• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alen Halilovic

If this boy is all he is hyped up to be then we should really go back in and try and negotiate a different deal, maybe one which means a longer stay at his current club. If we are being stonewalled then I know there are dark and sinister forces at work and no one will convince me otherwise. NO ONE!!!

Having made a (reportedly) concrete offer and tried to negotiate a deal this summer could help us down the line. If his folks, his agent and Halilovic himself are serious about finding him the right club when the time comes to move then having shown a real long term interest could benefit us.

Not too bothered about Jedvaj if he moves to Roma or something like that, would seem to me that Halilovic was the one we were really after if that was the case. Surely having agreed a deal for both of them we could have agreed a fee for just one of them if just one of them wanted to agree a move at this time?

Having made a (reportedly) concrete offer and tried to negotiate a deal this summer could help us down the line. If his folks, his agent and Halilovic himself are serious about finding him the right club when the time comes to move then having shown a real long term interest could benefit us.

Not too bothered about Jedvaj if he moves to Roma or something like that, would seem to me that Halilovic was the one we were really after if that was the case. Surely having agreed a deal for both of them we could have agreed a fee for just one of them if just one of them wanted to agree a move at this time?

Baldini set the Jedvaj deal up for Roma before he left. Then Baldini comes to Spurs and Spurs try to make the double deal with both Jedvaj and Halilovic. Id say that indeed we did want him but he simply turned us down just like Halilovic did. They didnt want to join Spurs, now or in 1 or 2 years time

I see what you are trying to say but I think it's unlikely this deal will come off now as the door is open to many potential suitors. If Halilovic has any future intentions of joining Spurs we probably needed to pin him down to some sort of contract now. Another one that got away I'd say. Obviously I would love to be proved wrong and Spurs are furiously renegotiating things but I doubt it.

I think you are right on Jedi. Just a makeweight in the original deal by the sounds of it.

Baldini set the Jedvaj deal up for Roma before he left. Then Baldini comes to Spurs and Spurs try to make the double deal with both Jedvaj and Halilovic. Id say that indeed we did want him but he simply turned us down just like Halilovic did. They didnt want to join Spurs, now or in 1 or 2 years time

I think it's a lot more simple than that. Most of what you read in the papers is speculation or flimflam. Until it comes from an official Spurs source, don't take any stories linking us to a player seriously or think we are anywhere near closing the deal.

That's possible of course. Impossible to know really.

I see what you are trying to say but I think it's unlikely this deal will come off now as the door is open to many potential suitors. If Halilovic has any future intentions of joining Spurs we probably needed to pin him down to some sort of contract now. Another one that got away I'd say. Obviously I would love to be proved wrong and Spurs are furiously renegotiating things but I doubt it.

I think you are right on Jedi. Just a makeweight in the original deal by the sounds of it.

I don't think we'll be renegotiating at this point. Could be one that got away, but at least we tried. I think our interest this window might help us at a future date, especially if it's true that their main reason for rejecting us was that they think it's better for his development not to sign a deal at this point.

@AlexHoliga reckons the rumours are he could move this summer after all, with Arsenal the likeliest destination.

@AlexHoliga reckons the rumours are he could move this summer after all, with Arsenal the likeliest destination.

but but but his daddy said he wanted his boy to remain in Zagreb for another few years 8-[

Copied from SC:

http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/zdravko...icem-zbog-pregovora-s-gazdom-spursa-/1118880/

(^^^ in Croatian)

Zdravko Mamic and Daniel Levy reportedly met in Dubrovnik (Croatia) to discuss the sale of Alen Halilovic. Apparently the two (Mamic and Levy) were spotted together today in the city. It's the same place they met to do the Modric deal. How true this is (and there may be some on here who can immediately confirm that it is rubbish), I have no idea.

Mamic was supposed to board a plane with Dinamo for their match against Sheriff (played Wednesday night), but mysteriously left the airport just before take-off. It is being suggested now that the reason was to meet with Levy.

The article is clearly based on speculation, but who knows.

We'll be getting his younger brother as well apparently who's supposed to be a star in the making, in fact I think he has two younger brothers. Both would go into our academy. Buy one get two free.

This Croat report says we are in Croation to finalise the deal for Halilovic. Deal close apparently.

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/26885-esclusiva-halilovic-tottenham-no-stop-e-brozovic

Obligatory curious translation

The Tottenham is Dubrovnick to close the deal Halilovic . Already on June 30 there had talked about this little gem of Croatian Dinamo Zagreb . At the time the deal was also inserted Jedvajthen passed to Rome . But the number one goal is just Halilovic and to take him to EnglandDaniel Levy , chairman of Tottenham , is planning to bring to the table something like € 16 million plus bonuses. The agreement in principle is there. But Dinamo Zagreb presidentMamic , in addition to talentino class '96, proposed to Tottenham playmaker also Brozovic .And today the meeting between the two sides will resume at exactly 14. Levy , a number of the Spurs, and slingshots to Dubrovnick precisely define the negotiation on these two jewels of Dinamo blasting the appointment in Miami with the Real for ' deal Bale . If on Halilovic understanding there is now, today, in the early afternoon, the talks will resume to Brozovic . The Tottenham of Villas Boas tip on the green line.

Back