• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alessandro Bastoni

Screams of the Martinez links last window, Spurs in for him, big bid expected to be sent over / accepted, he may go due to the clubs financial issues... oh he doesn't want to leave, he loves Inter, here's a new contract.

Getting used by Inter and the agents to make it seem like it isn't a big fire sale again.

Last year's news isn't as fresh :)

Facts are: left-footed, technically probably better with the ball at his feet than Bastoni (?), 191cms so 1cm taller than Bastoni. Torres probably isn't as strong, is a bit lighter weight than Bastoni. But he's another home boy, will he want to come to London?
He is as a good as bastoni with the ball
But in the air he is about as useful as Sanchez

Last year's news isn't as fresh :)

Facts are: left-footed, technically probably better with the ball at his feet than Bastoni (?), 191cms so 1cm taller than Bastoni. Torres probably isn't as strong, is a bit lighter weight than Bastoni. But he's another home boy, will he want to come to London?

He said in December he rejected us last summer so he could play CL with Villarreal but now they are no longer in the CL I suspect he will see now as the time to move and treble his money.

We need an lcb, so we might aswell get as good as we can. Whether or not that means spending £50m or not will be up to the club.
That doesn’t answer my question though, are these players significantly better than Davies?

That doesn’t answer my question though, are these players significantly better than Davies?

I don't think they are, I'd rather spend stellar money on the wingbacks but maybe the top ceiling players in those positions are not available this summer or don't exist. Don't seem to be linked to any so far anyway. Or spend the big money in CM.

Interesting you say that about Pau as a lot of observers think he’s the best of all the ones out there for the lcb role.

Think he's quality on the ball. Good defensively too, doesn't get to that level without being at least good defensively.

Mainly concerned about his lacking physical presence. It's less of a concern in a back three than in a back four, still think it's a reasonable concern.

If we sign him I definitely want to be proven wrong. No doubt he has quality in other areas, two years left on his contract (I think) and with the possibility of a deal involving GLC it could be financially sensible perhaps.

Not against signing him, but the PL can be a rough experience for centre backs that are relatively easy to bully.

I don't think they are, I'd rather spend stellar money on the wingbacks but maybe the top ceiling players in those positions are not available this summer or don't exist. Don't seem to be linked to any so far anyway. Or spend the big money in CM.

We got one in perisic.

He is as a good as bastoni with the ball
But in the air he is about as useful as Sanchez

And we are missing a CB with height who can command the air. Can see why Bastoni was our first choice. Still at 191cms even if he can't jump he adds something. Romero by comparison is 185cms, Davies 181cms.

And we are missing a CB with height who can command the air. Can see why Bastoni was our first choice. Still at 191cms even if he can't jump he adds something. Romero by comparison is 185cms, Davies 181cms.
He doesn’t jump
The hush got the tools but in the air he would get done by moura
Romero isn’t great in the air
Davies is good
Torres… awful

I don't know how accurate that quote is, but if it is accurate, it doesn't totally convince me. It still sounds like a statement to protect the player - he'll stay at Inter; he has a contract; he's happy to stay. If his agent had said the player is happy, and Inter are not going to sell him/force him to leave, that would be definitive. Still sounds like it's possible to me.

I don't know how accurate that quote is, but if it is accurate, it doesn't totally convince me. It still sounds like a statement to protect the player - he'll stay at Inter; he has a contract; he's happy to stay. If his agent had said the player is happy, and Inter are not going to sell him/force him to leave, that would be definitive. Still sounds like it's possible to me.

They had a meeting with the club today. His agent said it straight after. Widely reported so seems pretty accurate.

Back