• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue...

If someone of Shchneiderlin or De Jongs talent was to be signed then clearly they would be challenging for a first team spot with Bentaleb/Mason/Dembele . They shouldnt be given any guarantee of being in the first team and those picked would be done so on merit. We have enough cup games to satisy 4 CMF's

yeah. you are replacing a squad player yes?

or you're upgrading one? in which case you would definitely upset the balance / back room harmony (something that i am always surprised very few people factor in) of the team.

not saying that we should never upgrade but you have to upgrade with a clear and distinct first team that will get ahead of the pack ...either that or you sign someone that knows they are a squad player.

does schneiderlin and Jong know they are only coming here to make up the numbers?

I would be signing a Schneiderlin/De Jong to be an upgrade on Capoue and go into the first team and provide a much better defensive shield in front of the back four (what Capoue is supposed to be doing but has been failing to).

Bentaleb and Mason have stepped up well, but need to have some guidance going forward imo; Whilst they have been better at one-touch passsing and moving the ball forward they haven't been the best at shielding the back-four imo and they wil inevitably have a dip at some point or suffer from fatigue. Stambouli can also compete with them and the new guy for those central positions just in front of the back four.
I'd then sell Capoue if we can. Imo he has had more than enough chances in that position to stake his claim and just hasn't done so.

I'd then sell Capoue if we can. Imo he has had more than enough chances in that position to stake his claim and just hasn't done so.

I think the point that most people are completely missing is

- Poch obviously believes he has seen enough of these 3 and doesn't trust them to even be squad/bench players

That's it, from a business/team perspective, the best thing is to move/shift these 3 (and Benny) as quickly as possible.

If someone of Shchneiderlin or De Jongs talent was to be signed then clearly they would be challenging for a first team spot with Bentaleb/Mason/Dembele . They shouldnt be given any guarantee of being in the first team and those picked would be done so on merit. We have enough cup games to satisy 4 CMF's

you'll never have a happy well functioning dressing room like that.

For my money, Capoue would be biggest fraud I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt, if it wasn't for the fact that Paulinho has been here throughout his time too.

He has no redeeming qualities. None.

I'd happily release him now on a free.

For my money, Capoue would be biggest fraud I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt, if it wasn't for the fact that Paulinho has been here throughout his time too.

He has no redeeming qualities. None.

I'd happily release him now on a free.

Some would add Soldado to that list, not because he hasn't been trying, he has - very!

I don't agree that it would upset the dressing room by getting another quality CM in. If anything, it will give the squad a lift, show we mean business after an indifferent start to the season. Considering these 3 have been bombed out for their bad attitude as well as poor performance, I'd be happy to see the back of all of them right now.

Quotes and all...

Tottenham reject bid for out-of-favour defender
Tottenham have rejected a move by Besiktas for Younes Kaboul, according to the Express

The 29 year-old has failed to feature since early November, but the Turkish club have failed to agree terms with the ( :-k)

Besiktas vice-president Ahmet Nur Cebi said:”Younes Kaboul was on our shortlist but unfortunately we have not been able to agree on price.

“I do not see this transfer as being financially viable, we cannot meet the price Tottenham want for him, the only way this deal can go ahead is if we agree on price.”

The asking price was not made public, but you would expect Kaboul would be looking to move on considering he is seemingly fourth or fifth choice in the pecking order at presence, behind Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Federico Fazio, and possibly even Vlad Chiriches.

Quotes and all...
Tottenham reject bid for out-of-favour defender
Tottenham have rejected a move by Besiktas for Younes Kaboul, according to the Express

The 29 year-old has failed to feature since early November, but the Turkish club have failed to agree terms with the ( )

Besiktas vice-president Ahmet Nur Cebi said:”Younes Kaboul was on our shortlist but unfortunately we have not been able to agree on price.

“I do not see this transfer as being financially viable, we cannot meet the price Tottenham want for him, the only way this deal can go ahead is if we agree on price.”

The asking price was not made public, but you would expect Kaboul would be looking to move on considering he is seemingly fourth or fifth choice in the pecking order at presence, behind Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Federico Fazio, and possibly even Vlad Chiriches.​
£1? :lol:

In all seriousness I am guessing that we would simply want the fee to cover any remaining loyalty payments we would have to pay Youness?

**** me how can we even ask a fee for that donkey just get rid and be happy someone is prepared to take his wages off our bill

I don't know.

He's 29 (not old for a CB), we paid £9m for him and he's theoretically got 18 months on his contract (though we don't have to extend for the extra year)

Transfermarkt (which is fairly scientific/objective) value him at £5.7m

I think we should try and get £10m for him and Chiriches combined (maybe £3m YK and £7m VC). That would allow us to get Moreno with change.

I don't know.

He's 29 (not old for a CB), we paid £9m for him and he's theoretically got 18 months on his contract (though we don't have to extend for the extra year)

Transfermarkt (which is fairly scientific/objective) value him at £5.7m

I think we should try and get £10m for him and Chiriches combined (maybe £3m YK and £7m VC). That would allow us to get Moreno with change.

I thought we didn't actually buy Kaboul back, we just wrote off what Pompey owed us for him as they were so skint

On the radio it said Verts and Kaboul had a big bust up on the pitch tonight. I wonder if that had anything to do with this business?

Out of interest, which of them captained the team?

On the radio it said Verts and Kaboul had a big bust up on the pitch tonight. I wonder if that had anything to do with this business?

Out of interest, which of them captained the team?

I heard that as well and came to the same conclusion. Kaboul was captain tonight.

It could have all gone wrong but Poch just about got away with it imo

Back