• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

First time I've seen Alli in the pre-season training photo's. He was in the fitness shots early on, but not the game situation ones and he's been missing from the friendlies thus far. I'd assume he's been out with a minor injury.

Oduwa looks like he's really trying to make a case for his inclusion in the squad this season, he's generally looked our biggest threat and seems to be involved in a lot of good stuff. I think in that last highlights clip he played all across the front line and maybe even as the centre forward at one stage. So far he has reminded me of Mason during the last pre-season in that he's taking his opportunity and actually showing he can offer something.

I think Dier also got a full 90 under his belt, playing the first half at CM alongside Bentaleb and the second at CM alongside CCV.

Summary:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/brentford-friendly-report-220715/

I've noticed in these last two friendlies that Soldado hasn't featured and Coulthirst has looked like he has played the majority of the match up top. The summary makes for decent reading, especially with regards to the youngsters Onomah and Oduwa. All four fullbacks got a half each, with Alderweireld and Wimmer playing the first half and Vertonghen and Fazio the second. Eriksen, Onomah and Oduwa started behind Coulthirst and were switched at half time for Chadli, Carroll and Dembele. Bentaleb is mentionned throughout the first half whilst Alli is mentionned in the second half, no idea who partnered who in the deep midfield in each half (perhaps together or a runout for Winks and Dier?).

I know he got the first half against Reading at CM and looked to be in defence for the second. I guess the question is whether it's out of desperation or an actual plan like Zouma being used there for Chelsea.

I know he got the first half against Reading at CM and looked to be in defence for the second. I guess the question is whether it's out of desperation or an actual plan like Zouma being used there for Chelsea.
More likely to do with the fact that we have to many CB's, so we'll have to give them game-time somewhere.

I bet it has more to do with us lacking any CM's with any defensive ability.
That's part of it as well. Still our CB's have to play games, and if that can't be at CB, then it has to be somewhere else. Last year that was mostly at RB with Dier and Vlad, the years before it was Vertonghen LB. Now midfield seems the likely option.

Thursday 30th July 2015
MLS All-Stars v Tottenham Hotspur
Friendly
02:00
Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Tuesday 4th August 2015
Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur
Audi Cup Semi-Final
17:15
Premier Sports / Premier Sports HD

Wednesday 5th August 2015
TBC
Audi Cup Third Place Play-Off
17:15
TBC
Audi Cup Final
19:45

Is Premier Sports subscription only? Will pubs have it?

That's part of it as well. Still our CB's have to play games, and if that can't be at CB, then it has to be somewhere else. Last year that was mostly at RB with Dier and Vlad, the years before it was Vertonghen LB. Now midfield seems the likely option.

Most of those other ones you mentioned were because of injurys to our first choices not to give them games. The problem at the moment is not really injurys but the inability of our CM players to show any defensive ability.

Back