• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alen Halilovic

Yes it looks like your right, I didn't recognize the name at first since they are all similar. Lazy journalism.

Or lazy eyes? :-k

At the end of June there were claims throughout Croatia that Tottenham had already signed the youngster and his team mate Tin Jedvaj in a double deal worth €20m. That turned out to be incorrect and Jedvaj, a young defender, actually moved to Roma in July.

His situation is complicated and could be made more murky by third party ownership, at the end of June when the rumours of a double surfaced, we wrote the following:

'Yesterday there were reports in Croatia that Tottenham Hotspur were about to secure the signings of two Croatian wonderkids. Website 24Sata, which is a big source for Croatian football news (they were ahead with much of Modric stuff), said that the club were looking to buy both Tin Jedvaj and Alen Halilovic. They claimed the signings were almost complete but that Spurs would let them continue in Croatia until at least the winter transfer window, partly because of work permit issues and because they would continue to develop at their current club.

Today Sportske Jutarnji said the deal had been finalised for Alen Halilovic (pictured above) and Tin Jedvaj, they even spoke to Dinamo club president Mirko Barisic. Jedvaj is a defender and is just 17 years old, his current contract runs until 2014, meaning Dinamo Zagreb may have been pushed to cash in. Alen Halilovic, also 17, expires next summer too, putting the club in a tricky situation.

:)

Again, Halilovic's family didn't give their blessing to the Tottenham deal. Again. Sejad (Alen's father) didn't give in, in spite of hours of negotiating with Zdravko Mamic. Both sides left with a handshake and with the promise that they would take a "time out" until next week.

Spurs are reportedly ready to offer 15m euros + predetermined bonuses which would (potentially) add up to 20m.

The family apparently doesn't want him to play for Tottenham's "reserves", nor do they want him to stay with Dinamo on loan. Again, they don't want him to stagnate under Jurcic. Apparently Sejad made that very clear to Mamic today.

They feel that if he's getting this kind of treatment/minutes now, what will it be like when he's not even (technically) a Dinamo player. Jurcic apparently called out Halilovic at half-time of a match and berated him in front of his teammates. This left Alen on the verge of tears (again, could be true, but don't put too much stalk into these kinds of reports/rhetoric - I'm saying this from experience).

He's been subbed off at half of a few games this season, and this also hasn't settled well with the family.

Nothing more than that. The (Croatian) media is really starting to target Jurcic lately. This is often a sign of things to come. They are using Halilovic's treatment and potential transfer as a way of undermining him.

You can see why Italy is a natural destination for young Croatian talent. Its a few hours drive away, the same climate and not far to get home.

But this maybe about playing time. We won't guarantee 1st team playing time, you can't do that - if performances are rubbish etc. However, he looks like a talent and that he could come on as a sub for Lennon, and prove himself. While getting some starts in the cup games. Here's hoping we seal this one. He could excel at Spurs.

I don't want players who need guarantees about first team places. I want players with the attitude that they will fight for their place, that they will give their all to DESERVE to play.

That comment is made in general. I would love us to sign Halilovic but I would rather he left this wanting to be a guaranteed starter idea behind. If those comments are indeed true.

I don't want players who need guarantees about first team places. I want players with the attitude that they will fight for their place, that they will give their all to DESERVE to play.

That comment is made in general. I would love us to sign Halilovic but I would rather he left this wanting to be a guaranteed starter idea behind. If those comments are indeed true.

If you're referring the comments in Rossi's post then I think what was said there was perfectly reasonable.

His dad wants him to play first team football at a fairly high level. He's not talking about being a guaranteed starter, just that he doesn't want his kid to play for the reserves or sit around being unwanted in Zagreb for a year because they already got paid.

Will make the deal a lot more difficult though as I doubt he's ready for being a first team regular for us.

According to @AlexHoliga, the father is a member of the coaching staff at Dinamo, and he feels the boy is stagnating there, which is why they don't like the idea of his staying there another year. On the other hand, he can't move to UK until he turns 18, so it's an awkward situation. Meanwhile, Mamić wants to get the best price he can for him now, because he's worried that, with more poor performances this season, his value will drop. Sounds like we might look to buy him and loan him out to another European side, if we can agree it. Either that, or he'll go straight to Italy or somewhere, like Jedvaj.

According to @AlexHoliga, the father is a member of the coaching staff at Dinamo, and he feels the boy is stagnating there, which is why they don't like the idea of his staying there another year. On the other hand, he can't move to UK until he turns 18, so it's an awkward situation. Meanwhile, Mamić wants to get the best price he can for him now, because he's worried that, with more poor performances this season, his value will drop. Sounds like we might look to buy him and loan him out to another European side, if we can agree it. Either that, or he'll go straight to Italy or somewhere, like Jedvaj.

Thanks for that.

why not??

Back