• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alen Halilovic

To be fair I think this is nothing to do with our reputation in Croatia - we bloody well made Modric into the player that Real Madrid wanted - no matter that there was a bit of a fight - you have to remember that at no point following his move has Modric spoken badly of Spurs or what we did for him.

I think the move collapsing has everything to do with a (sensible) decision by Halilovic's family that he is too young and too inexperienced to make such a decision. Even if he stays a year until he is 18 that is still a very young age. Although I'm dissapointed I can only respect their decision as to be honest, what is better for Halilovic in my opinion is sticking with Dinamo, building experience and then considering where he stands. Afterall, Modric stayed with Dinamo until he was 22 before joining us.

Makes sense for them - I mean if we were going to loan him back for a year then why not wait a year and decide them instead of committing now.

Yeah, really for Halilovic and his family unless we were going to offer them ridiculous terms, which lets face it we won't, its a no-brainer to just sit and wait until the next summer and see where they're at then.

well considering the fact that Spurs were planning to let Halilovic stay in Zagreb for another year makes a mockery of his family's reason for not going ahead with the deal. Imo the boy or the family didnt want to come to Spurs

I wouldn't be surprised that we told the families to get new agents after we signed them. Don't want to deal with the Croat Mafiaoso.

well considering the fact that Spurs were planning to let Halilovic stay in Zagreb for another year makes a mockery of his family's reason for not going ahead with the deal. Imo the boy or the family didnt want to come to Spurs

Like others have pointed out, why agree to a deal now when Halilovic for example can wait a year and then decide?

Very few players establish themselves and get regular PL football at our level at 18. Halilovic as the (reportedly) biggest talent and an attacking midfielder might get somewhat regular game time, but what 18 year old central defender would get regular games for us at centre back?

Seems at least somewhat likely that at least Jedvaj and possibly Halilovic would have ended up going out on loan after joining us, they've preferred to be patient and continue their development where they know they can improve and where they know they'll get games. Shame for us, but it seems like a fine decision for them.

Had it been Chelsea that wanted them everyone here would be applauding their decision.

Really? So staying for another year and still being forced to come to London when he's 17 makes a mockery of the reason?

GHod, some of you are cynical. There are a myriad of good reasons for not joining spurs. Being ridiculously young, wanting to stay a.few more years to develop as a player by actually playing 1st team football and (potentially) if he's as good as people say, grow as a player and then get a move to a club bigger than Spurs in a few years time all sound like pretty good ones to me

Cynical much?

They're both 17 for fudges sake, even if they signed 5 year contracts they could move on a free to whoever in their early twenties and make a ton of money.

If they're only concerned about making money and they have half a brain their focus should be the same, trying to get as good at football as possible. They both probably have 15+ year careers ahead of them to do that, even doubling their immediate wages will make very little relative difference to how much money they'll make overall.

----------

I wonder what this means for us. Perhaps we could be back in for Bernard? If we had this kind of money to throw around towards getting youngsters surely we'll try to secure some other players. With Villa lost Bernard could be perfect for an immediate impact as well as being a player with the potential to be "the next Bale".

Wind your neck in sunshine. I thought the deal involved them staying out there on loan? surely it would not make any difference to their development if they stayed there on loan then come to us when ready?

Wind your neck in sunshine. I thought the deal involved them staying out there on loan? surely it would not make any difference to their development if they stayed there on loan then come to us when ready?

They wouldn't be staying there until they were ready, at least what was reported was that they would both be joining us when they turned 18. January for Jedvaj and next summer for Halilovic.

Like P.D. and NWND already pointed out why not just wait until they are ready to move abroad and then make their decision based on where they are then?

I was not aware that usage of the expression "for fudges sake" in an internet discussion constituted sticking my neck out. Consider my neck wound in.

il be very interested to hear peoples views if either of these two move abroad in the next year

il be very interested to hear peoples views if either of these two move abroad in the next year

If they sign for Shaktar or PSG for example this window or in January then I think making some assumptions about what motivated that move seems fair.

Until that happens making assumptions about what motivated them to reject our offer seems like jumping to conclusions.

I'm definitely going to try keep an eye out for him and his career. Could be another one of those 'Missed opportunities' if we don't sign him. I wonder if that's it then and we've simply given up or if we are going to try meet some sort of agreement.

I'm definitely going to try keep an eye out for him and his career. Could be another one of those 'Missed opportunities' if we don't sign him. I wonder if that's it then and we've simply given up or if we are going to try meet some sort of agreement.

If this boy is all he is hyped up to be then we should really go back in and try and negotiate a different deal, maybe one which means a longer stay at his current club. If we are being stonewalled then I know there are dark and sinister forces at work and no one will convince me otherwise. NO ONE!!!

If this boy is all he is hyped up to be then we should really go back in and try and negotiate a different deal, maybe one which means a longer stay at his current club. If we are being stonewalled then I know there are dark and sinister forces at work and no one will convince me otherwise. NO ONE!!!

yeah, this is a good idea imo

They wouldn't be staying there until they were ready, at least what was reported was that they would both be joining us when they turned 18. January for Jedvaj and next summer for Halilovic.

Like P.D. and NWND already pointed out why not just wait until they are ready to move abroad and then make their decision based on where they are then?

I was not aware that usage of the expression "for fudges sake" in an internet discussion constituted sticking my neck out. Consider my neck wound in.

I stand by my original statement, if 1 of the big boys come in for them they will move this summer.

If they sign for Shaktar or PSG for example this window or in January then I think making some assumptions about what motivated that move seems fair.

Until that happens making assumptions about what motivated them to reject our offer seems like jumping to conclusions.

well it looks like one has already had a sudden change of heart ;) ...................

Roma have agreed a €5m transfer for Dinamo Zagreb’s teenage defender Tin Jedvaj, beating Tottenham.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the 17-year-old is already at the Trigoria training ground in Rome for a medical.

The Giallorossi will hand over €5m plus 20 per cent of any future sale, while the player is set to sign a five-year contract.

Centre-back Jedvaj played 13 games for Dinamo Zagreb in the HNL last season, scoring one goal.

He had also been of interest to Tottenham and the Croatian club had confirmed negotiations last week.

well it looks like one has already had a sudden change of heart ;) ...................

Roma have agreed a €5m transfer for Dinamo Zagreb’s teenage defender Tin Jedvaj, beating Tottenham.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the 17-year-old is already at the Trigoria training ground in Rome for a medical.

The Giallorossi will hand over €5m plus 20 per cent of any future sale, while the player is set to sign a five-year contract.

Centre-back Jedvaj played 13 games for Dinamo Zagreb in the HNL last season, scoring one goal.

He had also been of interest to Tottenham and the Croatian club had confirmed negotiations last week.

Sky Sport Italia is about as unreliable as you can get.

Back