• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue...

On the radio it said Verts and Kaboul had a big bust up on the pitch tonight. I wonder if that had anything to do with this business?

Out of interest, which of them captained the team?
It was a bit of a bust up.... Not as big as Noble and Tompkins one last night at West Ham. I think the root cause of it was simply Kaboul being out of position so often.

Personally I still think the rumours of the dressing room problems at Spurs had no truth in them.

there might have been, but i think its impact has been exaggerated.

i wasn't there at the fa cup burnley game but players arguing on the pitch with kaboul is a reversal of the tide... kaboul used to be mouthing off the whole game regardless the scoreline in the early part of the season when he'd just been made captain

We really need to get rid of Kaboul now, that was one of the worst displays by a CB I have seen by a Spurs player in years.

He can not go a game with out making 3/4 major mistakes.

this is what he thinks about your comment:

24B3AC6700000578-2910425-image-a-31_1421269281269.jpg

Finney is right. The argument with Vertonghen was about Kaboul's frankly ludicrous positioning throughout the first half.

There was a subsequent argument between Kaboul and Vorm in the second half.

I think there is no smoke without fire in this case. After the kaboul - verts argument was watching them closely and they didnt speak the entire rest of the game. Burnley had a corner 5mins after the incident and there wasnt anything said between anybody bar stambouli and capoue swapping about 3 words. I was expecting us to concede there was so little communication. Kaboul managed to look even more p***ed off than Verts last year throughout the game, ending up with the Vorm argument.

Also didnt know what to make of Chiriches cupping his ear to our fans when he scored. Plenty of noise coming from our lot and to me it looked more like a pointed remark, than a call for more support.

I think there is no smoke without fire in this case. After the kaboul - verts argument was watching them closely and they didnt speak the entire rest of the game. Burnley had a corner 5mins after the incident and there wasnt anything said between anybody bar stambouli and capoue swapping about 3 words. I was expecting us to concede there was so little communication. Kaboul managed to look even more p***ed off than Verts last year throughout the game, ending up with the Vorm argument.

For me the most noticeable thing was how immediately Verts sprung out of his malaise and back to his good old self following the post-Stoke incident.

Since then he's been a model pro - committed, enthusiastic - and has been rewarded by Poch with the captains armband (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine?).

Last night must have just been a relapse to the bad times for him. It's kind of the danger of keeping the 'bad eggs' around any longer than we have to.

It was great to hear the crowd unanimously sided with Verts anyway. I don't think Kaboul will play another minute for us now.

For me the most noticeable thing was how immediately Verts sprung out of his malaise and back to his good old self following the post-Stoke incident.

Since then he's been a model pro - committed, enthusiastic - and has been rewarded by Poch with the captains armband (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine?).

Last night must have just been a relapse to the bad times for him. It's kind of the danger of keeping the 'bad eggs' around any longer than we have to.

It was great to hear the crowd unanimously sided with Verts anyway. I don't think Kaboul will play another minute for us now.

It wasn't unanimous or even necessarily taking sides. Immediately after the "Super Jan...." song, there was an (albeit shorter and quieter) rendition of "Kaboom is on fire" from the same Park Lane / 1882 section that had sung for Jan.

But I think that most in the stadium realised that Jan was justified in *******ing Kaboul for his indisciplined and brainless positioning.

It wasn't unanimous or even necessarily taking sides. Immediately after the "Super Jan...." song, there was an (albeit shorter and quieter) rendition of "Kaboom is on fire" from the same Park Lane / 1882 section that had sung for Jan.

But I think that most in the stadium realised that Jan was justified in *******ing Kaboul for his indisciplined and brainless positioning.

Ok. I wasn't there - was just going on Windy's match report.

Ok. I wasn't there - was just going on Windy's match report.

At the time i was fully in support of Jan - Although on reflection felt a bit sorry for Kaboul. He hasnt really done anything wrong apart from his performances, and is the club captain. However it really looked like our 2nd team of internationals had some splits in.

Agree Vertonghen i thought was gone last year and would have been happy to shift him due to his attitude causing problems. However appears that he has been far more committed recently, although if ever the phrase "Not suited to a relegation scrap" suited anybody i think it would be him. Comes across as a bit temperamental.

I was amazed that A) Kaboul played B) remained on the pitch for 2nd half, really think Dier deserves some playing time at CB to allow him to become 3rd/4th regular choice. With Chiriches having been pushed to RB to minimise the risk, if Vertonghen got injured we could have a back line of Rose Fazio Kaboul Chiriches *shudders

When he started, I think Younes looked like he felt this was going to be a stroll around in the park for him, you know back in the side against a tired Burnley, him with the armband, all that stuff...and he was ****e for the first half! Deserved to be *******ed! Second-half he was better but also his general presence seemed a little toned down, wings-clipped sort of thing maybe...having said that, we pressed harder, pushed higher and shut the match down once we went 4-2 up, to the point Vorm was virtually unemployed for the last 25 mins...

I am staggered that Adebayor played today. That's all three of them that have played recently.

Very odd. I thought they would be sold in January... unless Poch is trying to put them in the shop window.

Adebayor seemed OK today, tried his best.

Players put themselves in the shop window when they are playing, coaches don't just play players so other teams notice them. At the end of the day there is nothing more than rumours with what happened, there probably was an incident but probably exaggerated. Kaboul is left out because he's not very good, the other two have something to offer....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

So about these 3 being cast out of the club -- all b0ll0cks then. Adebayor did quite well today as it goes. I didn't see Capoue the other night, but he got himself a goal. Certainly doesn't seem as if they have stopped playing for Poch, whatever has gone on.

What's allegedly happened? If it can't be posted here, can someone PM me please?

Some sort of bust up between these 3 and younger players in the squad, Poch sided with the younger players. But it seems to have been blown up as more than what it was, if it was ever anything at all.

The only thing about Ade, which I mentioned in the match thread, is that we all know that when he has a contract to play for, his performances are generally very good; when he's signed a contract and has nothing to play for, he's cr@p.

I'd still sell him however in the event there are no takers in this window, at least he has something to play for over the next few months so may, I repeat may, play well

The spine of the team, three senior players, of which two are captain and vice captain , are dropped simultaneously from the first eleven and there's people that still think nothing went on behind the scenes? :-k

Back