• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd Place or FA Cup?

3rd Place or FA Cup

• Finishing in 3rd Place

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
Agreed.

As painful as defeat in the final would be, it's time that we broke that semi final hoodoo.

Plus, an FA Cup final appearance would be worth, at a guess, an added ?ú2-3 million to the club. Not to be sneezed at.

I had a feeling we would lose to Pompey so I wasn't that upset when we lost. Same goes for when we lost to Arsenal at Old Trafford. The other three really hurt though.

I had a feeling we would lose to Pompey so I wasn't that upset when we lost. Same goes for when we lost to Arsenal at Old Trafford. The other three really hurt though.

They all hurt me!

Worst was 1993, because it was against that lot and because we were the better team at the time (and on the day). Should have had a pen when Anderton was brought down.

1995 was just horrible from start to finish. The team never turned up.

1999 was all about one handball given against Campbell and another not given against Dabizas. Mitigated somewhat by Arsenal being beaten by Giggs' wonder goal after Bergkamp missed a penalty in the other semi.

2001 as you say, was an inevitable loss. They were so superior at the time. But still gutting.

2010 was a real kick in the teeth. We had no luck that day. Ref and pitch conspired to beat us. And then Wilson picking up a two match ban for reaching his tenth yellow card of the season in the dying minutes - in the final match before the yellow card amnesty kicked in. Seemed like the final nail in the coffin of our season but turned out to be a blessing in disguise as Thudd and Luka proved to be an outstanding midfield combo in that crucial run of victories against Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

3 of the 5 we've been on wrong end of a dodgy decision. still waiting for all these things to even themselves out

I have us winning 6 of the last 11 games, drawing 2 and losing 3. That would put us on 73 points which means Arsenal would need to win 8 out of their last 11 games. If we win 7 and draw 2, then I can't see them catching us.

I have us winning 6 of the last 11 games, drawing 2 and losing 3. That would put us on 73 points which means Arsenal would need to win 8 out of their last 11 games. If we win 7 and draw 2, then I can't see them catching us.

How the players react to possibly dropping to 4th, hopefully for only 25 hours, could be a key factor. I can possibly see that scenario arising before the Swansea game, as Arsenal play their game at QPR on the Saturday night.

How the players react to possibly dropping to 4th, hopefully for only 25 hours, could be a key factor. I can possibly see that scenario arising before the Swansea game, as Arsenal play their game at QPR on the Saturday night.

I think we will lose at Chelsea, Sunderland and probably Bolton. It will be like two seasons ago when us and City kept swapping between 4th and 5th until the end of the season.

I think we will lose at Chelsea, Sunderland and probably Bolton. It will be like two seasons ago when us and City kept swapping between 4th and 5th until the end of the season.

As I remember it, we were in 4th for most of that season. Only a few, short periods when City were ahead of us.

As I remember it, we were in 4th for most of that season. Only a few, short periods when City were ahead of us.

no we only looked likely to finish 4th after beating arsenal and chelsea in successive games. if you remember coming out of wembley it got worse with city battering brum 5-1 that afternoon following them putting 6 past burnley the previous week and wiping out a huge GD advantage we had. villa still were realistically involved as well.

back in february after losing to wolves we looked miles out of it. something like 5 or 6 points behind the 4th team and maybe played a game more too.

Latecomer to this thread but to the 30 people voting for 3rd place over the fa cup....Seriously?!?!?!

In this case, finishing 4th means collapsing and conceding a 10 point lead to those cnuts down the road so that they can celebrate St Totteringam's day again.

In this case, finishing 4th means collapsing and conceding a 10 point lead to those cnuts down the road so that they can celebrate St Totteringam's day again.

I fail to understand why so many give a brick about where the Arse finish, its all about what Spurs do for me :-k

Let them celebrate st Totteringams day, whilst we celebrate actually winning something.

Get some more trophies in our cabinet whilst they get some more spreadsheets that bode well for the future to toss over.

I would take the F.A Cup but we are going to look right planks if we finish 4th behind the scum.

Let them celebrate st Totteringams day, whilst we celebrate actually winning something.

Get some more trophies in our cabinet whilst they get some more spreadsheets that bode well for the future to toss over.

Indeed we take the tinkle out of the Arse for not winning anything, but it would seem there are Spurs fan that want us to do the same.

There was a very interesting point raised on the Fighting **** today where two guys said that in a scenario where if Arsenal were to win, Spurs would win the league, they would rather Arsenal lost. I found this point absurd and wondered what others thought?

Back