• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd Place or FA Cup?

3rd Place or FA Cup

• Finishing in 3rd Place

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
And if you get your head out of you arse you will find my first post was num 21 on page two.

Well if you took your head out of yours, you wouldnt need to write something like:

I fail to understand why so many give a brick about where the Arse finish, its all about what Spurs do for me

Because you would see that thats not the point people are trying to make.

I understand the people who want a cup, I just disagree about what would be better at this stage of the season. Not sure why you need to act bitchy, its just a hyperthetical question

Last edited:
Well if you took your head out of yours, you wouldnt need to write something like:

I fail to understand why so many give a brick about where the Arse finish, its all about what Spurs do for me

Appreciate the apology :-"

Why not stick to the subject?

Do you think anyone has valid points regarding 3rd over the FA Cup?

I think those who would take the cup have a very valid argument.

Let me say what i have already said earlier in the debate, i understand the need to finish in the top four but the game is about winning things and glory. I would rather finish forth and win the FA Cup with the Arse getting third, then finish Third, win nothing and the Arse getting forth.

I personally could not give a brick about what the Arse do or not do, and i fail to understand why SOME fans care about finishing higher then them rather then us winning a trophy.

Last edited:
i blame it all on platini. that's always a good idea if all else fails. :p

5 years ago or whenever it was when 3rd and 4th both had to qualify we wouldn't be having this argument

100% right parklane1

Not at all. We are the number one that's correct. It's all about finishing above the scum. There's no fudging way I'd take 4th and a cup right now if it meant scum celebrate their stupid St Totteringhams day. Any spurs fan should want to finish above them ****s and if you don't...well..lost for words.

Maybe park lane doesn't have any scum supporting pals cos I don't want them lot taking the tinkle yes again.

finishing above arsenal just for the sake of it is so irrelevant.

sounding like west ham fans who would throw a party if they finished 13th and we were 14th

gate money at Cat A prices would be miles more surely. think's it about ?ú800K per place in the prem at the moment

Yep.

Even if the difference in prize money between 3rd and 4th was ?ú1m, we'd still make more money from a CL playoff. We'd take in excess of ?ú1.5 million from gate money alone. We'd also get, I'd guess, a further ?ú500K or so from TV for the two games. Various other little earners as well, no doubt (sponsorship, merchandise sales, programmes, catering etc).

That's not to say that 3rd wouldn't still be preferable.

finishing above arsenal just for the sake of it is so irrelevant.

sounding like west ham fans who would throw a party if they finished 13th and we were 14th

It's not 'just for the sake of it' though is it? It would mean throwing a 10 point lead away and hearing their fans sing '10 points...and you fudged it up'

Wanting to give up success for your own club just to see your rivals fail? Definition of a small club mentality for me.

Its not to see anyone fail. Forget arsenal.

Its about NOT capitulating and choking for the run in. Its about convincing our top players we have a mentality to compete....as well as targets in the summer. Its about finishing as Londons top club, and the phsycological advantage that gives us next season for a real title challenge.

Its about qualifying directly for the CL, and going into the transfer window as a CL club. Its about attracting the attention of sponsers and investors at an important time in our stadium project.

Its about not being eclipsed by City within one year, who were our rivals for 4th just yesterday. Its about proving you can improve and fight, and hold your own within your own means.....and taking the next step in our improvment with our highest ever PL finish. Maybe convincing Harry to stay, and build.

Its about all the things that being an elite club, reguarly competing for the title and challenging in the CL bring.......and thats trying to win trophies.

Some people would just sacrifice the FA Cup this one year, for that.
To clarify, I was responding to the specific point southstand1882 made when he said "I'd rather we finished 5th and Arsenal 6th, than finish 4th behind them" which is definitely putting the failure of a rival above the success of your own club. I should have quoted him, apologies :)

I understand the people who want a cup, I just disagree about what would be better at this stage of the season. Not sure why you need to act bitchy, its just a hyperthetical question

Err......you should read the thread more carefully, fella.

parklane1's post was in direct response to this post by yiddo2786:

In this case, finishing 4th means collapsing and conceding a 10 point lead to those cnuts down the road so that they can celebrate St Totteringam's day again.

You might only be arguing that this is all about Spurs not collapsing regardless of what Arsenal do but it is not what yiddo2786 was arguing.

Consequently, parklane1's response to yiddo2786 was entirely valid and to the point. Your criticism of parklane1's response wasn't.

Its not to see anyone fail. Forget arsenal.

Its about NOT capitulating and choking for the run in. Its about convincing our top players we have a mentality to compete....as well as targets in the summer. Its about finishing as Londons top club, and the phsycological advantage that gives us next season for a real title challenge.

Its about qualifying directly for the CL, and going into the transfer window as a CL club. Its about attracting the attention of sponsers and investors at an important time in our stadium project.

Its about not being eclipsed by City within one year, who were our rivals for 4th just yesterday. Its about proving you can improve and fight, and hold your own within your own means.....and taking the next step in our improvment with our highest ever PL finish. Maybe convincing Harry to stay, and build.

Its about all the things that being an elite club, reguarly competing for the title and challenging in the CL bring.......and thats trying to win trophies.

Some people would just sacrifice the FA Cup this one year, for that.

Again, you need to read the thread more carefully before commenting, fella.

EJG's post was in direct response to southstand1882's post about preferring Spurs to finish 5th and Arsenal 6th than Spurs 4th and Arsenal 3rd.

totman, of course there are valid arguments as to why 3rd is much more preferable to 4th but some people on here clearly want 3rd simply to avoid some feeble abuse from mindless gooners. you get that all time supporting spurs anyway.

i'll take 4th and every time. couldn't care less what fans of what other clubs might say or think

Again, you need to read the thread more carefully before commenting, fella.

EJG's post was in direct response to southstand1882's post about preferring Spurs to finish 5th and Arsenal 6th than Spurs 4th and Arsenal 3rd.

Helps if they actually quote then if their responses are so specific

Back