• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue...

then you agree with my initial reply to MF then. [/b]

Yes. I can see why people might've had reservations as it would've been our record transfer fee at the time. I don't understand why many of the people who didn't want Benteke were happy for us to sign Soldado for the same price though....

Back on topic, I don't see how we can let Adebayor go in our current state. He hasn't played for awhile but we will need another striker at some point this season and it doesn't look like we are buying one. People assuming we are letting Ade go you are comfortable finishing the season with just Kane and Soldado? IMO I would rather hope that Ade comes back into form than hope for Soldado to magically hit soem useful form. Putting it simple one as shown he can do it for us the other hasn't.

Kaboul I think we are better position to let go. We have Jan and Fazio who have formed a good partnership and then Dier and Chiriches for cover. That should be enough cover at CB.

Capoue is just a terrible footballer and we should take any offer on the table. I don't see the point in keeping him for "depth" because if he plays at all we are fooked

Capoue is an international footballer with a decent amount of composure, technical ability, and most importantly football intelligence on the defensive end

for those reasons we cant and shouldnt get rid of him...he is a squad player.

Have to be honest at one point it was clear that his defensive awareness was above all but Sandro. capoue positionally was really good. i dont think he has lost that

he shouldnt be sold IMO...hwo will we replace him? it must be incredibly hard to replace a squad player of that calibre

Capoue is an international footballer with a decent amount of composure, technical ability, and most importantly football intelligence on the defensive end

Have to be honest at one point it was clear that his defensive awareness was above all but Sandro. capoue positionally was really good. i dont think he has lost that

he shouldnt be sold IMO...hwo will we replace him? it must be incredibly hard to replace a squad player of that calibre

I have to respectfully disagree I think his positional sense is not nearly good enough. Bentaleb who is younger already seems to have a better sense. He did have a few good games (Scum game springs to mind) but with his lack of technical ability I don't think his positioning is good enough to validate a place in the squad

Couldn't care if he was Davids. If Pochettino has an issue with him that cant be resolved, he's better off sold.
These players have to know that for once they will not last longer at the club than a manager/head coach.
There's no point in having the likes of Capoue at the club if he's not even going to get into the match day squad.
He have a talented young defensive midfielder/centre half in Veljkovic. Deadwood should not be blocking his path in a season of transition.

I would sell Capoue at this transfer window for nothing else but the fact that we can get a decent fee on his (January sells are always at a premium)

Kaboul and Ade I would keep unless someone really good materialises - highly unlikely IMHO

Also this is meaningless. He's played 1 competitive game for France at home to Belarus.

Capoue? Frankly, he's a bit of a melt. Does my head in. Flatters to deceive would be the polite way of putting it, waster would be the most accurate. He has undoubted talent, but he is a waster who will never fulfill his potential, at least not with us. Be delighted to see him sold. And Younes. And Ade.

Yup. Out with all three of them . Capoue showed his total incompetence for me when he let the Loverpool full back run virtually half the pitch unchallenged before he scored. Crappoo never even tried to engage him till it was far too late. That sums him up for me. A waste of space.

Poch SEEMS to have handled the (alleged) insubordination really well. He has marginalized the players who in his eyes upset the balance of the squad (probably put two of them of balance by making them captain and vice-captain) and then went about the job of getting his squad working for him. Machia-tino in effect!!!!

Poch SEEMS to have handled the (alleged) insubordination really well. He has marginalized the players who in his eyes upset the balance of the squad (probably put two of them of balance by making them captain and vice-captain) and then went about the job of getting his squad working for him. Machia-tino in effect!!!!

Or...

Poch is nothing of the scheming type you are making him out and simply gave the captaincy to Kaboul because he was the most senior player and Ade the vice captaincy for the same reason only to be faced with their revolt and, seeing their insubordination, did what any manager would do if his authority was challenged... binned them!

Or...

Poch is nothing of the scheming type you are making him out and simply gave the captaincy to Kaboul because he was the most senior player and Ade the vice captaincy for the same reason only to be faced with their revolt and, seeing their insubordination, did what any manager would do if his authority was challenged... binned them!
Sounds much more plausible.

Or...

I'm with Maltese on this.

Weren't Kaboul and Capoue on the bench in recent games too?

So far Poch has dealt with players very logically and trying out new players. Maybe there has been some unrest but I doubt it's the main reason why the current line up looks as such.

Probably other factors eg. Potential sale and avoiding players getting hurt play a part too.

I have to respectfully disagree I think his positional sense is not nearly good enough. Bentaleb who is younger already seems to have a better sense. He did have a few good games (Scum game springs to mind) but with his lack of technical ability I don't think his positioning is good enough to validate a place in the squad

fair enough mate

Couldn't care if he was Davids. If Pochettino has an issue with him that cant be resolved, he's better off sold.
These players have to know that for once they will not last longer at the club than a manager/head coach.
There's no point in having the likes of Capoue at the club if he's not even going to get into the match day squad.
He have a talented young defensive midfielder/centre half in Veljkovic. Deadwood should not be blocking his path in a season of transition.

so what you're saying now is that Veljkovic will play better than capoue if given the chance?
for the defensive midfield spot thats a tall order. If poch has a problem with Capoue then you are right he should be sold but i am going on footballing ability here. As a SQUAD player Capoue is actually near top of the line for a club in our position. I just dont see how we easily replace a defensive / positionally sound and intelligent player for the DM spot like capoue

so what you're saying now is that Veljkovic will play better than capoue if given the chance?
for the defensive midfield spot thats a tall order. If poch has a problem with Capoue then you are right he should be sold but i am going on footballing ability here. As a SQUAD player Capoue is actually near top of the line for a club in our position. I just dont see how we easily replace a defensive / positionally sound and intelligent player for the DM spot like capoue

I don't see capoue as that. I see a player who has played there on a poor league

I don't see capoue as that. I see a player who has played there on a poor league

Here in the premier league, at least for me personally, he showed clear and distinct skills at being a good defensive position-er and a very niche knack of being able to intercept the ball

and he has done this , again for me at least in this league

Here in the premier league, at least for me personally, he showed clear and distinct skills at being a good defensive position-er and a very niche knack of being able to intercept the ball

and he has done this , again for me at least in this league

I used to like Capoue, but he has gone downhill rapidly after a good start.

The number of times he lets attacker run past him it's almost scandalous that he often doesn't show any urgency to stop it. He just seemed quite lazy tbh.

Since he has been dropped we haven't been full-proof at the back, but we are certainly much more resiliant. He needs to force his way back imo and that can only be good for the team if that happens. But for now, he has to stay on the bench/out of the matchday squad.

If we are able to get a clear upgrade on him (i.e. Schniederlin, De Jong and the like) then we should do it.

I used to like Capoue, but he has gone downhill rapidly after a good start.

The number of times he lets attacker run past him it's almost scandalous that he often doesn't show any urgency to stop it. He just seemed quite lazy tbh.

Since he has been dropped we haven't been full-proof at the back, but we are certainly much more resiliant. He needs to force his way back imo and that can only be good for the team if that happens. But for now, he has to stay on the bench/out of the matchday squad.

If we are able to get a clear upgrade on him (i.e. Schniederlin, De Jong and the like) then we should do it.

how are you going to get those guys to be squad players?

Who? Do you mean the likes of Schneiderlin/De Jong?

yeah. you are replacing a squad player yes?

or you're upgrading one? in which case you would definitely upset the balance / back room harmony (something that i am always surprised very few people factor in) of the team.

not saying that we should never upgrade but you have to upgrade with a clear and distinct first team that will get ahead of the pack ...either that or you sign someone that knows they are a squad player.

does schneiderlin and Jong know they are only coming here to make up the numbers?

Back