• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Thing that stuck me about that video is the amount of times he's on the end of a pass in behind the oppo full-back and the amount of times he's in situations where he's one on one with the full-back. We don't get into situations like that anymore and we don't seem to play those kind of passes anymore.

He's not been better or worse than our other midfielders to be honest. Always guaranteed to put in a shift though.

Townsend is more adventurous and fun to watch but he actually offers very little. I'm still not convinced by him to be honest

But Walcott is actually a very good player who scores a decent amount of goals?

There are 4 unfortunate things for me regarding Lennon:
He needs quite specific styles of play to look consistently good
He takes a while after coming back from injury to get back to his best
He doesn't seem to have the pace/ heart/ bravery to consistently take players on anymore
He is a player that relies heavily on pace to do his best work. He's not getting any younger....

Townsend offers so much more than Lennon and at least Townsend can actually go past a player. We should have sold Lennon a long time ago in my opinion. His goal record is diabolical even for a winger. You expect wingers to get lots of assists yet he is not even good at that. 28 games, 1 goal and 2 assists says all you need to know about him.

ok I've outed Wenger and Sven as lurkers on here, I can't for the life of me think of 2 more people on the planet who rate Walcott, can't be him himself as he's to young to sign up

ok which one of you is his wife?

ok I've outed Wenger and Sven as lurkers on here, I can't for the life of me think of 2 more people on the planet who rate Walcott, can't be him himself as he's to young to sign up

ok which one of you is his wife?

2010 called, they want their opinions back :)

I just don't get why he does not start more 1-2s. Run with the ball, lay it off, keep running and take the return pass. He should model himself on some of the smaller fast technical players. I think he could play a game more like David Silva, rather than only rely on his wing play. But he need to feel comfortable in possession and then dictate the play. At the moment, once Lennon's passed the ball, he rarely shows for it again. Instead he needs to drive, pass, collect, pass or shoot. If he could add that to his game, he would take a big step.

Back