• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

Frank Lampard has been ruled out of the MLS All-Stars’ friendly with Tottenham on Wednesday with a calf strain.

The New York City midfielder, who was named in the All-Star squad despite being yet to feature in MLS, suffered the injury in early July and has not recovered in time for the clash in Denver, Colorado.

Lampard joined Emirates Marketing Project’s franchise club NYCFC from Chelsea in July 2014, but spent last season on loan at the Etihad Stadium.

The 37-year-old has been replaced in the squad by New York Red Bulls midfielder Dax McCarty, who joins Steven Gerrard and former Spurs forwards Robbie Keane and Clint Dempsey in the group.

DeAndre Yedlin, who has featured in the All-Star match in the last two years, has not travelled to Denver, having taken part in the USA’s disappointing Gold Cup campaign.

Emmmanuel Adebayor, Roberto Soldado, Vlad Chiriches and Aaron Lennon – all expected to leave the Lane this summer – have remained in London, but youngsters Harry Winks, Joshua Onomah, Shaq Coulthirst and Tom Glover all travelled.

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015...s-friendly-as-four-youngsters-head-to-denver/

It will be interesting to see how much Dembele is involved (and how he is used) in the last pre-season friendlies.

With us still not having brought in either a DM-like/deep sitting player or a new first-team attacker i think his abilities at holding onto possession might be vital in the first game at Old Trafford..

I'm a bit worried with the lack of competitive pre-season matches. Just one so far against the MLS where we didn't seem quite ready yet. The next match after that is Real and then we're off to the races (I doubt too many first teamers will feature heavily in the Wednesday match). Seems a bit light to me, especially given Manure has had 4 solid competitive games under their belt and will be better rested.

I'm a bit worried with the lack of competitive pre-season matches. Just one so far against the MLS where we didn't seem quite ready yet. The next match after that is Real and then we're off to the races (I doubt too many first teamers will feature heavily in the Wednesday match). Seems a bit light to me, especially given Manure has had 4 solid competitive games under their belt and will be better rested.

Poch obviously prefers behind closed doors friendlies. If anything, flying to the States for one game and playing in the mini-tournament in Germany so close to the start of the season seem to be the interruptions to our preparations. I wonder if Poch would have preferred a couple of extra weeks on the training ground with more closed door games.

I doubt Poch is happy with the upcoming Audi cup games. He has been stitched up by the board imo. Instead of having a full week at home on the training ground to prepare for the Utd game the squad is having to play this meaningless tournament.

I doubt Poch is happy with the upcoming Audi cup games. He has been stitched up by the board imo. Instead of having a full week at home on the training ground to prepare for the Utd game the squad is having to play this meaningless tournament.

Prepare for United prior to the tournament and use those games as a run out for the tactics?

I think we've been accommodating to Pochs needs this summer, training ground friendlies is something I've never known before here (to such an extent) so would assume they are his idea, but ultimately when you're managing a club like Spurs you have to take part in these commercial boosting matches as they are key to growing the clubs image.

Prepare for United prior to the tournament and use those games as a run out for the tactics?

I think we've been accommodating to Pochs needs this summer, training ground friendlies is something I've never known before here (to such an extent) so would assume they are his idea, but ultimately when you're managing a club like Spurs you have to take part in these commercial boosting matches as they are key to growing the clubs image.

fair enough, but during the week before the first game of the season? And not one game, but two games in two days?? its diabolical, an inexcusable decision.

I dont see how the clubs image is going to improve by playing games with our players putting in half hearted performances because the really important game is less than two days away from the time we return from Germany. Also Poch will make a million subs to protect the players, seriously whats the point of it

Yes the club have supported Poch with the training ground friendlies, but we did the far east and Australia tour at the end of last season, weve gone to the States, imo thats more than enough of commercial boosting matches.

I dont think any other PL team will be playing a friendly game, definitely not two games either, in the week before the PL starts. So there is no reason why we should either..........

It is strange timing I'll give you that - but with the winners playing again the next day I'm sure both teams will take the initial game easy with lots of subs.

I really don't think he's been "stitched up" by the board. The manager of a club like Tottenham Hotspur is well aware that part of his duties is to help raise brand awareness for the club. If all he's concerned about it competitive fixtures then he should probably limit himself to management in the lower divisions. Levy and Pochettino would have discussed and agreed the plans for the summer long ago. The manager obviously wanted to get some of the PR stuff done at the end of last season, and preferred to play several friendlies behind closed doors at the training ground early in pre-season. The flip-side of this is that he will have accepted these three fixtures closer to the start of the season, and probably views them fairly positively as a chance to tweak and make last minute adjustments for the coming season against good opposition.

IMO.

Audi Cup matches Premier - Sky 433

Tues 4th August

17:15 Real Madrid vs Spurs
19:45 Bayern Munich vs Milan

Weds 5th August

17:15 Loser play-off
19:45 'Final'

Sat 8th August on BT Sport

12:45 Man U XII vs Spurs

No .... that's not a typo

I would be very surprised if any of Saturday's starting 11 gets more than 90 minutes over the two matches in midweek.

So if people are thinking our players can't handle 90 minutes of a low/medium intensity friendly on Tuesday/Wednesday before a premier league match on Saturday, why on earth would they want us to qualify for the Champions League. I genuinely don't see any issue at all with giving the players a friendly run-out the week before the season starts. These are supposed to be professional athletes coming off a summer rest followed by pre-season training.

I would be very surprised if any of Saturday's starting 11 gets more than 90 minutes over the two matches in midweek.

So if people are thinking our players can't handle 90 minutes of a low/medium intensity friendly on Tuesday/Wednesday before a premier league match on Saturday, why on earth would they want us to qualify for the Champions League. I genuinely don't see any issue at all with giving the players a friendly run-out the week before the season starts. These are supposed to be professional athletes coming off a summer rest followed by pre-season training.

yeah but if its no big deal then why arent any other teams doing the same

Back