• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Was thinking about this quote from Eriksen earlier when thinking about Traore at Spurs:

Take the intuition out, use his athleticism to create the space for Son/Kane, execute the prepared plans... could see how it may possibly work out.

Agreed, including the possibly bit.

Think his ability to do the defensive part of the WB role might also be a concern. If we do sign him I'm assuming plenty of thought has been put to that.

Conte is quite experienced now at drilling players into his system. He's been rather successful at that, but of course won't succeed every time with every player.

To what extent can he and Paratici predict which players will respond and which will keep intuitioning away ad nauseum?

Can't imagine Traore would be the easiest to drill in a new system, but what do I know.

Agreed, including the possibly bit.

Think his ability to do the defensive part of the WB role might also be a concern. If we do sign him I'm assuming plenty of thought has been put to that.

Conte is quite experienced now at drilling players into his system. He's been rather successful at that, but of course won't succeed every time with every player.

To what extent can he and Paratici predict which players will respond and which will keep intuitioning away ad nauseum?

Can't imagine Traore would be the easiest to drill in a new system, but what do I know.

I'd like to think that we should be in good hands with Conte but it's always a gamble.

I guess we're assuming this link is for RWB as opposed to someone to compete with Moura due to how Conte has made wingers into RWB previously, I did find an article where it was mentioned thatvTraore was playing RWB under Nuno for a bit, when Doherty was injured a few years ago. So maybe it's not going to be that big a task IF we signed him.

I'd like to think that we should be in good hands with Conte but it's always a gamble.

I guess we're assuming this link is for RWB as opposed to someone to compete with Moura due to how Conte has made wingers into RWB previously, I did find an article where it was mentioned thatvTraore was playing RWB under Nuno for a bit, when Doherty was injured a few years ago. So maybe it's not going to be that big a task IF we signed him.

Yeah, definitely has played that role in the past.

Seeing what Conte has done with our squad so far compared to Nuno makes me think there's at least a decent chance that he gets more out of Traore too.

You know around 29th January there will be a tweet from his agent where he says he is flattered with the interest but believes he is a striker and has no interest in being a wing back

I wanted him as a teenager when villa were relegated. Thought Poch could turn him into a weapon, and he’d be a far better sub than Njie etc.

I think there is still potential there at 24. He defo needs a good coach to get the most from him. I always thought he could play on the left and perfect the Hazard move of cutting in to the edge of the box, and using his pace to make space for a shot on his right foot. He doesn’t have a bad shot, but often needs to slow down more. Something Hazard used to do well - keep extra pace in reserve. He’ll never be technically brilliant, but he does have decent technique. And his dribbling is second to none. so I would t mind us signing him for a low figure and would be curious to see if Conte can harness his ability - I think he could make something of him.
Yeah, he'd keep the ball boys fit as a fiddle!

I’ve googled his highlights reels looking for crosses… I’ve struggled to find anything to note TBH. That’s quite worrying as he had a spell of getting assists
I've never seen him as a player with good delivery and I've watched a hell of a lot of him over the years. Maybe I just missed it, but I couldn't say that was a strength of his game at all. His biggest weakness is his decision making ie. what balls to play and when to play them that leads directly into his poor assist numbers.

I don't know if I understand the logic of giving him more to think about defensively and hoping that he at the same time improves his delivery. [emoji848]

I've never seen him as a player with good delivery and I've watched a hell of a lot of him over the years. Maybe I just missed it, but I couldn't say that was a strength of his game at all. His biggest weakness is his decision making ie. what balls to play and when to play them that leads directly into his poor assist numbers.

I don't know if I understand the logic of giving him more to think about defensively and hoping that he at the same time improves his delivery. [emoji848]
Changing his game at both ends…

I dont want him, but if it happens because Conte wants him, you have to bite your lip and back the manager. I thought at my age I would never have to go buy baby oil ... but it looks like I may just have to.

I think he does create quite a few chances for Wolves but they don't put them away. Poor assist numbers can also be a sign of inadequate converters.
Just thinking of our game against Wolves where he set up maybe three scoring opportunities that were just missed by his colleagues.
Playing under Conte and with our squad, you've got to expect that the movement and options Traore would be given would be on another level.

If we can get him for ~£20 million now, with maybe Doherty going the other way as part of the deal, it seems much much more palatable than the apparent £40 million move in the summer.

I think he does create quite a few chances for Wolves but they don't put them away. Poor assist numbers can also be a sign of inadequate converters.
Just thinking of our game against Wolves where he set up maybe three scoring opportunities that were just missed by his colleagues.
Playing under Conte and with our squad, you've got to expect that the movement and options Traore would be given would be on another level.

If we can get him for ~£20 million now, with maybe Doherty going the other way as part of the deal, it seems much much more palatable than the apparent £40 million move in the summer.

£13-16m + Doherty = Nothing to lose.

Whether Conte can bring him on remains to be seen. But at the very least he is an impact sub. Helped win the game yesterday, which would have probably been a draw without him.

£13-16m + Doherty = Nothing to lose.

Whether Conte can bring him on remains to be seen. But at the very least he is an impact sub. Helped win the game yesterday, which would have probably been a draw without him.

You buy cheap, you buy three times. It's just more deadwood and wages/OS squad places we can't shift come the next window.

The first time i saw this guy was when he came on as sub against us back in 2016? for Boro. I remember saying to the guy sat next to me he can sure run fast but as the game went on that is all he could do. Now 5 years later he can still only run fast. Brain dead by the looks of it.

Surprised we've not been linked with the moroccon guy at ajax. Out of contract in the summer. On low wages. Might be a cheaper alternative.

Surprised we've not been linked with the moroccon guy at ajax. Out of contract in the summer. On low wages. Might be a cheaper alternative.

Noussair Mazraoui. He's excellent, I'm surprised that we haven't been linked too.

If we do buy him it wouldn't be primarily for the quality of his delivery. Though he does have some quality there that Emerson doesn't.

His main strength is being able to go past players with ease. That brings a very different dimension to the options at currently have.

Is that's enough to warrant signing him, I'm not sure. But I think I can understand some of the thinking behind it if there's substance to the rumours. That's obviously a solid if.

If we do buy him it wouldn't be primarily for the quality of his delivery. Though he does have some quality there that Emerson doesn't.

His main strength is being able to go past players with ease. That brings a very different dimension to the options at currently have.

Is that's enough to warrant signing him, I'm not sure. But I think I can understand some of the thinking behind it if there's substance to the rumours. That's obviously a solid if.

Having observed many of our games where we repeatedly shuttle the ball across the pitch with the bulk of the opposition between us and the goal, there's something to be said for a player who can help smash through a defensive line if we don't have the subtle knifing pass in our armoury, or it's being defended against too well.

Back