• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adrian Rabiot

Archer, Townsend, Gayle.. Pretty much majority of those that lived in Walthamstow /Chingford

But they wouldn't know about potential signings in this instance.

Interesting you mention Townsend, as he was in the know on the George Thorne permanent deal in the summer. Didn't have connections with any of the clubs involved but knew because he was mates with George.

TBF he played and scored in their defeat to Bastia last weekend...and was a late sub in their win against St Etienne on Tuesday.

However your general doubts are fair when you put them like that...

5 league games including sub appearances isn't a lot

Don't get me wrong they have brought in some great payers but for a player on the fringes of their team it's a deal that should have been dine for January 1st

Will be also to pointless loaning him at the end of Jan with 4 months left but Bentelab to return from the ACN.

Don't get me wrong they have brought in some great payers but for a player on the fringes of their team it's a deal that should have been dine for January 1st

Will be also to pointless loaning him at the end of Jan with 4 months left but Bentelab to return from the ACN.

It sounds like the sticking point is the option to buy or not. I'm guessing that Rabiot wants out or game time, and Spurs want the option to buy but PSG are hedging their bets. Otherwise I think this deal may be across the line already.

PSG are in a very chaotic situation. Two players (Lavezzi and Cavani) returning late to training after the winter break and being left out for their first two games as punishment, both linked away. Several other players reportedly unhappy and looking for moves. A manager that probably still has his job more due to the lack of available top class replacements than anything else.

To think that we would just swoop in to that and agree a favourable deal including an option to buy after a loan move by January first seems deluded to me.

Seems very likely that at least some of the higher ups at PSG thinks that Rabiot could be a great player in the future and don't want to agree a deal with an option for the summer. We're not all that interested in a loan deal without an option.

As I've said repeatedly. I don't see why people are expecting a 19 year old kid from the French league with limited match fitness to be able to come straight in on a loan deal and replace Bentaleb in our team. We've seen Stambouli, Fazio and Ben Davies take months to get up to speed and settled in, but this player with much less experience was a viable option to just come in and replace Bentaleb short term? Please...

PSG are in a very chaotic situation. Two players (Lavezzi and Cavani) returning late to training after the winter break and being left out for their first two games as punishment, both linked away. Several other players reportedly unhappy and looking for moves. A manager that probably still has his job more due to the lack of available top class replacements than anything else.

To think that we would just swoop in to that and agree a favourable deal including an option to buy after a loan move by January first seems deluded to me.

Seems very likely that at least some of the higher ups at PSG thinks that Rabiot could be a great player in the future and don't want to agree a deal with an option for the summer. We're not all that interested in a loan deal without an option.

As I've said repeatedly. I don't see why people are expecting a 19 year old kid from the French league with limited match fitness to be able to come straight in on a loan deal and replace Bentaleb in our team. We've seen Stambouli, Fazio and Ben Davies take months to get up to speed and settled in, but this player with much less experience was a viable option to just come in and replace Bentaleb short term? Please...

It just seems to be a pointless signing full stop then.

If they didn't rate him so highly and this had legs then he would be here now.

If they rate him so highly that they won't have a sell on deal, then were not interested by the looks of it...

Mumorn, can you give an update from your 'source' re this Rabiot loan.

I'd also like to see your responses to BE and BedfordSpurs scepticism as well

The latest is a quite brilliant "all but done", meaning he can have been right either way depending on how you look at the phrase

I didn't know Mumorn was ITK. I do hope he is being straight with us. And it's not a relapse. Having done penance and been rehabilitated.

I've never seen this guy play so I can't honestly say what the attraction would be. What I can say is what I've said earlier... It smells to me of paper bull**** purely because if they were happy to let him go on loan it would have been agreed a lot earlier

I've never seen this guy play so I can't honestly say what the attraction would be. What I can say is what I've said earlier... It smells to me of paper bull**** purely because if they were happy to let him go on loan it would have been agreed a lot earlier

They aren't happy to let him go, but there's a clause in his contract that means he can. If we just wanted him on loan it would have been done, but we want an option to buy, which we are highly unlikely to get.

It just seems to be a pointless signing full stop then.

If they didn't rate him so highly and this had legs then he would be here now.

If they rate him so highly that they won't have a sell on deal, then were not interested by the looks of it...

It's a difficult deal because he's a talented player so we try our best, if we can't get it done we try someone else?

Tottenham go cold on Adrien Rabiot interest; latest on Motta and Chantôme

According to both L’Équipe and Le Parisien this morning, Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur have lost interest in signing PSG youngster Adrien Rabiot on loan until the end of the season without an option to buy.

As a result, Rabiot is expected to remain at PSG this month, as is Thiago Motta.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...rabiot-interest-latest-on-motta-and-chantome/

Oh. And the obvious reason we haven't signed him yet is that his name is misspelled in the thread title...

It's Adrien not Adriaaaaan....

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...-to-sign-midfielder-is-facing-underhand-games

"PSG aren't playing ball. The clause didn't stipulate when in the window he'd be allowed to leave and by dragging things out the French club have frustrated Tottenham enough for the deal not to be really worth it for them any longer. PSG could push the situation so far that no club deems it worth trying to get Rabiot."

It's worth reading the whole article because Roma are involved in this and that may explain why the reported Chiriches deal did not go through.

This miraculous clause that is quoted by some seriously low rent media... Who knows everything that's going on at PSG!!!

It's impressive I have to say

and you'd think that the lawyers on both sides would have clarified the trigger point in a contract.

I have no idea whether there is any truth in the rumours or not but if they are, he wouldn't be the first player to sign a badly worded contract.

Back