• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

If you’re going to completely disregard Braineclipse’s answer then why bother asking the question?

I’m not a mod by any stretch and as such I guess I have no place telling others how to have a productive discussion but my word this place has been frustrating of late.

You’re having a discussion about a player with someone and then stating “please just watch him play” as if Braineclipse hasn’t. It’s this “if we see things differently I’m 100% right and you must be imagining things” attitude, which seems to parallel general discourse IRL these days.

How much finesse did Victor Moses have to his game when he was a major part of Conte’s PL winning team? Wasn’t exactly a hoddle / cryuff hybrid, and Spurs are not too good for pace and power.
Mr and Braineclipse have had loads of convos I doubt he would take the view you have regarding what I said. It's a figure of speech not a claim he's never actually watched him. [emoji1787]

@Lost Mango has already made some great points re a Victor Moses comparison. Victor Moses is not the rod to use in this conversation.

Mr and Braineclipse have had loads of convos I doubt he would take the view you have regarding what I said. It's a figure of speech not a claim he's never actually watched him. [emoji1787]

@Lost Mango has already made some great points re a Victor Moses comparison. Victor Moses is not the rod to use in this conversation.

Okay Donald. Must be nice talking to reasonable, intelligent posters like Braineclipse, try making the most of it.

Edit - Disclaimer - I realise I myself have become rather unproductive in what I was posting so appreciate if I get called out etc

Last edited:
Have you seen his first touch and decision making .... this obsession with Adama is a joke
I don't rate him at all. But he does seem to have a freak skill set around his physicality and ball shielding. I just wondered if there's a long term coaching project there to turn him into a Dembele (whose decision making pre-Poch was also pretty poor).

I don't think he's worth more than a few million though, and I don't think we should go anywhere near Mendez players either

I don’t get why we get sucked in to thinking we would be interested in players with us having multiple managers. Nuno i get but we now have a new manager and the chances of both managers liking the same player are very slim. I reckon we will be having this discussion for the next 2 years even if we have had another 3 or 4 new managers. Seems to be something people do on here.

Hes one of these players who you think is going to tear us apart when he plays against us but it rarely results in an end product. Bit like Danny Rose but not as nasty or as good in the tackle.

Not sure what his official position is bit Understat has him listed as a RWF.

The comparison to Moura does not show him in good light:

Screenshot_20220101-115414_Chrome.jpg

About a decade ago it was Stewart Downing who we were linked with e v e r y single window
Now its Traore
We were still getting lazy Berahino links when he'd dropped down to the Belgian second division. He was Kane's greatest striker partner after all...

Not sure what his official position is bit Understat has him listed as a RWF.

The comparison to Moura does not show him in good light:

View attachment 13428

Not a good look.

I believe part of that is due to the role he often played under Nuno at least. Real wide right, Doherty primarily supporting through underlapping runs.

That's not the only reason of course. No doubt his end product hasn't been good enough.

Why did he get so big, and why didn't anyone tell him to lay off the weights? I dont remember him being that massive at Villa and Boro.. or was he?

Contract is up in 18 months' time so conceivable that the fee will be lower if they're worried about him walking in summer 2023

As an impact sub and for £20m, I guess he'd be worth it - I'd prefer to see us sign a creative player though. Who does he replace in the squad? Gil or Bergwijn I suppose? I cant see that we need Traora, Gil, Moura and Bergwijn

Contract is up in 18 months' time so conceivable that the fee will be lower if they're worried about him walking in summer 2023

As an impact sub and for £20m, I guess he'd be worth it - I'd prefer to see us sign a creative player though. Who does he replace in the squad? Gil or Bergwijn I suppose? I cant see that we need Traora, Gil, Moura and Bergwijn

Suspect he’d be signed to play wing back and would replace Doherty. A good option to start against teams we’d expect to dominate and a good bench option if royal starts.

Back