to get him. We need a left sided CB. We need a tall commanding CB. So there aren’t many who meet the brief.
He doesn't strike me as commanding, but then again I have not analyzed hours of game tape of him. And Verts wasn't passive. I don't know if he was thoughtful, though. Haven't had a beer with him yet. :)

What makes it worse is that i have been posting stuff on here from his real account all week.
He's quite sneaky, I have to admit. Even has that blue balloon next to the name which can be easily confused for Twitter's verified account symbol. Well played to Mr. @fabrizioRoman1o

He doesn't strike me as commanding, but then again I have not analyzed hours of game tape of him. And Verts wasn't passive. I don't know if he was thoughtful, though. Haven't had a beer with him yet. :)

A more passive thoughtful character. He’s not fussed if he stays at Inter or joins us. A steady pro more in the mould of Verts. Commanding - mainly because of his physical attributes. 1.9m and pretty strong too.

A more passive thoughtful character. He’s not fussed if he stays at Inter or joins us. A steady pro more in the mould of Verts. Commanding - mainly because of his physical attributes. 1.9m and pretty strong too.
But from all the rumors it does sound that he is fussed about staying at Inter. I don't know, but someone who doesn't want to leave a declining Serie A to join one of the top 4 teams in the best league in the world doesn't fill me with confidence. He's already won everything there is to win in Italy with the team he loves, so not sure why he is so hesitant to step up a level. Hope I'm proven wrong and he turns out to be Romero Mk II.

He's quite sneaky, I have to admit. Even has that blue balloon next to the name which can be easily confused for Twitter's verified account symbol. Well played to Mr. @fabrizioRoman1o
Usually i see his posts on his official facebook account and then go over to twitter to share on here as it embeds but tonight i just typed in Bastoni on twitter and read what was trending. Will pay more attention next time.

But from all the rumors it does sound that he is fussed about staying at Inter. I don't know, but someone who doesn't want to leave a declining Serie A to join one of the top 4 teams in the best league in the world doesn't fill me with confidence. He's already won everything there is to win in Italy with the team he loves, so not sure why he is so hesitant to step up a level. Hope I'm proven wrong and he turns out to be Romero Mk II.

Agree with the first bit. Disagree with the second bit, and that’s the point: he’s more contemplative than Romero. Which should be complementary. Bastoni is not rash he’s quite happy to stay back at home as it were and defend. But yes I agree there is some concern he might be home sick or not fully behind the move. With the Italian management team he should feel right at home short term, so long as we keep Conte all should be peachy.

Agree with the first bit. Disagree with the second bit, and that’s the point: he’s more contemplative than Romero. Which should be complementary. Bastoni is not rash he’s quite happy to stay back at home as it were and defend. But yes I agree there is some concern he might be home sick or not fully behind the move. With the Italian management team he should feel right at home short term, so long as we keep Conte all should be peachy.
I guess my concern is what happens when Conte leaves. Shouldn't be relying on the manager to keep him playing at a high level. Romero was good under Nuno and was good under Conte.

I watched Bastoni in the last two games he played with Italy. For the £50-60 million we're supposed to be paying for him I was expecting some "wow" factor, but didn't see anything that outstanding from him. Granted it's only 2 games with the national team, but still. Add to that that he seems like the type of person who will likely need quite a bit of adjusting to a new country and we may not get to see the best of him for a while. Of course, we still have Davies, who is a solid LCB, but if we're paying such a large transfer fee, I would expect him to hit the ground running.

Bremer, on the other hand, is a hunk of burning love of a defender and someone that could settle in relatively quickly. Not as silky on the ball, but I would rather someone who is a rock at the back than someone who can play out of the back. We have Dier, Romero, Perisic, and hopefully our new RWB who can do that. If our LCB can't, I wouldn't be too bothered. Bremer can also play on the left and, if we're really looking for a left footer, try for Badiashile. Have him understudy Davies and Bremer and be ready to slot in in a year or two. Total transfer cost may well be the same for these two as it would for Bastoni.

All of the above is just conjecture on my part, so feel free to poke holes in it (as if you need any encouragement!)

No need to poke holes, just need to point out that it was Conte that first put him in the Inter Milan first team and that he became a key component of the team that won the title with the best defence in the league, and which last season missed out on the title by 2 points. I guess Conte has his reasons as to why he is desperate we sign him.

Bremer, on the other hand, is a hunk of burning love of a defender and someone that could settle in relatively quickly. Not as silky on the ball, but I would rather someone who is a rock at the back than someone who can play out of the back. We have Dier, Romero, Perisic, and hopefully our new RWB who can do that. If our LCB can't, I wouldn't be too bothered. Bremer can also play on the left and, if we're really looking for a left footer, try for Badiashile. Have him understudy Davies and Bremer and be ready to slot in in a year or two. Total transfer cost may well be the same for these two as it would for Bastoni.

I think you need to take a much closer look at Conte’s system. The wide centre backs have to play a big part in our attacking play, especially in games where we’re not just reliant on counter attacks.

Back